Shofangi Lore (Everybody Keeps Saying We Haven't Got Any)

Comments

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited June 2014
    Literally, they hook their blades into your ribs and you can't do anything about it because of steelgrip. And the rend them out, opening the opponent's chest in a bloody froth and they do it again until you bleed out or die from double ibululu.

Still a huge supporter of berserker/barbarian (DnD style) RP.

• It's actually reminding me of a priestly sect that I developed for a campaign once. The dm decided there was one god but many sects, so I had a chaotic evil priest who believed he was at least lawful neutral if not lawful good.

The sect took... appropriate children at birth and raised them to believe that they were instruments of god, manipulated by the government through specific conditioning to keep them tame and under control. 
    i.e daily prayers at a certain shrine when not on a "holy mission", with the shrine set up with a host of concealed mechanical and magical tools to falsely create visions and miracles to show the priests their target. (Think the wizard of oz but they never see behind the curtain) 
    The whole order is firmly under the control of the government, none of them have any concept that everything about their faith is manufactured to create faith based killing machines.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maligorn said:

Literally, they hook their blades into your ribs and you can't do anything about it because of steelgrip. And the rend them out, opening the opponent's chest in a bloody froth and they do it again until you bleed out or die from double ibululu.

Steel grip doesn't keep you from writhing, it keeps the grapple from missing.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited June 2014
    1) we focus on gaining enlightenment by using harmony and through the practical application of wisdom. I.e you act, therefore you think. We are a school of practical wisdom and we -make- it part of our official lore.  Much like how it is the duty of the Moondancers to guard the fae, the serenguard the forest defenses, the hartstone the physical forest on prime etc. The Kui teaches that it is your -duty- as one of the Kui to become one or all of the three and to defend the kephera of course. To be 'perfect'. 

Yes, it is boring as heck, but it will serve us well for now, until we gain a greater understanding of ourselves. there's room for expansion (refer to points 2 and 3). 

I envision the Kui to be Forest+Kephera + something else. (Will see what happens)

2) yes, every guild does teach its lore to its own. However, the Kusi-Gojei system is akin to an apprentice/master with overtones of a lord/vassal relationship, of the old. When you enter into a relationship with another person who agrees to be your Kusi, you're effectively swearing obedience, fealty and loyalty to that person. In return this person is supposed to care for your physical, mental and spiritual well being. No romantic relationships are allowed. No sexing. No inappropriate conduct. It's a forever thing. Ideally it should be recorded on the books so we know who is bonded to whom. 

It also affects your social standing within the Kui and how much influence you can will. Perform well, you and your Kusi name will rise. Tank and it'll drop. It's a game of favor and influence. See, Like a master and the his samurai. 

The difference between the Kui and the other guilds is that it's part of our culture. Endorsed and taught. . 

3) We're have traditionally been a rather independent lot used to doing our own thing. We don't actually have -laws- per se, barring a few. Tradition and custom tends to have the force of law in the Kui. Unless the Terigun (guild leadership) objects outright. This gives individual members a great deal of leeway in all manner of things because as long as you don't do anything too stupid or cross the lines blalantly (listed in the conduct scroll) no one will object.

Now combine this with the Kusi-Gojei system, where it's custom NOT to interfere with the teaching of another's Gojei. As long as you stick to the basic framework (and it depends a lot on the current Terigun,) of harmony and allegiance to the kephera. You can take your RP in all sorts of interesting directions.

See, say you develop your character into a berserker type. Now you take on a protege. You teach that protege (who -must- follow what you teach) your berserker ways. You're very careful not to step outside the bounds of harmony and you ensure that you and your protege behave well. The terigun cannot do a thing even though they dislike it. And then -your- Protege (gojei) becomes a Mentor (Kusi) and passes down the berserker ways and so on and so forth. Eventually you have a berserker cult in the Kui. 

Same thing for the samoan vibe thing. (It would be seen as hideously deviant by some of the terigun though) Everything has to make sense. That is all.

4)See, the Rp the Shofangi is going through at the moment or needs is "who are we, what do we do" and has been played out in a very quiet manner. So your character can be part of that RP.

