Doll trading - Now a thing!

KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
edited May 2014 in Common Grounds
ANNOUNCE NEWS #2333
Date: 5/14/2014 at 19:18
To : Everyone
Subj: Doll Trading

We are happy to announce that plush artifact dolls are now tradable!

You may list all dolls you own using the DOLL LIST command, and trade using the DOLL TRADE command. Type DOLL on its own for the full syntax. 

Note that each type of doll has been set manually to allow for this trading mechanic, and it is thus possible that one or more may have been missed. If you run into trouble with certain dolls not appearing on DOLL LIST (and thus being un-tradeable), please send me a message with the item number. 

And may I be the first to say yessssssssss.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Comments

• You were hardly the first.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I have lots and lots of dolls available to trade! :)
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    The sad moment when you realize... all Halli dolls are meh.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Ieptix said:
    Xenthos said:
    I have lots and lots of dolls available to trade! :)
    You may have lots of dolls, but there miiiiiight be a Xenthos exception on trading.

*twiddle*
    Nooooooooo!

This is what I get for hoarding dolls in the hopes that one day I could trade them. :(
    PS: Can "DOLL LIST" get a count at the end of it please, like other lists? :o

Can't physically handle this right now. Will edit once I can.

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    I need.

The Glumki doll.
    Zouviqil said:
    I need.

The Glumki doll.
    Guess who has an extra Glumki doll? ;)
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Want Albion and Selene!

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • I will trade my Albion or my White Hart for a Glumki doll. Please and thank you. *throws sugar around*
  • Gorgulu and Nifilhema, and then my Magnagora set is complete!

The dolls I still have for trade after the initial binge are:
    Necromentate, Ashtorath x2, Abeytu, Roxie Wingnut.  I will take any retired doll for them really, except for generators (I'd prefer non-duplicates of what I have, but if you do not have a non-duplicate I'm still willing to trade and then try to find someone else to trade that one to).

PS: I still have your Glumki Zouvi, just let me know.
  • Annnd it's broken. Traded an Ardrak to Marcella... it's in my inventory now suddenly. Even though probing shows it belonging to Marcella.

edited May 2014
    Esca said:
    Annnd it's broken. Traded an Ardrak to Marcella... it's in my inventory now suddenly. Even though probing shows it belonging to Marcella.
    It's not broken.  As I told you when we traded, all it does is change the "ownership".  They will go to the right hands when they reset (they are artifacts and show in the artifact list).  Don't worry about it. :D

Edit: As Ieptix points out, they were updating correctly in DOLL LIST but not ARTIFACT LIST.  Oops indeed. :(
  • Forgot to change reset rooms on traded dolls. Oops.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • edited May 2014
    I didn't do it!!! D:

• Yay! Not that I am a doll hoarder... I got rid of that Glumki doll at last!!! Thank you! Thank you!

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • Isluna said:
    Yay! Not that I am a doll hoarder... I got rid of that Glumki doll at last!!! Thank you! Thank you!
    THANK YOU!
  • Ok, anyone who traded dolls before this point, give it an hour and they should have reset properly to your inventory. If after an hour there's a doll in your DOLL LIST that hasn't reset to you, drop me a message, since it looks like a few dolls got traded around multiple times and I might have mixed up on sorting those out.
    ** Attn: Doll traders: A bug with doll trading resulted in doll reset rooms not being updated. This has been fixed, and already traded dolls have been manually fixed and should reset to the proper inventories within the next hour. **

Again with the manual fixing.

Thank you. <3
  • edited May 2014
    It would be more work to write code to do that stuff, tbh, given the small number of trades thus far.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Suddenly wishing I'd held onto my excess dolls instead of trading them in >_<

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I've got Grutina and Altaira to trade away, preferably for a Hart doll.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Lavinya said:
    Suddenly wishing I'd held onto my excess dolls instead of trading them in >_<
    I won't lie, the second I saw the announce post I thought of you and my old Nifi doll I traded in.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Elanorwen said:
    The sad moment when you realize... all Halli dolls are meh.
    The Cririk one is fun!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I have my Nifilhema doll thanks to a present, but thanks for thinking of me! What I don't have is anything to trade for the other DL dolls :(

• Oh man, I need the Schuchidira Twlix doll like nobody's business. And the Guardian Drachou.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • You needs Drachou? I has Drachou. Whatchu got that you trade for Drachou?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    What I'd like to trade:

34473      a plush doll of Chuchip, Guardian of the Wildes
    53290      a plush doll of Altaira, the Star Deva
    214984     a plush doll of Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart
    215024     a plush doll of Crow

What I'd like to acquire:

Guess Cririk Adom... because why not? And ummm... Gorgulu... so I can has amusement of the magic girl vs tentacle monster that Gorgulu/Shakiniel interactions unleash. :D

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.