General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Flailing and falling down into the endless abyss of insecurity.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Meae said:
    Whoops, forgot my rant.

I tried to quit caffeine, and now that I've caved in after.. two days, italian roast tastes like cigarette smoke all of a sudden. And it's all I have. /why

Speaking as someone who has quit caffeine successfully before-- (pardon me for a moment while I sob bitterly into the cup of coffee I'm drinking right now) Speaking as someone who has quit caffeine successfully before, the absolute best way to do it is to wait until all of the caffeine-bearing product in your home is gone before you attempt, and do not allow yourself, under any circumstances, to go and get more. If you're just trying to willpower your way away from the coffee that's sitting in the next room, it's much more difficult than if there is literally no coffee within easy reach. Also drink lots of water. It helps with the screaming headaches. (The screaming headaches are all but gone by the end of the first week!)
  • Phoebus said:
    Meae said:
    Whoops, forgot my rant.

I tried to quit caffeine, and now that I've caved in after.. two days, italian roast tastes like cigarette smoke all of a sudden. And it's all I have. /why

Speaking as someone who has quit caffeine successfully before-- (pardon me for a moment while I sob bitterly into the cup of coffee I'm drinking right now) Speaking as someone who has quit caffeine successfully before, the absolute best way to do it is to wait until all of the caffeine-bearing product in your home is gone before you attempt, and do not allow yourself, under any circumstances, to go and get more. If you're just trying to willpower your way away from the coffee that's sitting in the next room, it's much more difficult than if there is literally no coffee within easy reach. Also drink lots of water. It helps with the screaming headaches. (The screaming headaches are all but gone by the end of the first week!)
    What she said.  I've been working to give up soda and caffeine this month.  I started by switching from soda to crystal light(the caffeinated stuff) to get myself away from the need for the taste of soda.  My plan then was to wean myself slowly off of the crystal light.

What ended up happening though was I developed another stomach ulcer over thanksgiving weekend, so I gave it all up cold turkey since caffeine hurts like hell on a hotplate  now.
    Stangmar - Retired

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Stangmar said:
    Phoebus said:
    Meae said:
    Whoops, forgot my rant.

What she said.  I've been working to give up soda and caffeine this month.  I started by switching from soda to crystal light(the caffeinated stuff) to get myself away from the need for the taste of soda.  My plan then was to wean myself slowly off of the crystal light.

What ended up happening though was I developed another stomach ulcer over thanksgiving weekend, so I gave it all up cold turkey since caffeine hurts like hell on a hotplate  now.
    I want to 'like' this without seeming like I'm in favour of people developing ulcers, so this is completely necessary.

Good luck, hope all goes well!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Literally one week left in class and I've got two essays plus two projects and a chapter's worth of homework assigned.

Where was this work a month ago?!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Phoebus said:
    Made a new character in Skyrim. I-I'll log in later, I just need to do one more quest...oh, I'll be able to get my next smithing perk in three skill points? Hold on I'll be done once I hunt down some deer for leather-- oh, a dragon, let me just fight this real quick...Ooh, I should go get that one word of power before I spend this soul to unlock a new shout, it'd be so good for this character, and...oops.
    This is why I haven't bought Skyrim. My hour play time when I bought Oblivion turned into an all night I MUST COMPLETE THE DARK BROTHER HOOD QUEST LINE cracked out on mountain dew play-a-thon.
  • Celina said:

Phoebus said:
    Made a new character in Skyrim. I-I'll log in later, I just need to do one more quest...oh, I'll be able to get my next smithing perk in three skill points? Hold on I'll be done once I hunt down some deer for leather-- oh, a dragon, let me just fight this real quick...Ooh, I should go get that one word of power before I spend this soul to unlock a new shout, it'd be so good for this character, and...oops.
    This is why I haven't bought Skyrim. My hour play time when I bought Oblivion turned into an all night I MUST COMPLETE THE DARK BROTHER HOOD QUEST LINE cracked out on mountain dew play-a-thon.
    Yeah, exactly why I didn't.
  • I have fridays off...but my teacher rambled on in class when we were supposed to be working on our group project...so I have to get up and drive into the city in rush hour traffic today. :(
  • Almost all my shifts until next week are closing, and I've got an 8hr shift tomorrow and the next day... HUZZARGHLE.

@Orti @Portius I swear I haven't forgotten about your books T.=.T

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    2 weeks left of classes and I still dont' know how I'm going to get it all done. My mind is exhausted all the time.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Coffee!
    Ugh, never touch the stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love the smell of the stuff, but the taste is just nasty.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Everiine said:
    Ugh, never touch the stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love the smell of the stuff, but the taste is just nasty.
    Some coffee tastes terrible. Other coffee tastes wonderful. I drink coffee regularly, but I've hated most coffee I've tried! Though, once I found one I loved, I ended up hooked. :( Beware.
    Today was one of those days that just sort of...went by. I did nothing, and couldn't bring myself to do anything to break the monotony. Maybe tomorrow will be different. ...but I doubt it.
    :(

Tomorrow is another day.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    My string of emotions for the evening:

Annoyance: My planned Fiasco game had to be cancelled due to illness on the part of a player.

Amusement: The newly freed time led to half of a Hallifax playset for Fiasco being written.

Annoyance: The odds of this playset ever being used, even when finished, are essentially zero.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    I would totally play a Hallifax-based Fiasco game. You should write it and get a bunch of people to play it via Skype ;)
  • Group projects. Please. Stop assigning them.

They do not teach cooperation. They teach me that everyone else is a shifty lazy bum that's going to make me do all the work and then forget to bring in their piece of the presentation.
    Group projects. Please. Stop assigning them.

They do not teach cooperation. They teach me that everyone else is a shifty lazy bum that's going to make me do all the work and then forget to bring in their piece of the presentation.
    Agreed. Especially when the group project is totally irrelevant to the class, like the one I had to present today. Each of the six of us put about two hours of work in and then rehashed it for the class. Pointless.

It took me two hours to force myself out of bed today. But I still don't feel like I ever woke up. Urgh.
  • edited December 2012
    I can't even do well in the subject I want to major in... :-<

Overall, my first semester of college has been less than stellar.
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Dynami said:
    I can't even do well in the subject I want to major in... :-<

Overall, my first semester of college has been less than stellar.
    Heh, just hang in there. A lot of people don't do so hot their first semester as they adjust to college. Also quite a few departments purposely make their intro classes difficult to weed people out.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • There is one class that's keeping me from graduating, that is only offered in spring. One class. And I got a 58 last spring.  :(
  • Life reminds me I have Aspergers in the worst possible way.
  • My body -would- develop a fever the week before finals.  ~X(
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • Llesvelt said:
    Life reminds me I have Aspergers in the worst possible way.
    I don't want to like this, because that would be awful, or agree, because mine is pretty mild.

Can we get a sympathy button?
    Why am I still at work after midnight...

Why is there a virus rampaging around the network?

Question two does answer question one, but not in any satisfying fashion.
  • Xenthos said:
    Why am I still at work after midnight... Why is there a virus rampaging around the network? Question two does answer question one, but not in any satisfying fashion.
    Isn't question two merely a more specific version of question one?  >:)
  • Xenthos, my sympathies. Of course, I'm always at work after midnight. I could rant, but it's by choice. >.<