(heck it's the biggest reason why I play xeria)

The Shofangi need to be taken back to the drawing board by the admin and the current players to have it's backstory fully worked out and put in place through an event or gradual RP. Etc. Until then this is what we have. 

See part of the reason why our lore as it is, is so boring and standard, is to keep it open ended while making use of the information we -do- have, to allow the -players- to develop the shofangi through playing and their RP. The other part is, as I've stated, we're making do until otherwise. 

So for those who want a -berserker- type character. that's possible and permissible. It's just not part of the standard lore for the reasons I've mentioned. Not everyone will want to play a character with berserker tendancies. You can teach it, develop it into a sub-sect of shofangi and so on but above all, you must remain loyal to the Kui and the forest. You can campaign for it to be accepted as ONE part of the lore, but it is NOT all of it. Just make sure you leave records of it in the library so that it survives longer than your character.

5)We need the mechanics of government. what we have now is a way to make something that fits in with what we have. 

is dead like the dodo
  • Xeria said:
    1) we focus on gaining enlightenment by using harmony and through the practical application of wisdom. I.e you act, therefore you think. We are a school of practical wisdom and we -make- it part of our official lore.  Much like how it is the duty of the Moondancers to guard the fae, the serenguard the forest defenses, the hartstone the physical forest on prime etc. The Kui teaches that it is your -duty- as one of the Kui to become one or all of the three and to defend the kephera of course. To be 'perfect'. 

Yes, it is boring as heck, but it will serve us well for now, until we gain a greater understanding of ourselves. there's room for expansion (refer to points 2 and 3). 

I envision the Kui to be Forest+Kephera + something else. (Will see what happens)

2) yes, every guild does teach its lore to its own. However, the Kusi-Gojei system is akin to an apprentice/master with overtones of a lord/vassal relationship, of the old. When you enter into a relationship with another person who agrees to be your Kusi, you're effectively swearing obedience, fealty and loyalty to that person. In return this person is supposed to care for your physical, mental and spiritual well being. No romantic relationships are allowed. No sexing. No inappropriate conduct. It's a forever thing. Ideally it should be recorded on the books so we know who is bonded to whom. 

It also affects your social standing within the Kui and how much influence you can will. Perform well, you and your Kusi name will rise. Tank and it'll drop. It's a game of favor and influence. See, Like a master and the his samurai. 

The difference between the Kui and the other guilds is that it's part of our culture. Endorsed and taught. . 

3) We're have traditionally been a rather independent lot used to doing our own thing. We don't actually have -laws- per se, barring a few. Tradition and custom tends to have the force of law in the Kui. Unless the Terigun (guild leadership) objects outright. This gives individual members a great deal of leeway in all manner of things because as long as you don't do anything too stupid or cross the lines blalantly (listed in the conduct scroll) no one will object.

Now combine this with the Kusi-Gojei system, where it's custom NOT to interfere with the teaching of another's Gojei. As long as you stick to the basic framework (and it depends a lot on the current Terigun,) of harmony and allegiance to the kephera. You can take your RP in all sorts of interesting directions.

See, say you develop your character into a berserker type. Now you take on a protege. You teach that protege (who -must- follow what you teach) your berserker ways. You're very careful not to step outside the bounds of harmony and you ensure that you and your protege behave well. The terigun cannot do a thing even though they dislike it. And then -your- Protege (gojei) becomes a Mentor (Kusi) and passes down the berserker ways and so on and so forth. Eventually you have a berserker cult in the Kui. 

Same thing for the samoan vibe thing. (It would be seen as hideously deviant by some of the terigun though) Everything has to make sense. That is all.

4)See, the Rp the Shofangi is going through at the moment or needs is "who are we, what do we do" and has been played out in a very quiet manner. So your character can be part of that RP.

(heck it's the biggest reason why I play xeria)

The Shofangi need to be taken back to the drawing board by the admin and the current players to have it's backstory fully worked out and put in place through an event or gradual RP. Etc. Until then this is what we have. 

See part of the reason why our lore as it is, is so boring and standard, is to keep it open ended while making use of the information we -do- have, to allow the -players- to develop the shofangi through playing and their RP. The other part is, as I've stated, we're making do until otherwise. 

