General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Anniversary spent with me sitting on Lusternia with next to nothing to do, because boyfriend is on the phone with Verizon disputing a bill for hours on end. If all goes according to his crusade, I won't have an internet or phone connection when I wake up in a few hours. This will probably last for a number of weeks, considering we still have exactly zero dollars and zero cents in income.

Yay anniversary and stress-free New Year's. Not :|
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited December 2012

The aftermath of the anniversary went well. Internet service is still holding up, even got a surprise gift that I'm absolutely in love with. Unfortunate news, my great aunt was diagnosed with incurable liver cancer. I don't know much of her, but my mom is pretty upset. For this reason, I am pretty upset.

That's life, I guess. I foresee a short, but much-needed Lusternia break.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Was suppose to be at a New Year's party tonight, Spanish theme, had a Zorro costume all set up.

Instead? I'm sat in bed all night with a RL version of throat lock, can't swallow for crap =(

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited January 2013
    Lets see. I don't want to bring everyone down that reads this, but here has been my life over the last 3 weeks:

-Got fired from my job of 2 years without much warning and for illegitimate reasons (can't legally dispute, already tried)
    -Denied unemployment because I got fired instead of getting laid off
    -Used all the money to my name to hire a moving truck to take me back to my mom's house in Washington state all the way from Texas. They stopped 2 hours from house and gave up due to "weather", which was rain. Deposited all my worldly possession in uhaul storage there.
    -2 degrees, 2 years of experience, 30 applications, no offers
    -Overdue on all my bills with no income expected to help
    -Deactivating phone by the 4th and still have to pay $9 a month for it. If I cancel the contract I have to pay 90
    -Becoming more and more depressed as time goes on due to unemployment, self-doubt,. self-loathing etc.
    -Have no money to see a shrink about all these problems or I'd be there in seconds.

Also probably going to apply for food stamps. Which will feel good afterwards, but suck during. Someone come cheer me up in cold rainy Washington =(

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • Majanishi said:

Lets see. I don't want to bring everyone down that reads this, but here has been my life over the last 3 weeks:

-Got fired from my job of 2 years without much warning and for illegitimate reasons (can't legally dispute, already tried)
    -Used all the money to my name to hire a moving truck to take me back to my mom's house in Washington state all the way from Texas. They stopped 2 hours from house and gave up due to "weather", which was rain. Deposited all my worldly possession in uhaul storage there.
    -Deactivating phone by the 4th and still have to pay $9 a month for it. If I cancel the contract I have to pay 90
    -Becoming more and more depressed as time goes on due to unemployment, self-doubt,. self-loathing etc.
    -Have no money to see a shrink about all these problems or I'd be there in seconds.

Also probably going to apply for food stamps. Which will feel good afterwards, but suck during. Someone come cheer me up in cold rainy Washington =(

Wow man, I feel for you and I am sorry. Slightly bad news as well, Washington state has the highest unemployment rate in the country. It is ridiculously hard to get a decent paying job there. I would recommend keeping your chin up. Find some dumb min wage job just to keep a little money going to at least be able to slap 5 bucks on your bills to keep creditors off your ass and just be a persistent person with jobs. At least you've got family too!
  • Aison said:

Wow man, I feel for you and I am sorry. Slightly bad news as well, Washington state has the highest unemployment rate in the country. It is ridiculously hard to get a decent paying job there. I would recommend keeping your chin up. Find some dumb min wage job just to keep a little money going to at least be able to slap 5 bucks on your bills to keep creditors off your ass and just be a persistent person with jobs. At least you've got family too!
    I am quite fortunate, actually, about 2 things. 1 I have family that's letting me crash with them until I get another job and 2. My profession has probably the most openings, especially in Washington, than any other job. It helps that Seattle is a tech center. It's competitive, yeah, but there are thousands of job openings in Seattle for software developers and they pay really well. Just have to know someone in the company to get lined up for an interview.

That actually goes in raves today. Yesterday I had my phone screen with a company I'd like to work for and it seems to have gone REALLY well. Now I just have to brush up on some knowledge before my next interview and hopefully I'll be set.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
  • Fulfilled my first real maid of honor duty today and we successfully chose china, crystal, and flatware. Almost had to cut a bridal consultant for being so pushy. The concept of a five piece place setting (china) is a total anachronism. She went piecemeal to come up with a functional setting with pasta bowls and the pretty accent plates that will end up costing $50 more a setting. Bleh.

The bride also let me know that she wants for her bridal shower. Apparently 3 months' of her fiance's salary for the ring is not enough, she wants 3 months' of mine as well.

This is super fun.

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • :( I was the Best Man for my brother's wedding and while it was awkward and uncomfortable, it was free. Sucks you're losing money on it.

