Gnewpie Dolls

VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
So, we had a bit of a talk on envoys, and some of us don't want to see more h/m/e boosting from the warrior, mage, and bard ones. We're here to hash out alternatives.

One we've come up with is to have them give +2 weight to stats for the same duration once a month: STR for warrior, INT for mage, DEX (or CHA) for bard.

If Estarra likes one of our ideas and we find one we generally support, they may be changed from their current effect.

Please yay/nay/make your own suggestions.

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited May 2014
    That sounds fine, though the mage doll would be the most powerful (as both bards and warriors already get guaranteed weighted buffs to their prime statistic, while traditional casters usually only have access to +1 weight from karma). On the other hand, having a +2 and a +3 come out to the same.

EDIT: There could also be entirely unique effects not directly related to existing mechanics like stats or vitals for these dolls, like a version of the elemental ring set for the mage doll, limited to one hour per game month. 
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited May 2014
    Completely okay with this idea.
    Everiine said:
    How about they don't give any buffs at all? That to me is the best alternative.
    Clearly that is not going to happen.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Gotta give incentives to move credits. Commodity dolls, I don't think, are going to sell a lot
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    If Stat ones were to be released, I'd want to see another doll with the missing one of the 4 main stats, it feels more than a little wrong that one/two classes are potentially passed over while all the others can get a doll that gives them a nice +2 weighted boost every month.

As mentioned in the other thread, I'm looking on the attack PVE one with a little apprehension, wondering just how much the boost is going to be and whether it will be effective on smobs
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Make them a buff to health/mana/ego regeneration that goes away if you attack or are attacked by a player? It puts the gnewpies entirely into the PvE zone. I don't know how much they would appeal to people who aren't me, but I like the idea of things that reduce the frequency of me picking up bromides and whatnot.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Kagato said:
    If Stat ones were to be released, I'd want to see another doll with the missing one of the 4 main stats, it feels more than a little wrong that one/two classes are potentially passed over while all the others can get a doll that gives them a nice +2 weighted boost every month.

We could do a monk one for dex and keep cha on a bard.

Also, the whole scaling/inflation of power issue is why weighted points were suggested. It's just another buff you can use, then, and nothing something that can really vault you up over everyone else necessarily (though STR and CHA probably won't be as useful as the other two).
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Celina said:
    Gotta give incentives to move credits. Commodity dolls, I don't think, are going to sell a lot
    Right, because in the past, nobody ever bought curios because they didn't give any buffs.

I just get disgruntled because every time something like this gets released, the bar is raised again for being competitive, because now another item is needed to get that last little buff. And really, "this is not a curio" is a blatantly stupid lie. This is exactly what it is.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    What about a limited standard-bearer type effect for warrior, for an hour it has a chance to yell loudly during your bashing, with a chance to divert the attention of each mob in the room momentarily - making it skip a round of its combat.

• I don't mind adding more dolls if the suggestions are good enough!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Enyalida said:
    What about a limited standard-bearer type effect for warrior, for an hour it has a chance to yell loudly during your bashing, with a chance to divert the attention of each mob in the room momentarily - making it skip a round of its combat.

See, that's something unique that I could get behind. Though what would it do for smobs?

Shaddus said:
    Put my vote down as "remove all buffs, just make them dolls with funny lines".
    My vote, too.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Portius said:
    Make them a buff to health/mana/ego regeneration that goes away if you attack or are attacked by a player? It puts the gnewpies entirely into the PvE zone. I don't know how much they would appeal to people who aren't me, but I like the idea of things that reduce the frequency of me picking up bromides and whatnot.
    That could be okay too, imo.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I think weighted stat buffs are fine, it's just some in game buff that people won't have to get and evens the gap between TF's and non TF's (now that the wheel doesn't spew out TF's like before) Weighted is capped and most people are capping out their stats anyway, so not a big deal overall.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    No bonuses. No compromise.
  • I don't mind changing the h/m/e to regeneration. It'd act whether pve or pvp but I don't think that should matter that much.

If you don't want us to ever release anything that effects combat, well, prepare to be disappointed!
    If it's racial regeneration levels (Capped at three) like the enchants, that'd be fine - if boring.
    edited May 2014
    Zouviqil said:
    I'm still lost as to why we can trade gnewpie dolls, which are limited edition, but not the dingbat dolls, which are also limited edition and have existed for a longer period of time.

That's my major gripe with the gnewpies.
    THIS.  @Estarra - Is there any chance of dingbat dolls EVER being made tradeable, especially now that it is able to be done with the gnewpie dolls?  It would be lovely to be able to trade doubles of dolls you might get from presents for another doll you have not yet gotten that someone else might also have a double of, rather than having to trade it in for sticky dingbats...  (had to trade in yet another dracnari dreamer doll earlier in the week... x_x)

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Estarra said:
    I don't mind changing the h/m/e to regeneration. It'd act whether pve or pvp but I don't think that should matter that much.

If you don't want us to ever release anything that effects combat, well, prepare to be disappointed!
    That's fine... the problem with curios is that it takes ages to collect one or more and their effects on combat are pretty big, especially the genies... and it gets even worse when it's a limited edition object that might or might not be available again in the future. If I could buy a full and ready curio for a reasonable amount of credits, that gripe would likely not exist... at least not for me.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    edited May 2014
    Estarra said:
    We'll look into dingbat dolls, I guess. That's actually a larger project than the gnewpies though! (For reasons I'd rather not go into.)
    As long as it's something that may potentially happen, I'm happy.  Gives us something to look forward to, as well as a reason to NOT go trading away those doubles/triples of dolls we may get :D

Estarra said:
    We'll look into dingbat dolls, I guess. That's actually a larger project than the gnewpies though! (For reasons I'd rather not go into.)
    Please, please do. This is something a lot of people have been looking forward to, and not all are forum goers.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Estarra said:
    Elder God Dolls plz.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Could we please please get a Leatherworker Gnewpie? Us bookbinders need some love!
  • This steep Lusternian arms race is kind of detrimental to someone who's only starting to learn combat now. So many things to get and so many things to figure out (very, very high entrance and learning curve). :(

• Elder Gods who want a dolls of themselves make them available in their god realms!