What are you playing?

Comments

• I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Lately a friend has hooked me to avorion ( http:://avorion.net ), which is, despite my usual scepticism about spaceship games ( only other one I loved was X3 ), but it got me hooked despite it's half-finished state ( early access ). The ability to build your own spaceship is really drawing and there always something happening in most sectors you visit, from a giant battle over the pirate visit to the trade stuff... and building your own ship, love it.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Daraius said:
    I want to be playing Horizon: Zero Dawn so badly right now.  :s
    So far it's everything I hoped for. See y'all in a week or so!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Suikoden IV has been released as a ps2 classic for ps3. I want to buy it, but I already own it.

Still going to give it a playthrough.
  • The newest expansion to Crusader kings II, called "Monks and mystics"
  • I'm sure pretty much everybody that can get there hands on it is, but oh man, Breath of the Wild.

Love the open world, I literally went straight to Hyrule Castle after the old man told me not to go there. 
    Daraius said:
    Daraius said:
    I want to be playing Horizon: Zero Dawn so badly right now.  :s
    So far it's everything I hoped for. See y'all in a week or so!
    I got my first 100% completion trophy. :'(
    I used to make cakes.

• Zelda, is just so much fun. CKII seems to be on sale, may pick it up.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Somebody want to mail me their Switch and Zelda for a week or two? 
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    Somebody want to mail me their Switch and Zelda for a week or two? 
    It's my precious

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• So, Fate/Grand Order just added the male Fate/Prototype Arthur Pendragon character to their roster.

I had already spent most of my spin credits in the Valentine's event a couple of weeks back, so I had barely enough to roll new characters. I decided to go for it anyway, and on my first try:

Huzzah. =D

• FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited March 2017
    Secret Hitler and Catan yesterday with a bunch of Lusternians. Amazing time.

Also Path of Exile with Maligorn and Phoebus. Carry me pls.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    edited March 2017
    Falaeron said:
    Catan is the Mario Kart of board games. That and Monopoly.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited March 2017
    Selenity said:
    Falaeron said:
    I cannot decide if I want to hit that agree button or disagree button harder. :P
  • Falaeron said:
    Selenity said:
    Falaeron said:
    I cannot decide if I want to hit that agree button or disagree button harder. :P
    I'm not that good at monopoly but i almost always win at Catan. Depends on the dices.
    edited March 2017
    I have to get in on this table top action. Lord knows this was not my weekend, though. Soon.
    I used to make cakes.

Falaeron said:
    Selenity said:
    Falaeron said:
    I meant it in the sense that it has the potential to destroy friendships or make them.
  • Daraius said:
    I have to get in on this table top action. Lord knows this was not my weekend, though. Soon.
    If someone would like to set up a Shadowrun or D&D game for Lusternians via IRC, I would be up for that
  • Somehow Wild ARMs 3 has ended up in my PS2. Time for some gun slinging, demon hunting, faux western adventures, then.
    Tirah said:
    Daraius said:
    If someone would like to set up a Shadowrun or D&D game for Lusternians via IRC, I would be up for that
    If I wasn't a DM who was a little loose on the rules and in the middle of setting up a game for my niece and nephew, I would definitely do it.

But I'm not about to stop working on that any time soon.

That said, I'm totally game for being a player. Just uh. Let's just pray the DM doesn't allow friendly fire like one game I had...
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited March 2017
    Bought "The House in Fata Morgana" visual novel on Steam while it's on sale. It's an inter-generational tale of tragedy in a cursed mansion. Reviews say good things. Will let you know if the game lives up to hype. A+ music so far.

(Sale ends the 18th though, and it's hard to justify buying VNs for more than $20. If you're into horror genre stuff with emotionally invested storylines, might be up your alley?)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Sylandra said:
    Bought "The House in Fata Morgana" visual novel on Steam while it's on sale. It's an inter-generational tale of tragedy in a cursed mansion. Reviews say good things. Will let you know if the game lives up to hype. A+ music so far.

(Sale ends the 18th though, and it's hard to justify buying VNs for more than $20. If you're into horror genre stuff with emotionally invested storylines, might be up your alley?)
    What the hell, since when does Fata have a whole house in her? Has she spent so long being neglected in my manse stable that she is learning to take on the form of an entire house? 
  • Finished a playthrough of Neverwinter nights 1 & 2 still working on the expansions. It os curious how the stories are spoonfed to you in more recent RPG's.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited March 2017
    I picked up Nuclear Throne. It's fun. I like Melting! Edit: Ok, Plant's upgraded ability is great, so now I like Plant.
    Sylandra said:

Update: slow burn, but so far very enjoyable with morbid twists and dark themes. Would recommend to people who enjoy Umineko and Higurashi in particular; it's basically a lot of reading so far so you don't interact really, but the story is very enjoyable.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Future Unfolding, cute exploration type, puzzles/strategy game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/539340/

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Those epic moments in Medieval II:Total war when you are fighting toe to toe with your enemies for survival.
    I have already completed the grand campaign as England, Spain, Byzantine empire and now finally with France as well.
    The mid-game was fun times. I am alone fighting against England and Holy roman empire and the pope keeps demanding me to do stuff i can't afford.
    It led to a couple of desperate battles. Gotta love those. You have to get creative with forces.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Skanylla said:
    Finished a playthrough of Neverwinter nights 1 & 2 still working on the expansions. It os curious how the stories are spoonfed to you in more recent RPG's.
    I recently finished NWN 1 and am working through the expansions. I agree, old school RPGs are dynamite, and still superior to lots of modern ones.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Finished House in Fata Morgana. Fell in love with it a lot more than I expected to.

Pros:
    -Fabulous plot and character development
    -A constant stream of surprising twists, mostly by inverting expectations
    -Emotionally engaging conflicts and complicated interpersonal relationships
    -Lots (really, lots) of CGs and gothic-esque character sprites that have very detailed expressions
    -Original soundtrack featuring singing from various languages including Latin, Portuguese, etc
    -Solid translation job 
    -Good pacing
    -Setting stays the mansion but changes drastically depending on the era of the story being told, which is a nice detail 
    -This game managed to surprise me over and over by introducing new elements that made perfect sense and made me view earlier events in a new light. Even at the 20 hour mark or the 30 hour mark. Imho the way the stories tie together is very satisfying.
    -I'm never a completionist but I want to be one for this game.

Cons:
    -This is a long visual novel. You're basically going to be reading for 30+ hours. If that genre isn't for you, then stay clear.
    -This game features a lot of dark content. If you're easily disturbed by that, this game is not for you.
    -If you don't like sad tragic stories then it is definitely 100% not for you. Bad things will happen to good people. Good people will do bad things.
    -Very little player interaction until the endgame
    -Every so often you get timed choices without knowing they are timed and that's how I got most of my bad ends
    -The first chapter has a slow start. This might put some readers off. (Stick with it, though - it gets good)
    -There is like one song on the soundtrack I'm meh about and it's the opening song and that gave me a poor initial impression, but the rest of the game did sell me on the music.
    -No voiceover for the dialogue but honestly I prefer that to bad voiceovers so eh
    -It's a little pricier than I like to spend on VNs, roughly $20-25 depending on if you can get it on sale. But it's a very well done one and I don't feel I was cheated by the cost (I bought it on sale).

It's a surprisingly under the radar VN for its quality. Would recommend as I said before to Higurashi or Umineko fans.
    Daraius said:
  • I'mplanning on getting the Umineko and Higurashi VN''s when they go on sale next. I've never done the VN thing, I know these two series from their manga/anime so if I enjoy it I'll definitely pick it up :)