General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Ahah. There is a silver lining (you know, sort of) that she does it way more to my sister than me. Still sucks to see it happen tho.

• Mine whipped this out because I refused to tell her my new address. Because, you know, she randomly drops off hate-mail and packages of my stuff she's held and releases when she knows it's most emotionally vulnerable. She didn't like me not signing on for more of that. But, eh, it's nothing new. She's straight up: blamed me for my parent's divorce, beat me with a hot curling iron because I was going to prom with a date I setup through friends (vs being asked directly), told me I am unlovable, refused to let me live with her when I couldn't afford rent, etc. 

Sad part is, part of me wants to just give in to her, because my life is sad and lonely and she says what I want to hear. and tbh it's still better than nothing. Maybe she really IS the only one who cares hahaha :(
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited May 2017
    Emotional abuse hurts no matter who the source is, and giving in only ever makes things worse in the long run. God knows I've spent enough time letting my family hold me hostage emotionally to know. 

Everyone is different, and everyone is special in their own way, but most of the time, you're better off letting go of the tenuous connections to those who seek to use you and your emotional state to make them feel better about themselves. She may be related to you, but that doesn't make her family, and she may have you in her thoughts, but that doesn't mean she loves you.

Find those who will, and let go of the past. Love yourself, love others, and let yourself feel the difference between when someone genuinely cares for you and when they do not.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I see a kettle that doesn't know it's black.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Unrelated to the above conversation which I wholly understand and sympathize with...

... a pro-tip for you college goers.

If the secretary of a department knows your name when you come into the office, either you're well liked, or you've done something TERRIBLY TERRIBLY WRONG.

... I may or may not have interacted with a student whose name I've learned, along with their e-mail, phone number, and address from having to contact them so many times. Please go away, student, and do your homework. ._. I'm praying they'll pass the tests next semester so that nobody in the ESOL program will have to deal with them again.
  • Breandryn said:
    Mine whipped this out because I refused to tell her my new address. Because, you know, she randomly drops off hate-mail and packages of my stuff she's held and releases when she knows it's most emotionally vulnerable. She didn't like me not signing on for more of that. But, eh, it's nothing new. She's straight up: blamed me for my parent's divorce, beat me with a hot curling iron because I was going to prom with a date I setup through friends (vs being asked directly), told me I am unlovable, refused to let me live with her when I couldn't afford rent, etc. 

Sad part is, part of me wants to just give in to her, because my life is sad and lonely and she says what I want to hear. and tbh it's still better than nothing. Maybe she really IS the only one who cares hahaha :(
    Munchkin, remember: she lied & was abusive. Every other thing she says is likely to be a lie. This isn't about you. It is about control, she doesn't care. she needs a toy/thing to play with. You are it.  Keep that in mind. Care does look like that, not by a long shot.

You can survive being alone, only if you are free. Keep that in mind. you care for you.
  • edited May 2017
    Ordassa said:
    This isn't about you.
    I have to remind myself of that several times a day with my mother, so I definitely know it's easier said than done, but believe me, it is so very crucial to recognize this. It's not you, it's them. Repeat it as many times as it takes for it to stick.
  • Kerith said:
    I have to remind myself of that several times a day with my mother, so I definitely know it's easier said than done, but believe me, it is so very crucial to recognize this. It's not you, it's them. Repeat it as many times as it takes for it to stick.
    Every time she does or says X "for you"; pick it apart for an ulterior motive. Check it against past actions. I betcha it will not take much to make it stick.
  • I feel like today is official be a jerk to Tirah day. I can't remember the last time so many people have been rude, talking behind my back or insulting to me at once.

Sorry for the double post, I guess.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Guess who got to schedule two urgent vet visits within a couple hours of each other? This guy.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Speaking of students, yeah, no shows who I scheduled time for today for makeups... >:(

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'll join in: how is it the students who didn't show up all semester are the people who wind up bothering you when the semester's ending? Plz let me crawl under a rock and be glad I'm done grading. :|
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Persona 5 is starting to irk me the story makes no sense 
  • That feeling when you have to force yourself to stay in bed, because your mind jerks itself awake from an extremely vivid dream after ~4hrs of sleep and is like, "Yo fuck that! Time to go! Wake up wake up!!!" but your body's like "omg fuck off"
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Trying to give a good day to someone determined to be miserable.
  • Yesterday the neighbor pounds at my door, declaring a kitten emergency. Newborn kittens, abandoned by their mother in the gutter, can I help. I go out, and the neighbor has already dragged out 4 kittens from under the car and put them in a laundry basket. I go to look, see if there are any others, and sitting under the next car up is the momma cat, watching with a stricken look on her face. I try to move the basket near her, and she bolts, and runs under a fence and into someone else's yeard. I put the basket near the gate, and leave them alone, hoping the momma cat would come get them at some point.

The absolute worst thing you can do with kittens you find is mess with them. Unless you know for a fact the mother is dead or not coming back, then she's around somewhere, hunting or watching you. Leave feral kittens alone, please.

The momma cat did not come back for her kittens. Maybe she did and they smelled like people so she abandoned them, I don't know. But two of the kittens who had fallen out of the basket towel had died in the night, and the two who were buried under the towel were staving and dehydrated. I took them to the animal shelter, and hopefully they'll make it further. They were put in an incubator and given some kitten formula before I even signed off on the paperwork the shelter had for me. I at least saved two, but the other two didn't need to die, and if the neighbors had just left them alone, the momma cat would have moved them, and they would have had their little feral kitten lives.

-=-

And on top of that, one of my house cats got bitten by a dog last week, and its ankle broken, bone sticking out and everything. He had his leg amputated yesterday. He's alive, and doing well, thankfully, but it's not been a good cat week.
  • Uh, yeah, I mean people can just Panic! when they see little kittens all alones!
    But you need to watch them  a bit and keep your distance.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• College exams are the worst. I battled 2 hours with this one but i think i emerged victorious. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sure, boss. I don't mind working for my third Sunday in a row. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Hush you, I work every Sunday :P .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Everiine said:
    You work seven days a week? 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Everiine said:
    You work seven days a week? 
    Or he is a priest
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA

Kistan said:
    Or he is a priest
    Which is why I never played a Celestine or Nihilist.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • On the topic of long hours... I put in 88 hours and some change this week, divided between 5 days.  I could have picked up a sixth day, but decided ohellno.  It's a lousy situation because I know that when a shift is shortstaffed, patient care suffers.  I can just imagine someone asking why such and such mistake got made allowing their parent or child to come to harm and me trying to explain that sorry, we just didn't have enough employees.

Everiine said:

Kistan said:
    Or he is a priest
    Which is why I never played a Celestine or Nihilist.
    So, what do you do on the days where you aren't a priest? 
  • Eldanien said:
    On the topic of long hours... I put in 88 hours and some change this week, divided between 5 days.  I could have picked up a sixth day, but decided ohellno.  It's a lousy situation because I know that when a shift is shortstaffed, patient care suffers.  I can just imagine someone asking why such and such mistake got made allowing their parent or child to come to harm and me trying to explain that sorry, we just didn't have enough employees.
    I'm not sure what exactly your role is but just want to say kudos to you for caring about patients' welfare. I wish more people in the healthcare field did, though I certainly understand burnout, and I wish the field weren't so understaffed. But yeah basically thanks for being awesome and caring.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Kidney stones. Thought they were done.

They woke me from a dead sleep to say 'lolno'.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."