FFA - Jun 5th

RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
I dunno! I feel this forum needs more logs. 1v1 and FFAs are not generally my thing since I like team fights a lot more, but here you go. This one isn't much, but it's something! Here's a small free for all that happened this morning: 

Note when reading: I spam a lot! Sorry if that affects readability.

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Focusing on his head, you strike at Taevyn with an ancient loboshigaru bardiche of flowering golden lotuses, but your job hits his powerful aura and rebounds back into you.

"...your job hits his powerful aura..."

God damn, I want that job-rebounding aura.

Also, I was chuckling at the end of that log. Goddamn warrior RNG. You landed a tendon on a no-wounds left leg with a cleave, and then managed to consecutively get only arteries on a heavy-wounds left leg thrice immediately following that. Wow, man. Talk about messed up luck.

You shouldn't use hadrudin against Caerlyr (or other wiccans). Unhidden disloyalty is near to useless. If you really need disloyalty, charybdon has a higher chance of disrupting their ent attacks than hadrudin over the course of a long fight. I'd suggest dulak or niricol on your normal attacks, and mantakaya on your hefted sunder/pound/smite/swing etc.

Speaking of hefting. God damn, that is one overpowered ability. Also, obstruct, recover and guard are epic for keeping wound momentum up. There's no real way to mitigate a cavalier's wound output over time. You get wound even when you attack, sheesh, and the burst from a hefted sunder is... daunting, to say the least.

Edit: god damn forums formatting.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Isn't Heretic actually cured by focus spirit, not focus mind?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    It's cured by nothing now, I believe.
  • Celina said:
    It's cured by nothing now, I believe.
    This is correct. Just passage of time, shorter length of time if you're away from the one who stuck it on you. @Shaddus, was also Infidel that -could- be cured, not Heretic. Both fade the aforementioned way.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited June 2014

Lerad said:

You shouldn't use hadrudin against Caerlyr (or other wiccans). Unhidden disloyalty is near to useless. If you really need disloyalty, charybdon has a higher chance of disrupting their ent attacks than hadrudin over the course of a long fight. I'd suggest dulak or niricol on your normal attacks, and mantakaya on your hefted sunder/pound/smite/swing etc.

Yeah, I think it might only be useful in groups or if hidden. Maybe I will play around with charybdon a bit more and see how that plays out. It's an iffy chance to get the poison you need, but it might turn out better.

Shaddus said:
    Isn't Heretic actually cured by focus spirit, not focus mind?
    I think the inquisition chain has no cure now and focus spirit just hides when your eyes glow (I think). I focus mind just to cure the hidden aff from heretic.

Edit: Sorry, I don't know how to fix the quote boxes :(!
    Edit2: It seems I did somehow.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I think it's so stupid it's cured by nothing anymore. You shouldn't be able to force people 50 times better than you into running by mashing the inquisition button. If there was a good celestine champ around playing a merian or a wump, they could faceroll anyone.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Any skill that forces you to run away to cure it is just silly and should've been changed a long time ago (yes, phantomspheres and octave too).
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    My issue with it is mostly that the focus spirit cure doesn't really do anything. Spamming the spells doesn't consume balance if their auras aren't open, so you could essentially just keep pressing the button, with no need to time it right. So it really does become a run-or-die kind of thing.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Doesn't help that there's zero drawback to them just spamming the button when they chase you (or at all IIRC) no power loss/eq loss if they aren't in the same room.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I submitted an envoy report to improve FocusSpirit years ago. It got player support (because it completely sucks as a trans skill now), but the admins shot it down (because they want it to be a huge risk of a mana kill and not a powerful healing ability).

• The job thing has been typo'd for ages. I wish they'd fix it, because I need to manually raze because I can't into coding  becasue the text is job instead of jab. =/
    Thanks for pointing that out. It seems like it's more than that. The line is truncated entirely, not showing what affliction you gave yourself. After the "but your strike hits his powerful aura and rebounds into you.", it's supposed to follow up with that. Messed up bug...
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    focus spirit does not cure the glow anymore either,  no. It use to, it doesn't any longer. We use to do it all the time back in the day. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited June 2014
    Why is it you can spam Inquichain at no cost unless it hits, but Harmony's almost useless instakill not only costs five power even if it doesn't go through (for reference, this is like judgment or decap costing 5 power even if it hits a shield or rebounding), but it costs no balance/equi to use. so if I use it and accidently hit my alias twice, I'm out ten power even if it doesn't proc
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    For the sake of accuracy, it should be said that the inquisition skills do eat mana to try, even when they fail.
  • Probably not the best place to add to a discussion about Harmony insta, but technically, the Harmony insta is not entirely useless. Of course, harmony users have no real way to do ego damage besides the pathetic ego attack in harmony. And in a group, it's almost always faster to go pure damage than to try and juggle out that insta, especially since monk damage modifiers are so easy to proc in a group. But still, the Shofangi at least can put out a lot of pressure on both health and mana with their bleeds.

The not costing bal/eq thing though, certainly is icky. It should cost bal/eq, and require it as well.

• everybody has a way to cause ego damage, no? Can't they just debate?
    edited June 2014
    I think ego is rarely gone after since the change to only require 2 of the three stats. Shonfagi and Tahtetso can both pull it off, and the nice thing about the harmony insta, is you can move while it's counting down.
    Belibi said:
    everybody has a way to cause ego damage, no? Can't they just debate?
    Not anymore, can't debate if you lose masochism.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Rivius said:
    I think ego is rarely gone after since the change to only require 2 of the three stats. Shonfagi and Tahtetso can both pull it off, and the nice thing about the harmony insta, is you can move while it's counting down.
    Is this for real? That's awesome! Need to see more Harmony instas pulled off, then.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yes, it's a very good killer, especially for the Shofangi.
    Shofangi are the only ones likely to use it, the Tahtetso don't really need a second easy to pull off insta.