General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• So bitter that it's always the same people.
  • Praying for Salvation extra juicy xp loss on top of xp loss

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I don't know how to even start this day.

- Grandfather is in hospital for two weeks now. WAs supposed to be released today, but something serious came up... worried. lots.
    - Flushed my favorite hairbrush down the toilet by accident ( A case of 'you can save it!!!' => "booonk" => "toilet."
    - Spent trice my normal commute time to work ( ~2h instead of ~40 min ) because of major traffic jam
    - Customers being like 'we bought your product, but actually despite us priorly acknowledging, our users are too stupid and we need to you to create functionailty X within 2 weeks or we consider the big contract void because you are supposed to know...' (my interepretation, but that's how it feels like)

=> grump
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Let's see...

1. I came into the office to discover that the radiator busted so water is all over one of the cubicles, which happens to be the cubicle of the two professors least tolerant of BS
    2. I found out that the reason I was having trouble breathing last week and still am having a little trouble is because the brilliant cleaning lady used Windex and a water-bleach solution
    3. My possibly-bio-dad is going in for surgery tomorrow for skin cancer (assuming they didn't mess up his scheduling again)
    4. I'm having a lupus flare and have been since the second week of starting this job
    5. It's like 30 in my office when the radiator's working, and it's not working, so my fingertips are pinkish-purple
    6. I have little work to do because I caught up on everything for the most part
    7. I won't be home to sign for the dice my fiance ordered for me so I can teach my niece and nephew to play D&D this weekend
    8. I'm lactose and fructose intolerant so I can't even sob my sorrows into a container of ice cream
    :|
  • Selenity said:
    Let's see...

1. I came into the office to discover that the radiator busted so water is all over one of the cubicles, which happens to be the cubicle of the two professors least tolerant of BS
    2. I found out that the reason I was having trouble breathing last week and still am having a little trouble is because the brilliant cleaning lady used Windex and a water-bleach solution
    3. My possibly-bio-dad is going in for surgery tomorrow for skin cancer (assuming they didn't mess up his scheduling again)
    4. I'm having a lupus flare and have been since the second week of starting this job
    5. It's like 30 in my office when the radiator's working, and it's not working, so my fingertips are pinkish-purple
    7. I won't be home to sign for the dice my fiance ordered for me so I can teach my niece and nephew to play D&D this weekend
    8. I'm lactose and fructose intolerant so I can't even sob my sorrows into a container of ice cream
    You definitely need a whole lot of hugs. And maybe baby therapy. Baby therapy is great when you can hand them back.
    Tamsin said:
    Selenity said:
    Let's see...

You definitely need a whole lot of hugs. And maybe baby therapy. Baby therapy is great when you can hand them back.
    If you lived in NYC I would agree to baby therapy. Baby therapy rates a solid 10/10, even when the baby is puking. Peekaboo is legit.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I am barraged with sniffles and I agreed to do a thing tomorrow for a long-time friend and weep. I don't want to commute so far just to talk with a sore throat for several hours! :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Down with the flu + coughing/congestion + mystery allergy rash making it hurt to walk + my ovarian cysts deciding now is a good time to deliver stabbing pain. Imagine period cramps but worse - before they figured out what it was, they thought my IUD may have ripped its way through my uterus, that's the level of pain. :(

Just...huddling under a blanket trying not to die for the next day or two.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Ugh. Day three of using a nasal decongestant. This means I shouldn't (and won't) use it tomorrow, which means I'll be congested af. 
    Phoebus said:
    Caught one of my group members blatantly plagiarizing and deleted the offending section from our group document. Now she's upset that I deleted "her work," which was literally just text copied and pasted directly from the first google result on the topic. 

Sorry, but I'm not about to let you add that crap to an assignment my name is on. If you want to sabotage yourself with academic dishonesty, do it on your solo projects.

Sure am glad we're assigned to the same groups for every group assignment for the rest of the semester!
    I had similar problems when I was a student.

What I would do is, in the first week of receiving the assignment, do the whole thing on my own, as tough as it would be. Then, if one of my group mates failed to do their part or plagiarized or anything like that, I would inform the professor and say, "I will be submitting the part they were supposed to do as my own work, but they have failed to do their part appropriately" and let the professor handle it. At least in my college, professors were A-O-K with that. So long as you had a completed, coherent project.
  • edited February 2017
    The only good instance I remember from group work that I liked, was this one progressive professor who tried to get us to form in a holacracy instead. We'd do individual work, and turn it in, in addition to a mashup final paper, but then we submitted reviews of other group members to the professor to tell them who slacked, who didn't. The prof who had copies of our individual work could grade that, and compare it against the one final paper (we had no other tests or anything, just the paper and a 6 minute Pechakucha presentation)  to make sure there weren't any shenanigans.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Was up with dog off and on. Poor dog has a stomach thing. Finally seems to be okay.