So for those who want a -berserker- type character. that's possible and permissible. It's just not part of the standard lore for the reasons I've mentioned. Not everyone will want to play a character with berserker tendancies. You can teach it, develop it into a sub-sect of shofangi and so on but above all, you must remain loyal to the Kui and the forest. You can campaign for it to be accepted as ONE part of the lore, but it is NOT all of it. Just make sure you leave records of it in the library so that it survives longer than your character.

5)We need the mechanics of government. what we have now is a way to make something that fits in with what we have. 

1. Like... I really don't want to but... I feel like your description cliff notes down to "It's our job to do everyone else's job".
    That's pretty bad, it's also a duty of the Druids to tend the forest (rply) in ways that are beyond the comprehension or capacity of those outside the grove, we don't just guard the forest we tend it, we help it to grow, through the powers of the fae we help to protect it (in rp). The bond the druids have with the forest is deeper than any other mortal in it and I expect if other guilds heard that this was what the Shofangi viewed as their duty there would be endless lectures.

It may just be me, but I'd be suggesting dropping that idea completely. 

2. It would be interesting to see if you could get it to work, but it's the sort of thing that small guilds will have great difficulty in maintaining, especially if people are still hopping around guilds. (Consider any older character, especially experienced and notable characters joining such a concept) There's also the issue of tying someone'sgame experience to someone else. I remember who performed my very first Moondancer tests because... they're my mentor because someone decided you needed a mentor, I've barely ever seen them, barely interacted with them even back then, I played the game with the people that were around me. 

3. The issue I think here is that... what's the unifying culture? 
    What happens if I decide to rock up with some snuggle bunny alt, find someone to take me through and then take on students who I teach the sacred art of snuggle-fu. Of course, that's taking major advantage of the system. But i guess the question is, is it about how you do things or is it about why?

Sort of segueing into 4 here. but I just, I guess I see a lot of culture. A lot of decisions have been made on how you do things, and... somewhat... what you aim to do. But I feel like the biggest question I have is "why?" which is kinda the heart of the roleplay. Like, you can create all the systems you like, you can come up with the most fantastic names imaginable that require a glossary to even consider doing anything in relation to the guild... but why have you done that?

One of the reasons the Berserker concept probably keeps coming up here is that... it's actually the least effort for you. It's already present in your guild unique skill, it's a thing. It's a concept that dates back to before the guild was even created, it reinforces a very core... fact about the guild... you're outsiders. Your ways are strange and different to Serenwilde, you follow a spirit who is related to our forest but is not truly actually part of it. You actually speak a language that... let's be honest, will cause a large number of Serenwilders to just blink at you when you talk to them, and you can play up the difficulty in translating such concepts to a different language. 

As I've said previously, all of the things that you raise here about the clan and the teacher/student relationship are very tradition based values, they can very easily play into a control method. You don't have rage because that's what someone taught you, the entire clan is a machine dedicated to raising students, teaching them to unleash and direct their fury. All of the traditions, everything you've built, ultimately being to maintain control as you try to bring that out of your students.

This also then feeds into a relationship with Serenwilde, Hartstone are the tenders of the physical forest (that's more far reaching than you think), the Serenguard are the defenders, the Moondancers look after the fae, the Spiritsingers do... their thing..., and the Shofangi become this group of outsiders potentially slightly dangerous but they're a gift from the Kephera. Their school has crafted mortals into weapons for the forest, weapons to lead the charge in reclaiming the outside world for nature, the rage that the Kephera learned to instill in their students is now caused by the atrocities committed by outsiders, the rampant destruction of nature. 

I'd expect the Hartstone to welcome this, not sure about the rest but it could bring a nice balance among the forest depending on how things work out. You could even work towards taking a primary role amongst the combatants, perhaps vying for some form of process where the shofangi are "in charge" to some degree when it comes to aggressive fights as opposed to just defending the forest. "Oh, non-peaced revolt, look at that Shofangi marching in and taking charge", "Oh look, aether... wow the Shofangi have already organised people", etc. You may even find that people who are attracted to that sort of game and culture might start joining the guild even if they retain their original class because they want to be part of that.

