Last fight of the FFA: Avurekhos versus Nayl

I noticed a lack of logs recently so...
This log starts from after Chade was eliminated from the Free for All, leaving @Avurekhos and myself in the Avenger arena. 
We gave each other time to apply defenses and such before engaging...

Is also the Shintar.

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

I think this log should be named "cheeseball druid does everything wrong." He attempted to spam the cheese, which is normally really effective, but did it without any real strategy or plan. Classic case of leaning on the win button. I mean, if you're going to play something so over the top cheesy like a double attrition blackout spamming allergy druid, the least you could do is not spam vines against an acrobat and let them punch you in the face.

I think that sounded harsh, but whatever. If you are going to lean on cheeseball combat, I'm going to say it.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited May 2014
    Avu is in need of serious training, though. His melding compositions are horrible for a Champion. Can't really blame him though, noone to really train him to begin with. He probably had to learn it all on his own.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited May 2014
    I think I recall you saying something about monks needing to be put down in another thread, @Celina. This log is more like big cheeseball overwhelms little cheeseball.

Avurekhos did have to learn on his own, I think, and no one's stepping up to help him. I've prodded @Elanorwen about it, since I think she's had success with druidry melds? Dunno though.

EDIT: No offense to Nayl. Ninjakari can basically glare at anyone and they start bleeding for 1k health.

EDIT DEUS: I think the Stealth Waylay in the middle was especially a good move.

• Kinda funny to call the druid the cheeseball one against the monk, but okay.

Those colors have caused me a temporary sort of blindness. Oi.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    My favorite part was where the Shadowdancer called out somebody else's cheese moves.

At least he didn't actually go the full attrition route and fully induce the person to get drunk. What you should do is induce the person to remove their cleanse, or put their cleanse into a letter, then sap.

I don't think Avu does all that bad, in group combat at least. It's hard to tell anything from this log due to a combination of horrid colors, blackout and monk spamming, except that Nayl needs a beast.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Nayl has a beast. It's in the log. The two just got separated.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Well it's hard to read in my defense, and still simple fix

Climb down
    order hydra follow me
    climb up
    Kata stuff
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.

Well yes, monks are universally cheesy and everyone knows that. However, a druid (especially a double attrition druid) is extremely well equipped to handle monks. Druids, broadly speaking, are a counter to monks because momentum is very difficult to maintain on moving targets (or targets that move you). So monk cheese doens't really come in to play vs a druid unless you just stand there and let them hit you.

PS: Yes, I am a jerk. I don't feel obligated to give fake nice combat advice if they're just going to lean on blackout mashing. You can be bad (or "horrible") and still try. I'll be nice when they're trying, and not just falling asleep on 2 buttons. I don't get the desire to pk and run for champion if you're just tying every key on your keyboard to memoryloss or vines.

Silvanus said:
    My favorite part was where the Shadowdancer called out somebody else's cheese moves.

At least he didn't actually go the full attrition route and fully induce the person to get drunk. What you should do is induce the person to remove their cleanse, or put their cleanse into a letter, then sap.

I don't think Avu does all that bad, in group combat at least. It's hard to tell anything from this log due to a combination of horrid colors, blackout and monk spamming, except that Nayl needs a beast.

I'm a healer. SO MUCH CHEESE. God, do you ever stop crying about me. Did I run over your kitten or something I'm unaware of?
    ^The megalomania is strong in this one

At least the name calling has gotten more creative over the years.

• If you're not using Celina to fuel your hate fire and get better, you're doing it wrong.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Maligorn said:

Avurekhos did have to learn on his own, I think, and no one's stepping up to help him. I've prodded @Elanorwen about it, since I think she's had success with druidry melds? Dunno though.
    Have offered. Never got taken up on it. And really, you'd be amazed at the amount of self-help every Seren guild needs these days. Either way, I can't force people into accepting my teaching. If there's no interest to learn, then there will be no attempt to teach.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    I wouldn't suggest taking help from anyone on yalls side of the alliance for meld advice. 

Ooooh gurl, she called you out.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I agree, we should all take tips from the true Master of Meldetism, FillinMunsia.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"

Actually, this is one of the more active log threads! I tried to post a few longer ones without any personal commentary and all I got were crickets and a jaded Veyrzhul.

Small victories.

• Active... like a yeast culture... for making cheese.  B-)

I'm sorry. I could have been nicer.

I'm just not nice.

=((
  • Avu, go back to the lessons I taught you on how to secure the saplock. Timing with the meld at high allergies, blackout from dreamweaving if you want (embedding the mote can be brutal), stuff to help secure and perpetuate the lock. Normally I'd suggest sap with the meld to stagstomp, which tends to give someone a lot to cure before they can break out of the lock, followed by alternating webs and thornlashes. It's a bit harder when you have an acrobat, as webbing only does so much.

From my own experiences recently: You lean on web way too hard. It's an annoyance. It doesn't kill. You've seen me get out of your saps with some regularity recently!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'd be careful leaning on stagstomp too, it's not as good as people tend to make it out to be, especially against acrobats. Your biggest dreamweaving trick is layering periodic effects, but acrobats can springup, which makes it a little harder to use that to keep them prone.

I find that it's a good idea to use headbutt (which does damage and throws of balance) to knock the enemy through a briar wall (to entangle them, buying more time), into a room where you have amnesia only embedded, once you have them setup with epilepsy/daydreaming/narcolepsy. Some systems also prioritize thornlashes (as a kill condition) above vines. If you notice that, you can sometimes just entangle and then lean on your thornlash button, they'll kill themselves quickly spamming writhe thornlash.

Also, in 1v1 combat as a dreamweaver, turn off thorns and storm. They do more harm than good, if you can get metawake off.
  • Acrobats are irritating on everybody, yes. I will say that. 
    (does Avurekhos read the forums?)

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Maligorn said:
    (does Avurekhos read the forums?)
    Read, yes, post to, no.

Stagstomp is every bit as good as people make it out to be.

I will acquiesce to your opinion on this one because you most likely interact with him. Someone is better than no one isn't a philosphy I follow myself, but I understand why others do. I'm just saying that it's pretty easy to tell the difference between someone who is just needs practice, experience, and to work out strategies and someone who is relying on the same tired cheese many, many before him have relied on. (i.e. weaver memoryloss spam). To me there appears to be a notable lack of effort, not lack of experience (though lack of experience may also be a problem aside from this log), and I say that not only in reference to this log but a brief scuffle I had with him in etherseren.

So while everything you are saying may be true, and I have no reason to believe it's not and he's not a wonderful asset to his guild and org, this log demonstrates none of that. What it does demonstrate is the affinity for an easy button that, unfortunately, didn't work and there's really not a lot of feedback to give to that style of pk. It just is what it is.

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Do ninjas really have a zero momentum, zero power, zero wounding, no grapple pre-req windpipe? :(