Gnewpie Dolls

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited May 2014
    Estarra said:
    Elder Gods who want a dolls of themselves make them available in their god realms!
    But..but..we want Hajamin and Elostian dolls!

(and a naked Roark doll)

And we all know there's never, ever going to be a Terentia doll :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Personally I like a good excuse to buy credits. This is not one. This is just more curios with a different name. Admin I beg you give me a reason to spend my money!!!

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Annnd, we can change the effects away from yet another set of stacking vitals boosters.
  • edited May 2014
    Oh on Vivet's suggestion my response is Nay. I agree with Celina that stats would be worse. For the h/m/e, my only comment would be that that they shouldn't stack with other major buffs like the throne blessing.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'm also entirely for redesigning the entire set to be bashing aides. Bashing has fallen behind influencing to the point where it needs love and some measure of fun added to it. Again, make these a permanent set price thing post promotion. If you make something people will want, and they are not forced into a small window to buy, they will still buy credits when they can afford to, to get them. Those who can afford to play the RNG lottery for a shot at cheaper dolls will do so now. Either way the dolls will boost credit sales and be a long term benefit, instead of a short term.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    How dare you apply logic to sales and marketing, sirrah!
  • edited May 2014
    Karlach said:
     I fear for the newbie trying to get a foot in the door.
    Who needs newbies when you can just keep soaking the pool of people already hooked? :P

Me? I'm already too far behind. Why bother. It is disappointing to see myself falling further and further behind, even though I want to get back into the game. I find myself tempted every now and then, and it is very crafty how they suck you in like that. As a person with an appreciation for business, I can appreciate the strategy to part us of our cash. Just can't help but wonder if it'll ever wear out and backfire.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I like the idea of fun flavour toys. I like free comms too, as someone with lots of trades. I'm skeptical about the buff type ones.

A silversmith and lumberjack would be nice!

edited May 2014
    Here's the thing. Limited edition is great on vanity only items. There's always a surprisingly large market of people who want to be special snowflakes.

You can custom so much it takes that extra step to stand out. Promotional custom enter/exits , teleports, typecasts, masks etc? That stuff will get eaten up. Especially if there are several themes at once and people are after a specific one.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• This is definitely making me think twice about investing so much in Lusternia. If the trend is "get this NOW or you're forever going to be X steps behind everyone", then a semi-casual player like myself would be very put off.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited May 2014
    WHERE'S VIRAVAIN BARBIE WITH HER SCYTHE?!

-huffpuff
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I'm never going to try and be competitive at the top level in PvP - the people with all the toys keep getting more and more toys and there's no way some new person will catch up. They'll be the top tier until they decide to stop playing. But that's probably how it would be even without all the toys, so w/e

All you really need to do to make people happy is to make all these h/m/e boosts not stack any more.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Shaddus said:
    I'll be honest, I was hoping and dreaming that this month would have auctions or an artifact sale. I really had my fingers crossed.
    Not gonna happen. The Almighty Gimmick is the new business plan.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited May 2014
    Some of you guys are being kind of dramatic.

Ideas:
    - Chance to be healed a small amount (1 health sip?) when attacked by a mob. Can't fire more than once every few minutes.
    - Chance to have critical strike chance boosted each time you attack a mob (ie. gain 2-6% bonus to crit, similar to crit rune for one hit against a mob). Can't fire more than once every few minutes.
    - Chance to dodge/absorb one hit from a mob. Can't fire more than once every few minutes.
    - Chance to boost your next potion sip strength/shorten sip balance when attacked by a mob. Can't fire more than once every few minutes.
    - Chance on mob kill to get bonus experience. Can't fire more than once every few minutes.

Those are all things that provide a decent boost to PvE but don't affect PvP. They are all nice bonuses (I think) but are limited and aren't so nice they things people can't live without.

• Sheesh, I feel as though I'm under attack! As much as some may think that flavor-only or RP-only items would be great sellers because people want to be special snowflakes, history tells us that isn't the case. Just saying.

