General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Trying to sell my car right now.  It's too problematic, and I'm looking to get something cheaper and with a manual transmission.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Well when you let unemployment really get to you, it's quite depressing. I don't think I've felt this overwhelmed in a long time. Maybe I should stay in bed all day tomorrow.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • My dad died 7 hours ago. He stopped breathing and they couldn't get it going again. He had been battling MS for almost 8 years. At least I saw him on Friday night for pizza and wished him goodnight before I left. His eyes were still open when I saw him today, he just looked frozen, like the pause before a breath.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm sorry, Caffrey :(

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I am so sorry to here that.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.   Don't hesitate to come talk to us if you need to.

Stangmar - Retired

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Sorry for your loss Caffrey.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Sorry Caffrey. I know the pain too well as I lost my father to cancer when I was 11. Shit sucks. If you want to bro it out to let off some steam, let me know and I'll try to find a way to send you a sixer :)

My general dissatisfaction/first world problems: been having trouble sleeping due to general lack of anything useful to do, the stress of unemployment, etc. I'm going to try to increase my reading time and decrease my Lusternia time and see if that helps. 12 hours of Lusty a day becomes quite a burn after a time.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • edited February 2013
    Gaga had to cancel the rest of her tour and I just feel really, really bad. Yes, this would have been my first time seeing her on stage but I know this tour meant so much to her...  :-<
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • Dynami said:
    Gaga had to cancel the rest of her tour and I just feel really, really bad. Yes, this would have been my first time seeing her on stage but I know this tour meant so much to her...  :-<
    Isn't it just postponed, as in she'll come back and do the show at a later time?  That's what I got from everything I've read so far.  She is amazing to see live, so I hope so, because you will enjoy every second of it!
  • Morshoth said:
    Dynami said:
    Isn't it just postponed, as in she'll come back and do the show at a later time?  That's what I got from everything I've read so far.  She is amazing to see live, so I hope so, because you will enjoy every second of it!
    https://littlemonsters.com/post/511c2006eb8114f40f0001e7
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2013
    I broke my thumb. THE DAY BEFORE V-DAY. Timing could not be worse.

I should note that V-day has no significance to me other than it being by far the busiest day of the year for a cupcake shop.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited February 2013
    Daraius said:
    I broke my thumb. THE DAY BEFORE V-DAY. Timing could not be worse.

I should note that V-day has no significance to me other than it being by far the busiest day of the year for a cupcake shop.
    Well don't sweat it, I personally LOVE it when people handling my food have visible hand wounds.

• Dynami said:
    Morshoth said:
    Dynami said:
    https://littlemonsters.com/post/511c2006eb8114f40f0001e7
    Ah, that isn't up on her website, odd.
  • I would love to know what happened to my sleep schedule such that 9pm to 3am is now when I sleep as opposed to be productive these past two days. I was supposed to be productive T.=.T

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• I'm still awake. That's my rant.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• How much I miss having reliable access to a wifi network. 3g covers everything I need for work, but I can't connect to Lusternia with it too efficiently.
  • What network are you with?  I'm on AT&T(through Straight Talk) and my 3G speeds are terrible.....although I can at least connect when T-mobile and Sprint users have nothing, lol.  

My next phone will be the Nexus 4, so that I can at least have FauxG.
    Stangmar - Retired

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Being totally screwed around with the house we are trying to rent. First chance since I left home at 18 of having a real, proper home where I'm actually comfortable - possibly of even managing to live in the same place for more than 6 months - and the lettings agent won't tell us what is going on and keeps just blithering on about having to get back to the landlord but never telling us why/what it's about/if we are even able to rent the house at all.

Not pleased. And I hate being angry at people :(
  • That sucks.  Our landlord has been great for the last 18 months that I've lived here.  Even lets us do stuff that the contract says no too(like be armed to the teeth, lol).
    Stangmar - Retired

• Darn broken laptop is really putting the whammy on me playing Lusternia. I have to wait till Friday to get a new one though. Le sigh.
  • Trying to find an apartment in Tulsa so I don't have a drive an hour to work and an hour home before and after a 12-13 hour shift, has not been going well. Everything is either in gangster town or had 4 bedrooms and is 1400 dollars a month
  • Stangmar said:

What network are you with?  I'm on AT&T(through Straight Talk) and my 3G speeds are terrible.....although I can at least connect when T-mobile and Sprint users have nothing, lol.  

My next phone will be the Nexus 4, so that I can at least have FauxG.
    I'm in the UK. My network provider does offer mobile broadband, but the locations I'm in are a little back country, or out of the way, so it's of little use.
  • That frustrating moment when know-it-all clients get mad at you for not getting them a big enough refund. 

Client: "My friend got me a bigger refund last year by doing x or y."

Me: "Yeah, well that's illegal and I don't want to go to jail for you."
    Stangmar - Retired

• 99.1% battery death. What was once a 72 watt hour battery is now a 720 mWh battery.
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Man, Mudlet. :( Why you crash during cool RP.

My precious logs :(

• Winter storm knocked out my internet...at least I still have my phone!
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• Zyphora said:
    Man, Mudlet. :( Why you crash during cool RP.

My precious logs :(
    Presumably for the same reason it periodically deletes all my aliases and triggers.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Two nights ago, I had an awesome dream about racing to the TARDIS and saving the Doctor. It was great until I woke up. Curse you, reality, curse you.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    My work is changing my hours from 11pm-7am, to 3am-11am so I can learn another part of my job. Not only does this horribly skew my already splintered sleep patterns, but I've found out that the plant manager has said that if I can't do it, they really don't need me.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Everiine said:
    Two nights ago, I had an awesome dream about racing to the TARDIS and saving the Doctor. It was great until I woke up. Curse you, reality, curse you.
    Are you the new Amy Pond? The mental image is fantastic.