But ultimately, until you work out why it is the shofangi do the things you do, you're potentially just doing things because "that's what monks do" as opposed to "that's what the shofangi do" and if you get really caught up in the culture that you're trying to develop you might have issues incorporating that important "why?"
    Shaddus said:

Steel grip doesn't keep you from writhing, it keeps the grapple from missing.
    I'm aware. The image is still pretty brutal though.

• edited June 2014
    Something that would be really awesome, in my opinion, would be to release the new vision of the Shofangi in conjunction with a Divine.  Ie. Malik.  This way it could be less dependent on Garden events and more on something that is within the history and already established.  Malik is referenced as a loner of the 2nd Circle.   Really leaves a lot up to the playerbase and anyone that later decides to take on the mantle of Malik.
  • Not an Elder, the guild would be tied to them pretty significantly. Orders are built around the identity of a god, they tend to fall apart when they aren't around. A guild based on that would be incredibly fragile. 
  • Doesn't have to directly be attached, @Saran.  Was just pointing out another source of influence other than Totems.
  • I don't think it would really matter, plus there is a massive variety of possible concepts that can exist without the need for an elder to be credited with anything. 

The other games this works to some degree, like... in MKO Lims-Kragma is the Goddess of Death, that is her domain and she has absolute control over it. So it makes sense that most things to do with death eventually circle back to her. 

It's kinda different when there is a host of Warrior gods out there that could each equally serve as a mentor to the Shofangi, and that's before you get into the Meditators or Leaders. Cause like... then there's a host of people that can jump in to influence the guild.
  • edited June 2014
    1) You misunderstand me here.

We are a school of practical wisdom =We do what we must = We should train ourselves to be the support system.

We don't trouble ourselves with stuff we can't do. Like carving totems or protecting the fae like the moondancers. We do what we can to help, in ways that fit our individual personalities and talents. 

We simply pay attention and fill in the gaps.

E.g Piloting an aethercraft for domoth fights. Combatants - check. 

Non-coms. Becoming an artist. Making sure that there are resources so that people can write stuff to win prestige. Culture. Running plays. Etc. Village revolts.

Like I said, we're different because we make this type of practical stuff part of our official lore. Other guilds have other concerns and they do these things as -part- of their mission. For us, it is our purpose.

It's an important but subtle distinction.

It's not as dramatic as having say an evil sorceress locked away in a magnolia lock and so on, but it does offer scope for exploration -because- of its simplicity. A character may become dissatisfied with the purpose and attempt to seek greater meaning but in the end find that it doesn't matter because its in the things that you do everyday that gives life meaning.

or visa versa.

(am I the only one who sees this?)

So if you want to change this. Play a shofangi. Roleplay it properly. go through the system. 

Like I've said, it's not perfect but it will serve us well until a change happens. 

2)True. We don't encourage people to form a Kusi bond until they are well past their Novitiate stage.

3) Unifying culture = Kepheran Philosophy of harmony + duties to the undervault and the forest. Tradition based values of which the Kusi-Gojei system is a large part.  That's how our traditions and our purpose gets passed down.  Everything else inbetween can be developed as the player wishes as long as it remains within the bounds of propriety. (Kepheran philosophy of harmony + No snuggling/cuddlesexing/sexing your kusi or gojei)

Kepheran philosophy of harmony encourages us the develop all three strengths equally. 

heart =wisdom, patience, empathy, listening.experience, leadership (people skills)
    Mind = knowledge, intelligence, logic, creativity (mental pursuits)
    body = combat, physical stuff. (Hitting stuff with other stuff)

When we do so, we may move on the the development of the spirit where we utilize all three strengths we've developed in service to the Kui and the forest.

4) Double no. 

Yes, it is easy but it also directly contradicts harmony. Encouraging people to become conan-the-barbarian type bull berserkers only encourages students to develop one type of strength to the exclusion of everything else

(yes, I can hear people say "but but you can become a cultured barbarian" yes that is what you would be if we detach "fury" from anger )

hence, like I said while it is permissible for those who want to play it and it has been done, it cannot be the entire purpose of the shofangi. 

-----------------------------------

5) agreed. No god-cult.

------------------------

is dead like the dodo
  • Just to note, while the Harmony skillset, its name especially, does indeed go against the concept of berserking, berserking as a role is not by any means limited only to combatants. It's entirely possible to take the concept and make it about the channeling of emotions rather than about actual combat, because... berserking isn't just about swinging a weapon. It's a state of mind.