Anyway, rather than bemoaning how terrible I am (when honestly I'm just trying to come up with things I think people want that would be popular--and, again, rp-only items just aren't), I'm still open to changing the mage/bard/warrior doll powers. The easiest thing would be a simple regeneration. Other ideas about more PVE enhancements need to be SIMPLE. Powers that only fire every few minutes are not simple--come up with ideas where the power would be static for a set period of time.
  • I think these monthly items should be available even after the month ends, albeit at a slightly higher price. That way, you can still theoretically max yourself out instead of X number of players having an untouchable advantage because they happened to buy an item during a certain month.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    We know it's corporate policy and not you, but it just gets really frustrating to see that it doesn't seem to matter if an addition is a good addition to the game, it only matters if it makes money. The two are not necessarily the same, and recent policies have made it clearer and clearer that money is more important to the company than making the game better. One attracts people in the short run and eventually burns out--the other attracts people for the long haul.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited May 2014
    @Estarra All those powers would just work as a flat chance without the limitation of firing every couple of minutes. Take it or leave it, I was just throwing it out there.
    If a new power becomes problematic, just get rid of the Bard/Warrior/Mage dolls and be done with it.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    edited May 2014
    Estarra said:
    Sheesh, I feel as though I'm under attack! As much as some may think that flavor-only or RP-only items would be great sellers because people want to be special snowflakes, history tells us that isn't the case. Just saying.

Anyway, rather than bemoaning how terrible I am (when honestly I'm just trying to come up with things I think people want that would be popular--and, again, rp-only items just aren't), I'm still open to changing the mage/bard/warrior doll powers. The easiest thing would be a simple regeneration. Other ideas about more PVE enhancements need to be SIMPLE. Powers that only fire every few minutes are not simple--come up with ideas where the power would be static for a set period of time.
    Mage - Increases magical damage versus NPCs/mobs (if target.type != "player" then dmg = dmg * 0.02)
    Warrior - Increases physical damage versus NPCs/mobs (if target.type != "player" then dmg = dmg * 0.02)
    Bard - Decreases damage received from being too slow on influencing NPCs/mobs ("who are you?", etc, type responses from mobs)

That's my vote for those three. The former two will help make bashing a little bit more of a thing again, I hope.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Simple idea. One for willpower and/or endurance regen (or alternatively a one time boost similar to what an origami give - usable once a month).

Changing h/m/e to be regen instead of a buff sounds nifty too.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
    Don't take any criticism of the sales tactic personally, it's a system that's been used countless times in various settings before and after to generate impulse buying and throws rationality out of the window. That's nothing against you, it's just a sales ploy I loathe. If anything I'm glad you're taking feedback and willing to revamp them so that they're fun for the owners, and not unfun for everyone else, it's pretty hard to be terrible when you're showing you want to work with the playerbase <3

Here's a quick round of ideas I had in mind:

Firstly, drop the "One day per month" caveat, and revamp the Warrior/Mage/Bard to the following permanent buffs.

Warrior: % chance when attacking denizens to attack a second time with the same attack (gogo Multistrike!)

Mage: % chance when attacking denizens to infuse your attack with a random magical blast (any spell school, damage equal to whips.)

Bard: % chance when being attacked to partially (33-50% damage reduction) deflect the blow, accompanied by a witty retort! (Dashing Swordsmen, in my Lusternia!?)

I'd also push to make the flat +damage/damage reduction vs mobs dolls a perma buff (tweak down the numbers if they're high for a 1 day per month reason). But again, do make these things a perma feature post promotion at an above estimate cost.

• I'd rather not have permanent buffs, I think.
    Those are all too strong for permanent buffs, especially for the relatively paltry cost. Otherwise, I support something along those lines, though mage and warrior are basically the same thing (two attacks when you did one).
    Would that be overall or just the flat damage increase/reduction ones? Because anything that's % chance can be balanced around low proc rates if you don't want the effect to be too powerful.

I just think that "One day per IG month" is a bit low for bashing, If you're happy with the idea of permanent % chance for X to happen, I can think of ideas for the Royal Gnewpies too!

• Okay, so the two things we're considering:

ONE:
    Warrior - health regen for 1 hour/day
    Mage - mana regen for 1 hour/day
    Bard - ego regen for 1 hour/day

TWO:
    Warrior - weighted +1 strength for 1 hour/day
    Mage - weighted +1 intelligence for 1 hour/day
    Bard - weighted +1 charisma for 1 hour/day
    Monk - weighted +1 dexterity for 1 hour/day (NEW DOLL!)

Again, nothing written in stone, and still pondering ideas!
    Enyalida said:
    Those are all too strong for permanent buffs, especially for the relatively paltry cost. Otherwise, I support something along those lines, though mage and warrior are basically the same thing (two attacks when you did one).
    The mage one is balanced around the fact the spell school would be entirely random (and potentially useless) case in point hitting something on astral and getting an excorable proc, the Warrior one could probably be toned down to a "Strike again for x% of your normal attack damage." There's enough thematic and mechanical flavour to distinguish between the two.

edited May 2014
    Regen within the system of racial regen levels? If not, how much are we talking: Lobo Harmony Psymet user levels (plztono)? And would it still be 100% nullified by the appropriate music box, assuming you were enemied to the winder?