I have come to the conclusion that I do not have the patience for a child.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Spring break! ...which means my mother insists of me staying with her. Which is unpleasant enough, but her internet is also so bad that even Lusternia lags. Not looking forward to the five hour trip either.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I mean. I live in the middle of a city and have at least half a gig down and Lusternia lags for me quite a bit too.
  • Luce said:
    I mean. I live in the middle of a city and have at least half a gig down and Lusternia lags for me quite a bit too.
    Yeah but where she lives it is like 60kb/s
    Remember that radiator leak from yesterday?

The college has just shut down all water in their buildings. A professor and I figured we would check to see just what this means by trying to use a water fountain. It shuddered and spurted out a few high-velocity water projectiles before making a sound like someone was manually trying to shift the pipes. Also, no water in the toilets or coming out of the sinks. Gods I love public colleges.
  • Phoebus said:
    I super didn't miss group assignments. Why are these even a thing.

Sylandra said:
    Groups suck. The lazy people know the hardworking people will always last minute rescue everyone in a quest to save their grade. The appeal on the teaching side is it's faster to grade five assignments than twenty-five or whatever. [/doesn't assign them anyway on principle]
    I feel the pain. At the beginning of the semester we were given a group poster to make. Fine. I'll deal with it, and try and reign in my please-just-let-me-do-everything-because-you-all-suck attitude. But then, another module also gave us a group project to do. Again, lumped with girls who care more about makeup and who they're going out with, where they're going tonight and who they're going to do the naughty with and NOT WRITING ABOUT BIRTH PLANS FOR AN IMPORTANT CORE MODULE.

On the upside, our group for the poster got together today and we were very productive and managed to get the poster somewhat finished, even if through the whole thing I was biting my tongue because I had so many ideas, I had to prompt the rest of the group to say things because they were just dead silent. I don't know. Why is no one worrying that it's due at the end of next week like me?! D:

[sorry for the rant, I feel better at getting this off my chest]
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    This isn't any easier to deal with online either. Had a group project with a group of full time students while I was working, put in the time during breaks and lunches to ask what needed to be done (since the rest of the group had already spoken and divvied the assignment). Silence. Asked again when I get home. Silence. Check the next morning and two of the team had started and finished a conversation about the assignment and how lazy everyone was and how they were just going to finish it together over email/IM (which I'd provided on my end). Half that course's grade was tied up in a group project I got no input on and excluded from.
  • Group projects are the devil. Which is honestly the most awful thing, because learning to work and collaborate in groups is such a useful skill but it's impossible to do unless you can get a group of like-minded people. The only time I've had decent group project was when the professor allowed us to kick out non-useful members, we did have to prove it to the professor, but he was always watching the group dynamics for who showed up to class and who didn't so if your thoughts on a person matched up with his, you could find a solution.

Forced group projects, where you have no choice on your partners are just awful though.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Tamsin said:
    56 goop off a coin wheel spin really depresses me. The amount of crappy goop spins in general from spending actual money just makes me sad, really. 

Although even the crappy goop spins are marginally better than the crit and tf ones...
    I suspect "reduced chance of goop on spins" really only means "reduced goop when that's the prize".

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • IT subjects had this weird tendency at Uni to end up with the "I'll do everything" person/people commandeering every assignment.

Like, some people will set deadlines and tasks, and then just do the stuff other people were assigned, often before their own stuff. Others would be the leader and not even set tasks.

In one subject our marks were assigned by the group and the leader tried to give himself 100% while also failing people because, ultimately, he didn't delegate anything to half of the group.

Is why I don't like working with couples/best friends, cause there was this tendency for it to be worse when they like hang out and happen to start working on the assignment together
  • Saran said:
    IT subjects had this weird tendency at Uni to end up with the "I'll do everything" person/people commandeering every assignment.

Like, some people will set deadlines and tasks, and then just do the stuff other people were assigned, often before their own stuff. Others would be the leader and not even set tasks.

In one subject our marks were assigned by the group and the leader tried to give himself 100% while also failing people because, ultimately, he didn't delegate anything to half of the group.

Is why I don't like working with couples/best friends, cause there was this tendency for it to be worse when they like hang out and happen to start working on the assignment together

On the plus side, it prepares you very well for work after Uni
  • Uh, the world these days. I would attend just to be rude to everyone and ruin the event.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: