General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    We may live in the information age, but it is also the age of Alternative Facts.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    after a lot of back and forth, I've decided to post this after all.

It looks like my last remaining grandparent ( my grandpa ) has only a very slim chance of recovery. It's not 0, but it's at a point where my mother ( his daughter ) says she'd wish him that he could sleep away peacefully. Just had the news like an hour ago and ... frankly the only thing I want to do right now is curl up and cry. I don't know, some people shrug these things off and move on, I am not one of those... I'm not particularly looking for sympathy in posting this, just, I know that this will be affecting my emotions, so... if you end up with a bunch of emotional aeldra somewhere in the near future, at least you know why, I know I'll be chewing on this :(
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Aeldra said:
    after a lot of back and forth, I've decided to post this after all.

It looks like my last remaining grandparent ( my grandpa ) has only a very slim chance of recovery. It's not 0, but it's at a point where my mother ( his daughter ) says she'd wish him that he could sleep away peacefully. Just had the news like an hour ago and ... frankly the only thing I want to do right now is curl up and cry. I don't know, some people shrug these things off and move on, I am not one of those... I'm not particularly looking for sympathy in posting this, just, I know that this will be affecting my emotions, so... if you end up with a bunch of emotional aeldra somewhere in the near future, at least you know why, I know I'll be chewing on this :(
    My grandmother passed away on the 6th, and I'll soon be attending the memorial today. She was the last of my remaining grandfolk too. Seems like this has been a rough start to the year for a lot of people I've met/know.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Whooo. It's that time of the semester where I update the latest batch of grades.

I can already hear the pitchforks being sharpened, even though frankly, should be the one asking them for an explanation on Monday. Seriously, there is no excuse for this many people blowing off class. :|
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    That would be why I've only participated once.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I'm watching the spam fly by on combat channels and thinking to myself that I am very happy I avoided it this year (I am also a touch busy with other stuff) because I definitely would not be able to keep up with everything.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited February 2017
    Im getting like 5 mins of lag. I get feared passivly in the fight room and I literally have ran two entire spheres away before I can get a compose command though
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited February 2017
    Ciaran said:
    Faccccckkkk I forgot to log ascension.

By the way, the lag this ascension was wayyyyy better than previous years.  Props to all the anti-lag work they've done.  It could be better, but it wasn't unbearable.
    There was a spooky period during the start where I was completely freezing and barely able to move, but it improved quickly. Still some lag, but yeah. Way better than it could have been.
  • I know I keep complaining about it, but man, pregnancy is the pits sometimes. Especially with babies that act like they just got dropped in a pit, far too early. I'm not prone to anxiety, but it's making me twitchy.
  • Veyils said:
    lagcenstion.

I have been on previoius ascensions and this was the least laggiest of them all. I assure you.
    Sorry to hear you got his with it, I did have a little lag spikes here and there as well, But I can assure it's much bette than previous years.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• I finally bought new headphones that not only look good but also sound well (excellent for blocking out all office noises...and kitchen noises for that matter since our assistants' office also serves as the department's kitchen). Then I realised after an hour of wearing them that they absolutely don't go together with my glasses since they press them against spots that cause headaches. Which means I can either only wear them with contacts in (which happens rarely nowadays since they are expensive) or use different glasses (even more expensive).
  • Thyelleia said:
    I finally bought new headphones that not only look good but also sound well (excellent for blocking out all office noises...and kitchen noises for that matter since our assistants' office also serves as the department's kitchen). Then I realised after an hour of wearing them that they absolutely don't go together with my glasses since they press them against spots that cause headaches. Which means I can either only wear them with contacts in (which happens rarely nowadays since they are expensive) or use different glasses (even more expensive).
    Is sitting REALLY close to the screen an option? It is what I do.
    Tirah said:
    Thyelleia said:
    I finally bought new headphones that not only look good but also sound well (excellent for blocking out all office noises...and kitchen noises for that matter since our assistants' office also serves as the department's kitchen). Then I realised after an hour of wearing them that they absolutely don't go together with my glasses since they press them against spots that cause headaches. Which means I can either only wear them with contacts in (which happens rarely nowadays since they are expensive) or use different glasses (even more expensive).
    Can't speak for Thyelleia, but if I did that I'd get headaches from being so close to the screen (which I sometimes get when I'm on my phone at night without glasses on). I'm so near-sighted it's ridiculous, I can barely make out the hand in front of my face. ;_;
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Sylandra said:
    Tirah said:
    Thyelleia said:
    Can't speak for Thyelleia, but if I did that I'd get headaches from being so close to the screen (which I sometimes get when I'm on my phone at night without glasses on). I'm so near-sighted it's ridiculous, I can barely make out the hand in front of my face. ;_;
    Without my glasses, I can see about 4 inches before things get blurry. I feel your pain. I wear glasses and STILL lean close to my screens instead of just doing CTRL +.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Sadly, I can't sit very close to the screen since my eyesight is also pretty bad (with astigmatism added into the mix) and I tend to get headaches without glasses or contacts (once, I wanted to get coloured contacts for Halloween but had to opt out because they don't sell them with my dioptres). One day, when I have enough money, I might try surgery but it's still a long time till that day.

