General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• I find it amazing that a whole page has been used for bread advice, but I also wanted to throw my two cents in.

Buy a half loaf!   It's a thing!
  • Sylandra said:
    Ordassa said:
    Sylandra said:
    Luce said:
    Why is it that every loaf of bread we buy goes moldy long before we've eaten it?

We only had this one a week. :angry:
    This is why I stopped buying bread, ahaha. I hate short expiration dates. Makes me feel like I'm doomed to waste food. I also started buying vegan sausage because the expiration date is longer than regular meat. Same with buying almond milk instead of regular milk. Not a diet, just laziness.
    Stick it in the fridge before the expiry date. Toast it before eating it. Use a pan if you do not have a toaster.
    I've only got so much room in my corner of the fridge. And don't even think about the freezer. I'm lucky to sneak a frozen pizza in.

Oh I actually ment to say freezer its the best way. I totally got them mixed up.
  • Or be like me and order delivery every day. Because I can't be bothered. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Fyler said:
    Or be like me and order delivery every day. Because I can't be bothered. 

A new loaf of bread every day? Like even a half loaf, how the hell do you eat that much bread in a day?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    If you know someone has a food allergy why would you ignore that for a company potluck. Also, auto flush toilets are awful for being sick into.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Reports have been down for 3 days. They will dock our pay for mismanaging our resources that these reports track. We can't manage to unknown numbers. 

They'll hit our variable compensation anyways. 

#corporateamerica
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Moving drama + grading drama + finals drama. Hooraaaaay.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I think I'm turning into a grumpy old man. I'm not even 30 yet.
  • Last day of my vacation from work and I've mostly spent it being a responsible adult. Most of the spring cleaning is done, but I want to play games irresponsibly. :<
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Rancoura said:
    Luce said:
    I think I'm turning into a grumpy old man. I'm not even 30 yet.
    Neither am I, but I still "tsk tsk tsk" at what some kids are doing these days. You're not alone, trust me.
    I don't generally feel this way except when dealing with a select few people at work, then all of a sudden I'm just, "WHAT! Do you expect you're going to live like children your whole lives?"
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Pretty sure I had a TIA. Most likely going to hospital in the next two hours. My supervisor's boss told me to go home and to a doctor. Yay...
    <3

Back from doctoring.

More doctoring tomorrow.

"We're pretty sure you had a stroke or a ministroke, we'll be sending you for an MRI and MRA to confirm or find out if we should be looking for some other issue in your system."

Woo.
  • So incredibly frustrated. My toddler messed around with the router and now it refuses to accept that it's connected to the internet. The wired connection to my TV works fine but nothing else registers it. Have upgraded firmware, factory reset THEN upgraded, restarted modem and router both multiple times. About to turn both off for a few hours and read a book instead. Arghhhh.
  • Today I sliced the tip of my thumb  off while preparing onions for dinner; My laptop then decided that it didn't want to work for about 20 mins, no working keyboard, cut to black screen, lights still on. Boyfriend managed to fix it- WHEW.; but wait, there's more. Broke my glasses, thought I lost the little screw for the arm. Found it. Where are the screwdrivers? In the shed, he says. It's raining like someone is throwing buckets at the windows, so I brave the bonkers weather, look for screwdrivers, THEY. ARE. NOT. IN. THE. SHED. "Oh hey, I found the screwdriver, it was in my drawer." e_e managed to fix glasses (well, small fix).

Tl;dr, this evening has been a rollercoaster of minor bad things.
    High doses of iron in my iron tablets I've been prescribed are causing me migraines. Called my doctor who prescribed them. "Oh yeah, high iron supplements always cause migraines in people with a history of migraines. Your iron being the right level is more important than the migraines you'll be getting."

So much pain.
  • edited April 2017
    Selenity said:
    High doses of iron in my iron tablets I've been prescribed are causing me migraines. Called my doctor who prescribed them. "Oh yeah, high iron supplements always cause migraines in people with a history of migraines. Your iron being the right level is more important than the migraines you'll be getting."

So much pain.
    Eat meeeeat! not to trivalize it but bloody good reason for steak, spinach & BBQ. or a pot roast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciYeJngl9TM
  • edited April 2017
    Ordassa said:
    Selenity said:

So much pain.
    Eat meeeeat! not to trivalize it but bloody good reason for steak, spinach & BBQ. or a pot roast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciYeJngl9TM
    I think the level she's at requires the tablets.

Edit: Toddler driving me mad. He got into my laxatives. Don't think he actually ate any (they taste awful) but now watching for symptoms of it. Can't watch him constantly myself, because I have a newborn attached to me more often than not. >.<
  • edited May 2017
    People who roll alts just to criticize and try to find flaws. No, CGHELP TEMPLARS isn't a mistake and no we're not outdated and behind in our scrolls and no our scrolls do not reference the old guilds - the scrolls discuss how to use the class and if you read it, you'd see that. If you're talking on CT about these errors in your first 30 seconds...it is very hard to believe you will be fun to interact with.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Had a couple of strange nightmares last night involving my coworkers and places I've never seen, to my recollection. Woke up and went back to sleep after each one and can't shake the feeling something is wrong today. It doesn't help that I learned after the second one that you can, in fact, read things in dreams and it doesn't mean anything in particular.
  • I was once awoken from a dream about my grandmother by my dad calling to tell me she'd died
  • edited May 2017
    I used to have horrific night terrors as a kid.  I was afraid to go to sleep at night.  They had to medicate me in order for me to sleep.  Eventually, this lead to me becoming a lucid dreamer.  "It's just a dream, it's just a dream, it's just a dream..."  Now, my dreams are whatever I want to dream about, but every now and again one gets away from me.  I call those nightmares, even if the content of the dreams aren't all that alarming.  But even so, I have this dread the entire time that the dream is about to go way wrong.

Serial dreams used to be very common for me.  It's not exactly the same dream over and over, so much as going back to the same dream and realizing halfway through that I've had this dream before.  Then it may or may not end the same way, or more often turn into a sequel to the previous dream.

A couple of years ago, I had one of these dreams.  It was pretty mild as nightmares go: my hometown, oddly and mysteriously abandoned.  This dream always focused on someone's house - generally a house I'd never seen before, with me wandering through it looking for someone, anyone, hello is anyone there?  This time, I found a dog.  I recognized the dog.  I had dreamed this dog when I was a kid.  The dog was starving, locked in the house and unable to get to any food.  When I dreamed this dog as a kid, I fed him everything I could find in the cupboards and refrigerator.  Hot dogs, bread, cans of stew, everything.

So this time I find this dog in this house (which retconned into THAT house) and I felt unbelievably guilty that this dog hadn't been fed for all those years.  I woke up crying because I'd made the dog starve for decades by not returning.

Every once in a while, I make sure to visit that house in my dreams to feed the dog.

The mind can be a weird place.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I made the appointment to have my best friend of 16 years euthenized tomorrow evening. We'll have one more day to spend together.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."