Why are you in your city?

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Well, I'd post here, but since I'm on a train bound for the desert...
  • Disliked Gaudiguch, wanted Glomdoring, got Magnagora.

It worked out for me.
  • Gaudiguch pretty much became my only option after exhausting all the other ones because I shot myself in the foot by following Kalin like a lost puppy way back when and no other org would let me in or advance beyond cr1/gr1 ever aside from them because they were pretty well fallen apart when I joined, so I made it work.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice

-city privs
    You don't live in a stinking city! Use COMMUNE instead.

I stay because I find that I work well with all the awesome people in Glom, plus all the cool stuff that comes with the mythos that I absolutely adore.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I remember reading the chapters of the Celestine Empire histories as they came out on the old Yahoo group before Lusty was out, Rowena enthralled me completely. When Lusty came out finally I joined Serenwilde as some throwaway character, and I found I didn't like it one bit.

But when I heard that Glom was possibly on the horizon I jumped back in and Astraea was born. I loved Glom, like an awkward amount, even though it was hard at first to really jive with the WE ARE NOT TAINTED, NO DON'T USE SURVEY, and worse because we got beat on so handily. But as time passed it became easier, and then the Wyrd happened eventually, and it became not only easy, but amazing.

I've found that more than anything, what keeps me in Glom is the mythos, the guild concepts, and the fact that I've been able to share a surname with the entire reason I joined Lusternia to begin with. 
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited May 2014
    You know the wyrd still is a byproduct of taint, though...like all insanity/denial/ic asside...............
  • It depends on what mood I'm in on which alt I play... Though I've never really logged into my Mag alts. Just never could get into Mag rp. Or if someone needs a tattoo
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    No one to abuse OP skills at the city at the time.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited May 2014
    I don't wanna discuss the 12-16 hour village influencing I was a part of as a Seren....though I do recall it was in Stewartsville. 
  • I've been pretty much errwhere but I like Glom because of the intensity of the RP, and the amount of active combatants.  I like the Forestal RP of Seren but for the most part there's a huge gap between people being dumb and trying to mudsex all of the things all of the times and the noble forest warrior/ranger that I love so much (That Rivius, Enyalida and Aerys did really well at, when I was there). But I found that I couldn't handle all of the flowery-ness of Seren (not that it's terrible). Bounced around and ended up in Celest but went dormant a few weeks later because I didn't know anyone.

So far, Glom seems the best (for me, personally). RP is great and I like the personalities of everyone there....

.... And also the hottest player-base.  B-)
  • I came over to Lusternia from Aetolia not long after it opened and played a... I'm not even sure. Something in Celest. Didn't end up staying, went back to Aetolia for a while, then stopped playing MUDs all together. Finally I came back for a while again, created a character and chose Magnagora for no real reason at all beyond that I hadn't played it. Stuck around a little longer that time, as a Caco, but my interest waned.

When I came back, Magnagora was what I knew best and figured it would be easiest to get into. And thus, Esca.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I'm in Hallifax because Science! I liked the idea of a poetry of reality type character who is mostly a scientist but multiclasses into artsy things because he understand beauty as a result of his research. I seriously considered Magnagora as an option, too, and at this point if Portius ever left Hallifax he'd probably go there.

Made an alt in Gaudiguch because I have this image of Gaudi in my head that I really love, but I've had a hard time really getting into Gaudi itself.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I believe in Capitalism just like my capitalist god Morgfyre. Also I started playing to troll Lavy, hence Mag.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    My first character was in celest because water was my favorite element.

Shaddus was made because my first character was treated like crap in celest, and the ninjakari were starting up.

Pesukaru was made because i was inactive for a bit, and celest was being beat down. I wanted to make a small character who protected those around him. Also, because of Eventru.

Entrias was originally made to test out aeromancy, and he ended up being online by accident when aerochem was being released. So I stuck around with him and developed him into a sort of person who was devoted to Zyphora the greater good (c) no matter the cost to him or those he felt weren't acceptable. He ended up developing a series of mental issues starting with depression and ending up with a lack of self-importance and self esteem, and is on hiatus right now.

Llewell was because I wanted to make a shamanistic/ritualistic person in serenwilde. I wanted a hartstone, but had a serious dislike of a certain hartstone leader; thus, Llewell went SS.

/Fastforward

Current main was started in one guild because I was bored, but ended up moving to another guild where I technically already have another character who has too much baggage. We'll see how it turns out.

Current alt 1 is because I didn't have a single character in a certain guild, and wanted some RP. Most of my characters end up being combatants; this one isn't.

Current alt 2 is because I'm in love with a specific skillset, and love tinkering with it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I think you clicked the post button too early, your list stopped at only alt 2, you have several hundred to go.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Alt two that I'm currently playing. To allay the fears that most people have (oh my god, is this cool new novice a Shaddus alt? Dare I adopt them? Is it contagious? Why am I talking to myself?), I generally limit myself to two non-obvious alts at once. Three if I consider one my main.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • My first character went Magnagora since I loved the idea of that organization the most, and Nihilist because the roleplay of the guild really appealed to me. It turned out a little different than I had anticipated, guardians being not quite so much priests but not really summoner / warlock types either, but I totally loved the guild none the less. I still think Mag is awesome, and should there ever be an active Fain again I might have to dust off the character. 

I took a long break for various reasons, and when I came back my BFF Karlach had changed orgs. I figured being a forestal would be a nice change of things, but I didn't want to go against the roleplay of my old character so I decided to start anew. Went Nekotai because I really love monk archetypes. Turned out to be a really good decision :) 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • I either hated all the other organizations or they hated me - not to say I'm not hated in Gaudiguch, but I haven't gotten the boot yet!

I haven't tried Hallifax, I don't think I'm smart enough to have a character there.
  • For me, it's always first te Lore and Theme of a city that draws me. I tend to go for a more darker sinister roles as I personally find them more fulfilling and fun. Who doesnt like to create panic and dread??

Second I always look at what skills I see as most fun AND that I would most easily understand and get the hang of. Truth be told, as fun as some skills can look, I know that I just wouldnt excel in them. Take Nihilist for example, I love the concept and I adore my Ashtorathy but I suck at the utilizing of their skills.
  • Because Communism Collectivism, Comrades, is the way forward.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Ssssscccccccooooolllllddddd.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"