RP? Murdering villagers because there are no consequences

Comments

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Arguing over the newsboards isn't better than ct...
  • You may notice that I never posted anything to the newsboards about it
    I associate cliques as one person. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Munsia said:
    I do not understand this statement.  Can you please clarify?
    edited May 2014
    Xenthos said:
    Munsia said:
    I do not understand this statement.  Can you please clarify?
    Bias Prejudice

If you want to understand more, it'd have to be in private because it covers much of my opinion on the players of the game. 
  • It might amuse you, then, to know that I am part of the d'Murani "clique" as well. I make it a point to be inclusive and try, sometimes in vain, to make many friends across the game. That comment shows a pretty obvious lack of understanding about who I am as a player, and is also sort of inflammatory, but I guess I should expect that by this point. If everyone who I was in social groups with could be considered an extension of myself I'd have more alts than @Shaddus.
    edited May 2014
    None of the main d'murani claim you. You don't understand what clique is....You can claim to be part of another family, but if the players do not recognize you as 'one of them' you simply aren't. We're talking from an ooc view here.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Making broad, inflammatory statements about an entire group of people says a lot more about you than it does about them. #stereotypingisbad Also: I hate these quote boxes. I can't make it go away.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Celina said:
    Making broad, inflammatory statements about an entire group of people says a lot more about you than it does about them. #stereotypingisbad Also: I hate these quote boxes. I can't make it go away.
    Go into the source and remove the <blockquote> tags.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Celina said:
    Random statement is random? Everyone knows everything about me :)
  • Can we post a "Haters Gonna Hate" meme picture and close the thread now? 

• @Munsia I actually am in the OOC d'Murani clan, as I have been for several RL years, where I am great friends with tons and tons of d'Murani. I'm afraid this is just something you are ill equipped to comment on.

@Iasmos I unfortunately agree.

@Everyone thanks for a wonderful discussion, I enjoyed the different viewpoints, even when they were not congruent with my own. There were actually several ideas that came up that I hadn't even thought of, so it was enlightening and fruitful for me. I'll be sure to post a new tale of 'Is this forum RP??!' for everyone's enjoyment the next time CT makes me do a spit-take. <3
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Yawngasm. Are we done here?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Should've been done right after the first post with Belibi's "Lol?"
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I wish more high schools rigorously taught Shakespeare.

Much Ado About Nothing comes to mind.
  • edited June 2014
    With regards to flesh and tailoring I present to you the following:

WARNING: NSFW or if you don't want to see ancient (replica) full frontal.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/28/necropants-iceland-legend_n_4164338.html

So there.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I Love necropants. It comes up every so often, and I laugh so hard at the idea of some sorcerer(ess?) coming at you wearing them, scrot a' jinglin' with gold coins.
  • edited June 2014
    Jingle Bells just took on a whole new meaning thanks.

Ancient Norse culture had some serious dark and grisly practices. Eastern Europe too. Which is why I can't fully condemn the Teutonic knights for being bastards.
  • edited June 2014
    Shikha said:

With Deepest Regrets,
    Shikha

I applaud you for having the integrity and wit to call people out on their nonsense.  Stuff like this happens more than I'd like to admit. Generally, it's the players who hold a position of authority for extended periods of time and believe themselves unimpeachable or 'above the system'.  If anyone challenges them, they get upset and try to shut you down, because.

I also find it odd that slaughtering entire settlements of denizens is a casual activity enjoyed by Light-loving disciples of Raziela...Strange.

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm right here, Tetra. Tell me how you really feel.

• Lavinya said:
    I'm right here, Tetra. Tell me how you really feel.

I feel like you abused your power in that situation, as did someone else.  But that's just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt!  Not sure why you're flagging my post, lol.

And this is why I don't think this sort of log should be brought to the forums. It's a one sided display that people are now judging me (not my character, funnnily enough) over. That's hardly fair.

• Lavinya said:
    And this is why I don't think this sort of log should be brought to the forums. It's a one sided display that people are now judging me (not my character, funnnily enough) over. That's hardly fair.

You're right, it's not fair.  I don't think you're a horrible person or anything, I just personally would have, well...not done that.  But if there's anything I've learned spending time playing Lusternia, it's that you have to be accountable for 100% of everything you do and say.  No exceptions.  I'm not saying that to you in particular, but as a general statement.  