I don't think any guild has "be of practical use to your org" as a part of their mission. "Be of practical use to your org", ie being a combatant, or artist, or teacher, or whatever else, is part of being a player. Not a part of your character. To "advocate" it as part of a Guild's identity is not "wrong" per se, it's just... lack lustre because that's what every player does anyway - try to be able to do something, any one thing, good.

• edited June 2014
    @lerad that's what I've been saying. just in another shade. We channel emotions into a focused stated of concentration from which we do our best work. We channel them into concentration on sharpening our mind for psychometabolism and so on. 

@saran means, from my understanding is that we should make it about physical fury, based on the skill of shofangi. 

@lerad, the second part of what you said is true, but like I've said, until something happens and we as an organization Roleplay out a shift. This will stand and serve us well.

On an individual level, this means that you'll be encouraged to start by focusing on -one- thing and then to shape your character around it. Later we (if everything is running as it should) will encourage you to master the other things. bit by bit.

Right now, we're all a little busy with politics and setting up the mechanics of government. Arguing over tradition and culture and so on and so forth.
    is dead like the dodo
  • @Lerad has it quite right.

Again with 3 I come again to "Why?". Like... seriously for the the Hartstone. The Buck is your version of "body", the Stag is your "mind", the Doe is your "heart", the foal is the child within, the White Hart is all four in balance. Of course there is far more to them but it's the common three
    On top of that you have the stones. The past shows our connection to everything that has come before(historic scholarship), the Moon our connection to the forest(community service), the future teaches us to act today for the unknowable days ahead(teaching the young), the present is our connection to each other as Hartstone (services to the guild), the before-time shows the mysterious connection that binds us to everything all the way back to yudhe(philosophy and the like), and the Broken stone shows us our severed connection to the other communes (combat). 

This is a massive cliff notes, for example the Broken Stone is sometimes thought of as the combatant's stone but that's wrong, it is a stone of sorrow, it shows what has been lost, it is shattered and broken, we must protect the remnants and try to build it up again, it is a stone of hope.

But lets look at say... the Moondancers, again you have the three options that you can generalise roughly into the paths of fighting, studying, and socialising. I think the Celestines break down into something similar, though with a five way divide.

I was discussing things like this with Eventru once ages ago when I was Keeper and trying to build up such systems for the Hartstone. I was stressing myself out over everything and ultimately we came to the agreement that... secretly... no one actually wants to have to follow these systems, sure they like that they exist and some people follow through with them but they're not really necessary either.

You want people to develop these three strengths, which are expressed in pretty much every guild I can remember ever being in with the exception of the Midkemian ones. 

But why does your guild want people to develop these strengths? What is the philosophy of harmony beyond developing them? Why is this an appropriate thing for a Serenwilde guild or are you just an outpost for the Kepheran hives?
    You have it much harder than other guilds, the other guilds of Serenwilde can often happily rest just on being irreplaceable facts. 

Your statements about Harmony, about the way proper way to do things, and the like... it's really starting to sound like you have let the decisions about how you will do things get in the way of why.

Like... it's to the point where it seems best to scrap the whole thing for now and focus on coming up with your raison d'être because that will inform the rest of your decisions about your rp and how you should be doing things, cause right now... well it kinda seems like someone could rock up and start teaching the Shofangi the path of the Stag, and then someone could teach a different school based on Moon, and then someone could rock up to teach them the path of the light.
  • The other comment that I have I guess is that... well... most of the pages that I've written on the stones, the half hour lecture that I gave once... it's all stuff that I made up. Like... I just kinda sit there and say things and then people are like "aaaah, I think I get it" and I'm like "cool". Like... the stuff I wrote about the broken stone... mostly stuff that I made up and stuff that I got from talking with other people.

Like... stop talking about how you do things, seriously... sit down, think about why you do them. Talk about what the kephera taught you in terms of abilities, how the concepts of harmony and the brutality of shofangi come together in your school. Your school which was carved from stone, the physically strongest element, and (from memory) your entrance was left sharp and dangerous, I believe I left it as a precarious slippery path way. Fluff is already coming to mind about how you could reinterpret the silly designs of mine into teachings.
  • I suppose I am also of the opinion that, with lessening of the requirement to have the same class as your guild, some guilds should move towards specialisation in an aspect of rp. 

