Experience boost stacking

PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
Is experience boost stacking additive or multiplicative?  Like, do two doublings become a tripling or a quadrupling?

Also, are there are boosts that can stack with themselves, so that if I wanted I could use a couple dozen lips or something and have a really sickening increase?
Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Additive
  • edited May 2014
    Basically, not counting achievements these are the maximum XP buffs you can stack:

Silver Cookie + 10%
    Membership + 25%
    Lips +100% - Can only have one active at one time.
    Goldentonic +100%
    Harmony + 10% (guess)
    Autumn + 10% (guess)
    Bloodrage + 10% (guess)

If you're influencing:

Legendary Ikon + 200%

So assuming you can't Autumn or Bloodrage. Best you can manage without achievements is:

Bashing: + 245% Boost
    Influencing: + 445% Boost

Achievements you can stack as many as you like. Since I already had a bunch of kills and was offline on the day achievements were released. When I logged in and killed one thing I instantly got a massive buff. I stacked achievements massively for the run from 95-100.

For experience gain nothing comes close to a large scale 15+ person astral bash. You're going to gain more exp rocking a +245% bonus on an ur'Bash than you ever would solo influencing with a + 445% boost.

• Chade said:
    Basically, not counting achievements these are the maximum XP buffs you can stack:

Silver Cookie + 10%
    Membership + 25%
    Goldentonic +100%
    Harmony + 10% (guess)
    Autumn + 10% (guess)
    Bloodrage + 10% (guess)

If you're influencing:

Legendary Ikon + 200%

So assuming you can't Autumn or Bloodrage. Best you can manage without achievements is:

Achievements you can stack as many as you like. Since I already had a bunch of kills and was offline on the day achievements were released. When I logged in and killed one thing I instantly got a massive buff. I stacked achievements massively for the run from 95-100.

For experience gain nothing comes close to a large scale 15+ person astral bash. You're going to gain more exp rocking a +245% bonus on an ur'Bash than you ever would solo influencing with a + 445% boost.

Please remember that those ur'Bashes are only available to half the game. If you are in Halli/Seren/Celest, your best bet is influencing.
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Parua said:
    Chade said:

Silver Cookie + 10%
    Membership + 25%
    Goldentonic +100%
    Harmony + 10% (guess)
    Autumn + 10% (guess)
    Bloodrage + 10% (guess)

If you're influencing:

Legendary Ikon + 200%

Please remember that those ur'Bashes are only available to half the game. If you are in Halli/Seren/Celest, your best bet is influencing.
    ... This is not true, Celest/Serenwilde/Hallifax are perfectly capable of doing large astral bashes like this, they've done it quite a bit actually.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Yeah, it's about getting your people together. Not about our dmp or some shit. At a certain amount of people, dmp almost stops mattering and kill speed matters. 
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Arguably, Gaudiguch/Magnagora have a slight edge due to insanity mitigation, but who cares? 

I think it's more in the way that some orgs have more 'access' to aetherbashing, in that they hold them more often and therefore their normal ranks get to do them more often.
    Enyalida said:
    Arguably, Gaudiguch/Magnagora have a slight edge due to insanity mitigation, but who cares? 

I think it's more in the way that some orgs have more 'access' to aetherbashing, in that they hold them more often and therefore their normal ranks get to do them more often.
    Insanity mitigation isn't a big deal.  Any system can code in insanity ignore and be perfectly okay. 
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yes, I know.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Bloodrage is 5 without taint/10 with

The south does have an advantage because they actually have active bards from each organization.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    One could argue that the North has it better because they all have divinus.

No matter your org, there is a threshold where bards, insanity, and all of that stuff stop mattering and it turns into a mob woodchipper. Just have to find that number. 

• Parua said:
    Chade said:

Silver Cookie + 10%
    Membership + 25%
    Goldentonic +100%
    Harmony + 10% (guess)
    Autumn + 10% (guess)
    Bloodrage + 10% (guess)

If you're influencing:

Legendary Ikon + 200%

There's absolutely no reason Halli/Celest/Seren can't hold these, and I've certainly seen largish groups up on astral from the north. It does take a bit of experimentation to get the math right on the linking scripts which makes it easier to manage but it's definitely doable. Basically all you need is 5 people to make it start being worthwhile holding a group vs solo astral hunt. The gain starts to become amazing around the 12-15 people mark and frankly ridiculous if you break 20 people in a single hunt. 

You guys have plenty of ascendants, have them buy aegis and switch out their powers during hunt - it's 2.5 million (up to 5 mil if they switch back) which they'll easily make back during a decent hunt. Aegis the smaller people and get them through levels quickly. Great way to build up your core of demigods and build team spirit. It's what I'm trying to do with some of the newer Gaudiguchians currently, working quite well too!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, let's do it! I've been really keen to try out my divinus whip too! I haven't caught an Astral hunt since Talan got hurt though. :(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    Yeah, let's do it! I've been really keen to try out my divinus whip too! I haven't caught an Astral hunt since Talan got hurt though. :(
    This is what I am referencing. It's not that the Northern alliance isn't capable of doing these massive bashes, it's drumming up the people (and the interest) to pull it off. Granted, I have not been the most active of late, but I have personally never seen one of these 20+man astral bashing groups on the northern end. Could they be happening when I'm offline? Certainly, but I don't think that's the case.

Thus, why I said it's more reliable for us northerners to stack buffs and influence.
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
    I've jumped the Northern's Astral bashes multiple times because the idiots linked the node below Motes.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    What happens, exactly, if nodes are linked below motes or drained entirely? Something like the Gaudi/Halli nodes?

No, they just don't recharge as quickly. If you drain a node to Motes, in 24 hours it'll be back up to Crackling.