• Thyelleia said:
    Sadly, I can't sit very close to the screen since my eyesight is also pretty bad (with astigmatism added into the mix) and I tend to get headaches without glasses or contacts (once, I wanted to get coloured contacts for Halloween but had to opt out because they don't sell them with my dioptres). One day, when I have enough money, I might try surgery but it's still a long time till that day.

I am sorry to hear. My eyes are just good enough that the distance the keyboard of my laptop enforces allows me to see the screen, which is hy I usggested it.
    I have never had to tell so many students to consider withdrawing from my course. The amount of people who haven't been turning in homework, showing up to class, or even turning in the major essays, is absolutely mindboggling.

Y'all, I only have one student who has done every single homework assignment I've given. Just one. And they are intentionally very brief and easy "just checking that you're doing the reading, so plz answer two questions" assignments. :(
    Daraius said:
  • Thyelleia said:
    Sadly, I can't sit very close to the screen since my eyesight is also pretty bad (with astigmatism added into the mix) and I tend to get headaches without glasses or contacts (once, I wanted to get coloured contacts for Halloween but had to opt out because they don't sell them with my dioptres). One day, when I have enough money, I might try surgery but it's still a long time till that day.

I am also in this boat, I will be getting surgery to fix it because I am tired of being blind. Even with my glasses on I play with text enlarged on my screen.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    My eyesight is pretty shite too, but I look like such a dunce without glasses I could never consider contacts or surgery.  :#
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    I can't see the big E with my glasses off unless I'm up to the paper.

Because I have an autoimmune disease I'll never be eligible to get the laser eye surgery nor laser hair removal.
    I stopped wearing contacts because I realized my eyes feel dry a lot and glasses are just gentler on them. Also I've gotten used to how I look with them on, and prefer it to the alternative at this point.
    Daraius said:
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    The enormous bags under my eyes are way too visible without my glasses on.
  • Sylandra said:
    I stopped wearing contacts because I realized my eyes feel dry a lot and glasses are just gentler on them. Also I've gotten used to how I look with them on, and prefer it to the alternative at this point.
    Since I spend most of my days and nights staring at screens with black backgrounds, I also found that to be easier for the eyes. Plus my eyes are very dry naturally so I often have to use eyedrops if I wear contacts. Nowadays, I only wear contacts if I am going out (happens rarely enough atm) or doing kendo (because glasses + wooden swords = mayhem...though I'm not training atm because I need to write in the evenings as well <.<).
    I have horrible astigmatism too. I've been wearing glasses since I was four years old, so there's never really been a time when people knew me without them. They think I look REALLY strange if I have them off for swimming or something.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2017
    I had so much faith in the Academy when Mad Max swept the Oscars, but this year I've been betrayed. La La Land can eat a bag of churros. :-1:

At least Zootopia won.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    edited February 2017
    Daraius said:
    I had so much faith in the Academy when Mad Max swept the Oscars, but this year I've been betrayed. La La Land can eat a bag of churros. :-1:

At least Zootopia won.
    DID YOU SEE THE ENDING THO?????

That was a mess. And amazing TV. But a mess.

Daraius said:
    I got one of those emails today.

• Random nightmare dredging up long (thought) forgotten traumas, leaving me exhausted and discombobulated for the rest of the night and day. Thanks, brain. :s

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)