• So Tetra comes in and makes an unfair statement that hurt the player's feelings. So we should close down all threads of discussion that is based off "this sort of log", since they have that potential to make people feel sad about a random stranger's nasty comments.

OK.

edited June 2014
    I think you're deliberately misunderstanding me. Most logs posted to the forums are about sharing with people to enjoy the exciting fun rp that they have been involved in, not a post to judge the quality of roleplay and or the actions going on in them. Am I so wrong to not want my org roleplay put up to the scrutiny of everyone who has never even played in the city? This log was a criticism, and no, I didn't appreciate it. Lavinya has flaws, jump in game and criticise her to pieces, she deserves it (and I'll have a lot of fun reacting to that in game) but critisizing me for rping a certain way... Yeah, I don't think it should become something we are just ok with. It's not all that fun being the one in the spotlight accused of 'bad' rp or abusing my power.

• edited June 2014
    I really didn't mean it as a nasty comment.  Sometimes people do things in the game that they shouldn't(again, in my opinion).  Most of us are adults and don't need to take things, in a game, so personally or to heart.  

I'm not saying you're a bad roleplayer, not at all.  I just think there are more elegant solutions that don't involve breaking your own orgs law?  If you find my comment unreasonable, I don't think you're being very fair either.

As for people seeing the log that have never played in the org, you don't know who has or hasn't played in Magnagora.  For your knowledge, I don't play my alt in Mag -specifically- for this type of behaviour.  How do you think your choices make other people feel?  It's not always about us, but how it affects others.

For the record, I do not think posting a log is 'unfair'.  It would be unfair to post an incomplete log, thus skewing the perception of those who read it.  Otherwise, posting them is entirely fair.  If you feel confident enough to put it on CT, why shouldn't people read it?  It's like saying you can't own your roleplay, and it's only okay for certain people to see it.

I was actually responding to Lerad. I could, obviously, explain my character's reasoning and thoughts and general history and every little event that has lead to her thinking the way she does, but it seems pointless outside of the game, to me. I'm happy to rp with people who want to get to know Lavinya. I'm less encouraged to justify her actions oocly when it's obvious I'm damned either way.

Basically - when it happens in game, it's easy to fob it off as criticism of the character and roleplay and it's no problem. When it's out of the game, it's a lot harder to not take it personally. I don't think anyone should have to be called to account to explain their ic actions. I feel like I'm on trial or something for just playing a character who is very far from perfect.

• Criticising people for rping a certain way, whether ICly or OOCly, is still criticism. Constructive criticism can help improve your rp, if you wish to take it as constructive. If you don't, that's your prerogative as well, and the critic has no right, and no means, to force you to change the way you play the game. Not all criticism will be constructive, but there is no justification to remove the means to criticise, or to censor criticism, just based off the "bad eggs". Note that I use the term "bad" very loosely - it is subjective what is constructive and what is not, and it is a slippery slope to start insisting what makes you or me personally uncomfortable is grounds for removal.

If you don't want to share every little detail that goes into your character's head, you don't have to. I have never seriously participated in any of those threads like "character secrets" or "why is your character in the org". I don't see any reason to roleplay as Lerad when I'm not... well, in the game, roleplaying as Lerad. Doesn't change the fact that what I do in game is in-role. I don't feel obliged, and neither should you, to reveal all your roleplay motivations just because someone criticised you about it.

That doesn't mean the discussion should not be allowed to flourish.

The forum rules, and the admin, are good at policing personal attacks. No matter how harsh a criticism may be, for as long as it doesn't go into the realms of personal insults, it's a fair opinion and point of view that should be allowed to be aired in a forum. If someone is attacking you in a personal manner beyond the realms of argument, that is grounds for you to approach an admin, privately or via flags, whichever you prefer, to press for the enforcement of the rules. Arbitrarily limiting or restricting criticism to being only valid inside the game because somehow it is more palatable inside it than outside it, will only stifle the community's ability to reach a common understanding and improve aspects of the game.

Iasmos on the report train again, hue. No seriously I blame @Kaalak. Y U DO DIS?! Shame on you for necro so that Tetra could see the post.
This discussion has been closed.