What are you playing?

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited January 2017
    Shuyin said:
    Currently into point and click adventure games. Give me some of those.
    Did you ever play Loom? I enjoyed that one.

Except for the part where, my first time through, I got to the very end and realized I missed a draft that I couldn't get anymore, and had to restart the entire game. That part sucked. But that's the unforgiving nature of older games, for you.
  • Everiine said:
    Shuyin said:
    Currently into point and click adventure games. Give me some of those.
    Myst
    Riven: The Sequel to Myst
    Myst III: Exile
    Myst IV: Revelation
    Myst V: End of Ages (not as good)

Journeyman Project
    Journeyman Project 2: Buried in Time
    Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time (best of the three)

Zork: Grand Inquisitor

Dark Fall: The Journal

Shivers

Lighthouse: The Dark Being

Atlantis: The Lost Tales
    Beyond Atlantis (Atlantis II)
    Starship Titanic

Myst Online: Uru Live (not point and click, but part of the Myst series)
    Obduction (not really point and click, but the spiritual successor to the Myst series)

---

I may have played a lot of adventure games. This doesn't even include the ones I didn't finish or didn't like: Lightbringer, Schism, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Aura: Dawn of Ages, Rhem 3, the Crystal Key, maybe a few others.
    Also Black Mirror 1-3!  Creepy but awesome.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Never heard of that one! I'll look them up.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I've gotten into Stellaris again recently. It seems they've fixed the stuttering issues that happened in the mid-game I so I can actually progress now. It's got me hankering to try some more Civ games though.

Anybody got some suggestions of some for somebody that's only played Stellaris?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Trying out Sword Art Online, or something like that. Android game, kinda catchy.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • The japanese anime industry has been coming enmasse to the android platform. There are good ones... and not so good ones. Fate/Grand Order is pretty good, though.

• Well, finished Final Fantasy 15 today, on to Fallout 4.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited January 2017
    Hoarding Simulator (Fallout 4) is very addicting.

I built a whole city for no reason. There's no mechanical benefit, but I am the mayor of a shanty town. For reasons.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Lehki said:
    I've gotten into Stellaris again recently. It seems they've fixed the stuttering issues that happened in the mid-game I so I can actually progress now. It's got me hankering to try some more Civ games though.

Anybody got some suggestions of some for somebody that's only played Stellaris?
    I haven't tried Stellaris, but if you enjoy the space aesthetics, I would recommend two Civ games. Civ IV which is in my opinion the best Civ game. It also comes with several mods, including a mod that transforms it into a space X4, and another mod that transforms it into a Tolkien Fantasy X4. Both of them quite good IMHO.

The second game I'll recommend is Cid Meier's Alpha Centauri. While the game's layout is somewhat difficult to understand at first, it's well worth it to push past the aged layout. Cause once you get past that, you enter perhaps the finest sci-fi world ever written. SMAC isn't just a game. It's an experience that's well worth trying out.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Dylara said:
    Well, finished Final Fantasy 15 today, on to Fallout 4.
    But...how much of it did you finish? Did you get all of the special weapons ? All the side quests? 

I didn't even ride a chocobo until new game +
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Dylara said:
    Well, finished Final Fantasy 15 today, on to Fallout 4.
    But...how much of it did you finish? Did you get all of the special weapons ? All the side quests? 

I didn't even ride a chocobo until new game +
    I got all but one of the royal weapons, Castlemark is just such a PIA. I didn't complete all the side quests, or get any of the special/secret/legendary weapons (because I missed a lot of them? I guess?). I plan on replaying, and actually did start a new game this morning. I may keep playing it, or take a break and switch over to Fallout 4 and then go back. I ride chocobos all the time, so happy New Game+ lets you keep your whistle and you can rent chocobos from the get go, makes those first couple chapters so much nicer. 

I also hilariously did not figure out combat really until about chapter 10, during the big battle where you had to use warp strikes. That was pretty rough, this new game should be so much easier for various different reasons.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• When your enemy didn't invest enough time into drilling their men and loses the day because of it.
    A good heavy cavalry charge right into their middle flank feels good! 