The Hartstone, for example, serve as a grove dedicated to spreading the teachings of the White Hart, and with the Moondancers they form the cultural backbone of Serenwilde. There should be an interplay between the guilds where the Hartstone and Moondancers take on the role of teaching this to all of the guilds rather than just their own. I feel the Serenguard could take leadership of the defenses of the forest and their vigilance in protecting it from internal threats as well. Perhaps working with the Shofangi to teach everyone how to fight and defend the forest. And I guess the Spiritsingers might flow more towards the story tellers, the artists, where everyone else has very sombre work perhaps they bring lightness and joy to the forest?

Over time the guilds would become known as "the place" for certain characters, if someone wanted to join Serenwilde as a druid but they were too focused on combat, the Hartstone could just say "We will let you study our skills, however we feel that you would serve the forest better in the Shofangi or the Serenguard"
    This. So much, this.

Shofangi might also come up with learning lines for Shofangi and submit them.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Don't be afraid of doing this! As embarrassing as this is to admit, some of us admin haven't read a learning line in several RL years. Your patron will probably love you for it, and at worst, just tweak what you've written.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Shaddus said:
    This. So much, this. Shofangi might also come up with learning lines for Shofangi and submit them.
    BUT THERE IS SO MUCH MYSTIQUE; SO MUCH MYSTERY IN THE X SEGMENT OF SOANDSO SKILL.   8->
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Some day one of you will figure out the hidden meanings behind those "placeholder" messages and your heads will explode.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Oh crud, Shamanism still doesn't have lines either. Or Wildewood.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Spellcraft didn't either, last time I looked. I meant to do something about it but shiny things distract me.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Enyalida said:
    Oh crud, Shamanism still doesn't have lines either. Or Wildewood.
    Wyrdenwood will really just chop the wyrdenwood transformation line to 5 chunks. Voila! Learning messages!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

I would go so far as to suggest the shofangi bring it IC. Hold a contest for guild members to "suggest a rehearsed set of speaking points for us to talk about when teaching another shofangi, as well as coming up with questions one might ask during learning".... Or something like that. People aren't stupid, they'll know what you're looking for.
    Isune said:
    Shaddus said:
    Don't be afraid of doing this! As embarrassing as this is to admit, some of us admin haven't read a learning line in several RL years. Your patron will probably love you for it, and at worst, just tweak what you've written.
    You're telling me you can just talk to your patron about learning line messages? Or do you need to push it elsewhere?

If a skillset doesn't have learning messages, you can chat with your patron icly about it, you might email them (explaining who you are, of course) with a suggested set of lines, or you might even email Ieptix about it, if he has the time.
  • Maligorn said:
    Isune said:
    Shaddus said:
    You're telling me you can just talk to your patron about learning line messages? Or do you need to push it elsewhere?
    A GM can definitely talk to their patron about this, yes.
  • Just now eventually getting to this. I don't use the forums.
    Saran said:
    Your school which was carved from stone, the physically strongest element, and (from memory) your entrance was left sharp and dangerous, I believe I left it as a precarious slippery path way. Fluff is already coming to mind about how you could reinterpret the silly designs of mine into teachings.
    Our entrance is a magic rainbow that only lets you in if you promise to be true. No explaination for why, no question. Things are being looked at.

We do have lore, history, etc etc. I'm being slow at formalising it all, it's all good.
  • edited January 2015
    I'm sorry, I read the first paragraph of that GHELP description and then got bored with it and stopped reading. It makes very little sense, is messy, and seems to have several repetitions with no real information about them. "We are kui" "we are the kui" "we kui". You can say it as many times as you like, but you arent really making any sense or relation here.

Maybe later i'll go back to try and finish it, but for now, it feels as if there is alot of confusion emitting from the text alone, and any novice or player can pick up on that.

Lastly, Im sensing an attempt to connect the guild mainly with Harmony. I would suggest going in the direction of Bull and how that bond came. Nekotai have a delicious story and lore there of how they gained the scorpion arts and live up to that code, i'd suggest finding your similar roots.