If you drain a node past motes to (Inner glow? I think is the next one), in 24 hours, it won't be filled back up to crackling.
    edited May 2014
    Parua said:
    Daraius said:
    This is what I am referencing. It's not that the Northern alliance isn't capable of doing these massive bashes, it's drumming up the people (and the interest) to pull it off. Granted, I have not been the most active of late, but I have personally never seen one of these 20+man astral bashing groups on the northern end. Could they be happening when I'm offline? Certainly, but I don't think that's the case.

Thus, why I said it's more reliable for us northerners to stack buffs and influence.
    Sounds like your alliance has the case of 'Apathy' Not the rest of the game's problem, however. 

@Maligorn This phenom known as 'Munsy will eat you' happens. There's a handful of us in the south that patrol groups on astral and when found we do attempt to remove people. 

The entire thought process behind the 'only to motes then switch nodes' is that the entire game is capable of using astral. The north and the south included. The refresh time is faster so everyone is capable of bashing up there. People that transgress against this (See @Kelly) usually do it out of spite and 'If I don't, someone else will' which in the end is just @Kelly...
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    To clarify, if a node gets completely drained, it will only gain 1 power per hour. Comparatively, if a node is at rainbow halo (with only Crackling [full] above it), it will gain 50 power per hour on the tic. Each "level" it goes down, the lower the power regen factor gets. And it's something like ~200 power per level, so a drained node definitely takes way longer to recharge.

Order is Crackling - Rainbow Halo - Motes - Throbbing - Glowing - Crystalline - Devoid
  • Moral of the story.  Stop linking on Motes people!!

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Wish the game had less systems on which you had to educate people because ignorance means you mess it up for everyone. See astral nodes, see herbs. I'm sure there are others.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited May 2014
    Rialorm said:
    Wish the game had less systems on which you had to educate people because ignorance means you mess it up for everyone. See astral nodes, see herbs. I'm sure there are others.

Often it's not ignorance, just a lack of consideration for others. The people who are the main culprits at draining or picking everything and not replanting are not wide eyes newbies but people who are aware of what they are doing.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Rialorm said:
    Wish the game had less systems on which you had to educate people because ignorance means you mess it up for everyone. See astral nodes, see herbs. I'm sure there are others.

So...you want it to be easy for everyone? I enjoy this 'Actions = Consequences' and trying to streamline it like every other game on the internet would be exceedingly annoying. Need spice in the game. 
    Pun not found.
  • Karlach said:
    Rialorm said:

Often it's not ignorance, just a lack of consideration for others. The people who are the main culprits at draining or picking everything and not replanting are not wide eyes newbies but people who are aware of what they are doing.
    Sadly you are probably right about that. I'm just concerned about the newbies :(

Munsia said:
    Rialorm said:

So...you want it to be easy for everyone? I enjoy this 'Actions = Consequences' and trying to streamline it like every other game on the internet would be exceedingly annoying. Need spice in the game. 
    I just fail to see what slower regen the lower it is drained adds to the game. I'm all for consequences but I don't feel that having to bitch at your city or commune mates because they fucked up is meaningful. And if I were from the North, and would drain nodes dry to piss of the South, I'd probably invoke the wrath of the North much sooner than create conflict with the South.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Ssaliss said:
    You drop a group of 81064 spice packets.

We have enough spice in this game, thankyouverymuch.
    The spice must flow.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Rialorm said:
    Karlach said:
    Rialorm said:

Sadly you are probably right about that. I'm just concerned about the newbies :(

Munsia said:
    Rialorm said:

I just fail to see what slower regen the lower it is drained adds to the game. I'm all for consequences but I don't feel that having to bitch at your city or commune mates because they fucked up is meaningful. And if I were from the North, and would drain nodes dry to piss of the South, I'd probably invoke the wrath of the North much sooner than create conflict with the South.
    It's not newbies, as Karlach said, that are screwing it up. It's @Kelly doing it on purpose for the most part. She's openly admitted it on multiple occasions. It's also other selfish players, I've caught a Mag or two red handed. Removing things like this to make it so players have to do less work is just stupid. Back to neopets for those types.
    People need to chill about astral. No one is entitled to it. @Kelly has just as much right to suck nodes dry as Mag is to drop them to motes and let them recharge. They're public domain. if draining nodes is being an "asshole" to other players, I'd scared what you think PK is. It must be the worst thing ever!

Someone from Celest draining a node and not caring about how much it "inconveniences" a Magnagoran? LE GASP. 

Noone said Magnagora. We said the game.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Wow man, missed my name getting thrown around here. I don't really care for the crying over Astral, because there are so many other good places to bash and many other means of experience-gaining. I feel like collective-you are really just upset over not being able to stand in one room, leeching experience without a care in the world, because it just takes that one person to manage the group by linking and/or standardbearing while everyone else can highfive the keyboard and go get a pizza. Sorry to not be sorry.

All of that said, I don't drain nodes unless it's a greathunt. I'm not spiteful, I could care less. If I was, then I'd rather just jump your hunting group (and the only reason why I ever did that was because I felt that I had to demonstrate that the North still had some backbone and the South shouldn't get a free and easy ride through life). I haven't been bashing Astral in weeks, so you, @Munsia, can kindly find someone else to blame for world hunger.

Similarly on that note, I stopped hosting large-group Astral hunts because it is pretty thankless and a lot of work to manage, further complicated when the group gets jumped because it is fun to hate Kelly (and I like it like that). It is pretty irksome to hear the cries on forums or whatever that I don't invite XYZ-discriminatory groups on hunts, and then hey, Hallifax or certain individuals will go off on aetherhunts or whatever without inviting others, but are still perfectly happy to jump on the Serenwilde/Celest or others' hunts. So I'm going to find my fun and peace of mind elsewhere.