Why are you in your city?

Comments

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    The original post needs more likes then....
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Lisaera said:
    half the battle
    So what you're saying is it's important that they know where to live.

And knowing is (more than) half the battle!

GEEEE EYYYYYYYYYYE JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOE!!!

Anyway, I first got talked into this game (eventually) by Rialorm, and rolled to play in Mag with her former main. A-typically I play two types of characters, humourless, loyal to the cause, deadpan Paladins and sadistic brutal Orc berserkers/death knights. Talked out of the idea of joining Celest very swiftly, I rolled my Orclach and had fun for a while. Over time I didn't quite feel comfortable, there were (and still are) awesome people but the direction I wanted to take the character, didn't fit the way the guild and city went.

I'd read so much on Glomdoring, a bunch of violent, savage, xenophobes, with gods that praised the joys of merciless slaughter, so I made the jump. Instantly I was picked up by a couple of people who nurtured me in various ways and taught me so much about the game, and from meeting more and more people I was hooked. The mantra that every action, every victory, every success is part of something greater than yourself, and to see an organisation which was built around so many people each filling a role, rather than a small handful running everything.

Meanwhile I've been given the chance, and the tools to pursue my own projects, both personal and org wide, which have given me enjoyment in the game on a grand level. I don't know whether it's because people trust me with stuff or they're batshit mental and have no idea what could go wrong I'm unsure, but I love that the general responce is "Go for it, I look forward to seeing the results."

It's like being a scientist with a full lab, a blank cheque and access to every hazardous material known to man.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

It was so long ago I don't really remember. I think I just got my fill of Magnagora and decided to take the plunge somewhere else. Part of it was that I was notorious guildhopper at the time and I had tried all of the Mag guilds.

What kept me around is the amazing playerbase and the immersive, deep RP that Glomdoring has really cultivated over the years. The SDs have just been an immense pleasure to be a part of for so long, and it's still not getting stale. I was considering going to Gaudi  just for a change of PK pace, but I'll be damned if @Viravain didn't suck me back in. I guess that's really the general reason I've been around for almost 200 IC years, Glom just finds a new way to draw you in and keep you engaged. It's just a fantastic org to be a part of. 

For a very long time I always viewed Glomdoring as evil more than Magnagora. Magnagora is just more...thuggish. 
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I would agree that Glomdoring is way more "evil" in the OOC sense than Magnagora, just by virtue of being a commune rather than a city and because they sacrifice babbies.

Magnagora was just always rule by power, kick faces in if people get out of line, and rage. Glomdoring was all satanic worship and shit.
  • Maligorn said:
    I would agree that Glomdoring is way more "evil" in the OOC sense than Magnagora, just by virtue of being a commune rather than a city and because they sacrifice babbies.
    we could kill and eat it? yum yum carrion >.<
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• edited June 2014
    Maligorn said:

But let's look at this rationally: What are the chances that those babies would grow up to do anything more useful than serving as a sacrifice to bring back Night? Given the average life expectancy(I'm assuming, based on villager medicinal technology) of peasant children under five, I suspect that they don't even notice one baby stolen occasionally during the new moon- likely they lost several others that month, too. Why else would we be able to keep going back to that same village and none of them ever complain?

But OOC evil is subjective enough that any city/commune could be the "most evil" while still maintaining the intended roleplay. Zealots, collectivists, and radical environmentalists could equally justify questionable policies in pursuit of their own goals. It's easier to identify evil people than evil philosophies.

"Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited June 2014
    It's almost as if there is an entirely new baby every day! They must practically be killing themselves to die off and be replaced that quickly.

EDIT: Enya is kinda evil, but for different reasons than folks might suppose.
  • edited June 2014
    Realized this was off-topic. Sorry folks!
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    We're the Horde, you're the Alliance. Sucks to be you. S'all I'm sayin cause we FTH
  • Enyalida said:
    It's almost as if there is an entirely new baby every day! They must practically be killing themselves to die off and be replaced that quickly.

Peasants breed like rabbits.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • I am in Gaudi because the overall feeling is just right, I just love some of the people there and  because I really enjoy being in Yomoigu's  order.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Kethaera said:

Enyalida said:

Peasants breed like rabbits.

And they're always revolting, too.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Munsia said:
    We're the Horde, you're the Alliance. Sucks to be you. S'all I'm sayin cause we FTH
    I would actually argue it the other way around. Tauren society is much more like Serenwilde than anything in mag/glom/gaudi
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
    Parua said:
    Munsia said:
    I would actually argue it the other way around. Tauren society is much more like Serenwilde than anything in mag/glom/gaudi
    Definately not what I was talking about

Also, yay you got 1 race. You're also a lot closer to Night Elves than we are. Take Tauren, we don't need em.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    There weren't any playable dog people when I had a WoW account. :(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Munsia is suggesting, in Munsia's way, that the Northern Alliance suffers from a peculiar phenomenon whereby the "good guys" get a lesser quality of player, as observed in World of Warcraft. Which is of course terribly kind of her.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • edited June 2014
    Good dental plan. (Not really).

I like voodoo culture and African tribal customs, hence why I aimed Haezon at being a witch doctor type person. He'd use bones, wear creepy face paint and chalk and say nonsense to destroy his enemies. This was before I had to adapt him to fit into lusternia's base (No voodoo skillset here) and I thought it would fit best in Glomdoring. I like music, so Harbingers it was. Needless to say, it worked. Greatly.

Bit of a few odd days at the beginning, even had a different name. But Haezon was chosen, and he was a witch doctor. He had a violin covered in bones and carved from wood he found on the forest floor. Glomdoring just seemed to fit him, especially the tribal background there. Serenwilde has a tribal background too, but it's more about respecting ancient spirits, asking for help from the forest and harmony (My understanding at the time), whereas Glomdoring is darker and would allow something like voodoo or creepy magic that turns your skin inside out. I loved the tasks in the Harbingers, and completed them with gusto. I find Glomdoring's RP is my favourite, it works so well and helped shape my character a lot. Very inspiring.

Then he made a stage production, won prestige, and that sort of cemented the fact that, 'Wow, I have actually made a pretty awesome character. I'm going to keep him.'

(I made him a trill because I wanted him to fly and help with influencing thanks to high charisma, his massive ego came into play later when they started praising him and I decided to go with it. Plus, no racial RP involved with trill beyond being artsy).
    Retired.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Haezon said:
    Plus, no racial RP involved with trill beyond being artsy).
    This upset me, greatly.

Also I need to meet Haezon IG.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited June 2014
    Eritheyl said:
    Haezon said:
    Plus, no racial RP involved with trill beyond being artsy).
    This upset me, greatly.

Also I need to meet Haezon IG.
    They've met, although briefly.

I did ask about trill rp, but no one has ever told me anything about it which isn't to do with Hallifax (Mostly wanting him to join because he's a Trill). I'm also not happy there's no big/obvious role-play involved in trill (Unlike Taurians being matriarch based and Loboshigaru doing the classic 'pack' mentality, along with merian nobility). I have been to Icewynd but that seems to be mostly isolationist based (And being they worship Zenos, tad insane), and Clarramore, which is Lords and Ladys pseudo-political based. I did ask about trill rp, but no one has ever told me anything about it which isn't to do with Hallifax. I've had to improvise with 'big ego romantic' and worshipping Trillillial. Where Hallifax is concerned, he has his own opinions on it I came up with, with Haezon not wanting to join ever despite being part of a founding race. He likes the city's appearance though.
    Retired.