• Talan said:
    Fulfilled my first real maid of honor duty today and we successfully chose china, crystal, and flatware. Almost had to cut a bridal consultant for being so pushy. The concept of a five piece place setting (china) is a total anachronism. She went piecemeal to come up with a functional setting with pasta bowls and the pretty accent plates that will end up costing $50 more a setting. Bleh.

The bride also let me know that she wants for her bridal shower. Apparently 3 months' of her fiance's salary for the ring is not enough, she wants 3 months' of mine as well.

This is super fun.

And now you have discovered why, when three (very close) friends have asked that I be in their bridal party, I've hee'd and haw'd until they've sorted out a MOH.

Best man? For sure. I'll pay for the strippers and beer for a week.

Man/Maid of Honour? Not a chance in hell, sweetie.
  • Well that was a double whammy of shitty suck. Received notification back from Twitter and from another company I was applying to that they aren't interested in my skills/resume. Back to the drawing board I guess
    :((

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    edited January 2013
    Majanishi said:
    Well that was a double whammy of shitty suck. Received notification back from Twitter and from another company I was applying to that they aren't interested in my skills/resume. Back to the drawing board I guess
    :((

I applied to well, well over a hundred places before I started hearing much of anything (I applied to like 40 positions in one company). It just takes applying to literally everything you can think of, while doing your best to tailor the resume to what they say they're seeking. Just got to try not to get depressed and realize it's nothing personal if you get rejected or don't hear back. There's unfortunately a lot of people in that situation at the moment, but if you keep at it you'll eventually find something!

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Yeah, especially in the soft economy, it takes a lot of perseverance to find a job.  I moved here to St. George, UT in August of 2011, and didn't find ANY work until January of 2012, but that was less than 10 hours  a week.  I didn't get a decent job until September(working part-time for the school district...17.5 hours a week).  I'm in college though, so I haven't been looking for full-time.

Most online applications will never be seen by anybody.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:
    Yeah, especially in the soft economy, it takes a lot of perseverance to find a job.  I moved here to St. George, UT in August of 2011, and didn't find ANY work until January of 2012, but that was less than 10 hours  a week.  I didn't get a decent job until September(working part-time for the school district...17.5 hours a week).  I'm in college though, so I haven't been looking for full-time.

Most online applications will never be seen by anybody.
    Wherever it was, I remember hearing that online applications screen each submission for key words. If you don't tailor your application with the key words looking by the company, around 90% of them, then they won't bother looking at the resume.
  • Chrome ain't loading formatting heavy pages right. Firefox is, but not chrome. It just started doin it today. I don't know why.
  • @Turnus and @Stangmar

Thankfully I've only been unemployed for 2 months now. It's just stressful and that leads to depression with people like me heh.

• The chair I use in school pinches my left leg's nerves or something. It hurts to use it :(
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • Why is it so warm here? I like wearing cold weather clothes. I have no excuse to go out in my coat and gloves and beanie. :(
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I broke my laptop :(, though it's not as big of an issue as before now that I have a job.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    One does not simply get away with eating reheated fish.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I think one of the dumbest excuses I hear from our generation about why we act the way we do is "Your generation raised us".

BS, take ownership for your life.
    Stangmar - Retired

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Today I had a heap of washing to do. It was rainy, my dryer is in need of repair, and I have nowhere to hang clothes undercover. Grrr.

• Write a bunch of lua code for handling telnet negotiation stuff, only to find out that i won't need 99% of it. Yay wasted effort.
  • Lavinya said:
    Today I had a heap of washing to do. It was rainy, my dryer is in need of repair, and I have nowhere to hang clothes undercover. Grrr.
    If you have a full size bathtub, you can always hang em from the shower rod.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited January 2013
    Still raining, still no dryer. Turning my house into a Chinese Laundry, there is stuff hanging everywere! (I have four kids (so lots of washing) and no shower over our bath thus no shower rod).

• My desktop, despite having fresh new not half burnt out RAM, is still freezing at random. Not even crashing semi-usefully, just freezing. I think it might be my graphics card, but I can't find my spare. Only its installation manual... mrrgh.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• J.J. Abrams is supposedly directing the new Star Wars movies.

The Star Wars vs Star Trek nerds are going to eat this up, lol.
    Stangmar - Retired

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Neos said:
    I broke my laptop :(, though it's not as big of an issue as before now that I have a job.
    This is now only half true! Kinda fixed my laptop, which hopefully last me until I have enough for a new one. I would have gone insane without it.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Broke my laptop power cable and ran out of power halfway through the Talthos revolt. Then had to spend far more money than I wanted for a new one. :(

• Things always break right after you just spent more money than you should have......
    My car is PMSing, and I'm not looking forward to fixing it, especially since I just spent $150 on another gun this week.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Selling my car is no longer an option. It is a requirement. Just have to find a buyer before repo. Fml. I love this car.