• Finally gave in despite the (mostly) unwarranted ban I got in WoW; bought a new account. Convinced a friend to endure the 'pain' of playing with me, and level some chars with me.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I am attempting the @Aramel approach to my Castilian playthrough of CK2. I am a former-count of Zamora now-king of Leon (ty Seniority succession), now his daughter, the queen of Leon (thanks to primogeniture) who is married to her distant cousin, the King of Navarra, who also has primogeniture.

This is all well and good except the Black Death just ravaged our continent and killed off a ton of people. So my population took a massive hit, and my levies took a hit with it.

And with my armies weakened, and my cowardly husband refusing to officially form an alliance with me, the Kingdom of Castile is pressing a weak claim on Leon because of my feminine sensibilities.

Halp. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I've gone full retro, firing up DOSBox to play some games I didn't even know were abandonware now.

Apparently that includes the first two Elder Scrolls! Or the five star general games, which I've always been terrible at but were always fun. 

Suggestions about other DOS classics welcome. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • DOSbox gets used exclusively for Shattered Lands and Wake of the Ravager in my house. 2e D&D darksun rpg/tactics.
    I am proud to say that Neverwinter Nights forced me to subvert the "hoard lots of potions and powerful items just in case I need them but never actually use them" trope. After being squashed to a bug smear in seconds in the final battle, I realized I'd been holding onto 20+ of 8 different potions, just in case.

My whole game life prepared me for this moment. UNCORK THE POTIONS.

Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Lerad said:
    I am so badly tempted by this but I know what a dickish cashgrab mobile app games can be (Looking at you Final Fantasy Record Keeper)

Just transferred all my Gen 3 > Gen 5 Pokémon into Moon. Fear my grimdark team of psychic slaughtering, victim only to fighters and fairies.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Karlach said:

Just transferred all my Gen 3 > Gen 5 Pokémon into Moon. Fear my grimdark team of psychic slaughtering, victim only to fighters and fairies.
    Totally unnecessary. Alola's already so full of dark, ghost, and bug types that the psychics were left in tears long ago (It's always great to see the old minions move into 3D though).
    Vivet said:
    Karlach said:

Totally unnecessary. Alola's already so full of dark, ghost, and bug types that the psychics were left in tears long ago (It's always great to see the old minions move into 3D though).
    Yeah but those level 100s with perfect IVs...

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Karlach said:
    I really ought to farm more bottle caps myself.
  • I'm going to leave a plug here for Pit People (early access). Single player or coop (or pvp) squad tactics combat, capture new fighters to fight on your side in an entertainingly written (but totally not serious) game. Think Magica meets X-Com. 
    Vivet said:
    Karlach said:
    I really ought to farm more bottle caps myself.
    Yeah, can grab them from my local Game store this month.

Bought Armello because my friend is raving about it and, "You are totally going to love playing the rat, I feel it."

Why am I already 100% sure she is right. xD
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Karlach said:
    Lerad said:
    I am so badly tempted by this but I know what a dickish cashgrab mobile app games can be (Looking at you Final Fantasy Record Keeper)

I just dropped a hundred bucks into it... T_T

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Sylandra said:
    Bought Armello because my friend is raving about it and, "You are totally going to love playing the rat, I feel it."

Paging @Kiradawea and @Yarith. Time to set up a 4p Lusternian game!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Daraius said:
    Sylandra said:

Paging @Kiradawea and @Yarith. Time to set up a 4p Lusternian game!
    Hah. I'm super enjoying playing Amber atm! Ranking up prestige wins~
    Daraius said:
  • @Daraius My steam name is Skilvrel. HMU
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Playing Mass Effect (Remastered) for the first time ever. I go back and forth between "This game is awesome, another piece of BioWare gold!" and "WHO DESIGNED THE MAKO I WILL FIND YOU AND I WILL END YOU."