Sylandra said:
    Harvest Moon is my absolute jam.
    Have you tried Stardew Valley?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Selenity said:
    Sylandra said:
    Harvest Moon is my absolute jam.
    Have you tried Stardew Valley?
    Is water wet? Is the bottomless wine cellar bug in Harvest Moon: 64 meant for using and abusing? Is Penny the perfect trailer girl waifu?

(Yes, lol.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Phoebus said:r
    Portius said:
    Alright, I know there are Paradox people here. Stellaris is on sale. Given the updates since it launched, how good is the game at this point?
    I didn't get the Utopia DLC with the really big changes in it (Paradox why must you always do this), but I think the newest update to the main game is pretty nice on its own. The game feels more put together, and getting points to fill out those skill tree things makes me feel like more is happening as the game progresses. Still a woeful lack of victory conditions, though. Maybe someday they'll add some sort of cultural or economic victory or something; I like conditions that change the way I want to play the game between attempts, but I don't really get that here.

I also picked up the Leviathans DLC while it's on sale, though I haven't played far enough into it to encounter anything involving leviathans yet. But I did meet a traveling artisan troupe and some noble space curators who could probably do their jobs better, and I get to play as a cute snailman, so I like it so far.
    I did shell out for the Utopia DLC so I can't remember which features were the free ones or not, but the general feeling is the same as what Phoebus said. Cool new features feel add more, but end game still lacking. Also snails are great.

They've really padded out the mid and late game with new features. In particular I really like the way this political factions work, and being able to see individual species rights. It really let's you develop the character/flavor of your empire a lot. 

Victory conditions are still lacking though. In the end you'll always need to just conquer look the majority of the galaxy to win. I would just suggest having your own personal goal or story in mind

For example, my Snaliens(snail aliens) eventually unlocked the secrets of synthetic life and transferred themselves into robotic bodies, thus becoming the Snandroids(snail androids). Instead of setting off the robot apocalypse, they became benevolent stewards of the simpler organic races. Was liberating and integrating as many other races as I could, and setting their species right to the max comfort level(gives the populations huge bonus to happiness but drops their work outputs significantly because they're basically in a drug and mass media consumption induced stupor).

Thinking of doing a hive mind species next but one that strives to be friendly and joins the federation.
  • I finished Zelda a week ago, today I picked up Horizon Zero Dawn.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Lehki said:
    Phoebus said:r
    Portius said:
    Alright, I know there are Paradox people here. Stellaris is on sale. Given the updates since it launched, how good is the game at this point?
    I didn't get the Utopia DLC with the really big changes in it (Paradox why must you always do this), but I think the newest update to the main game is pretty nice on its own. The game feels more put together, and getting points to fill out those skill tree things makes me feel like more is happening as the game progresses. Still a woeful lack of victory conditions, though. Maybe someday they'll add some sort of cultural or economic victory or something; I like conditions that change the way I want to play the game between attempts, but I don't really get that here.

I also picked up the Leviathans DLC while it's on sale, though I haven't played far enough into it to encounter anything involving leviathans yet. But I did meet a traveling artisan troupe and some noble space curators who could probably do their jobs better, and I get to play as a cute snailman, so I like it so far.
    I did shell out for the Utopia DLC so I can't remember which features were the free ones or not, but the general feeling is the same as what Phoebus said. Cool new features feel add more, but end game still lacking. Also snails are great.

They've really padded out the mid and late game with new features. In particular I really like the way this political factions work, and being able to see individual species rights. It really let's you develop the character/flavor of your empire a lot. 

Victory conditions are still lacking though. In the end you'll always need to just conquer look the majority of the galaxy to win. I would just suggest having your own personal goal or story in mind

For example, my Snaliens(snail aliens) eventually unlocked the secrets of synthetic life and transferred themselves into robotic bodies, thus becoming the Snandroids(snail androids). Instead of setting off the robot apocalypse, they became benevolent stewards of the simpler organic races. Was liberating and integrating as many other races as I could, and setting their species right to the max comfort level(gives the populations huge bonus to happiness but drops their work outputs significantly because they're basically in a drug and mass media consumption induced stupor).

Thinking of doing a hive mind species next but one that strives to be friendly and joins the federation.
    Snails confirmed for best. My snailmen are called the Bugalugs, of the Conclave of Bugalug Hugs, and they are fanatic spiritualist xenophiles because I always play cold, genocidal xenophobic assholes and wanted to force myself to do something different. I mean, I still murder everyone, I am just a lot nicer about it afterwards. They are very aggressive hugs.
  • Finished pillars of eternity. It's one of those games where you aren't sure whether the protagonist is actually the antagonist before the last chapter.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Finally got into ESO, and am getting a handle on how things work here.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    Finally got into ESO, and am getting a handle on how things work here.
    I used to play ESO. I have about 1000 hours logged on Steam. I had to quit it because they changed their terms of service so that the new terms were unacceptable. When i still played though, i was a magicka dragonknight in the Ebonheart pact.
  • Endless Space 2. So many improvements to the original. Can't wait for the full release in a month.
  • Yesss.

Almost two months after getting him, I've finally max-levelled my Fate/Prototype Arthur. Woots.

• Got into playing Paladins.. Definitely a fun game, especially if you like both SMITE and Overwatch... The game got overshadowed pretty hard by the latter (and it's made by the people who made the former)

Low level struggle is real, though. People seemingly allergic to going near objectives. No ping issues either which is a first for an FPS game (for me)
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    "Why are you pulling, Black Mage? Get out of the fire, Summoner! Dragoon, dodge something! Paladin, why are you in the DPS stance, and not using Flash, ffs!" -Astrologian's Lament for Chorus and Strings.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    And now back in playing Half-Life 2. The series never gets old.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I lost another day of my life to Factorio.  :/
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I finally managed to get Persona 5, yay, but my brother got Tropico 5 at the same time. Since he has no responsibility and we share (my) PS4, well, I'm watching him play Tropico and playing Persona 2 Eternal Punishment on my PSP.
  • edited May 2017
    Akatriel said:
    I finally managed to get Persona 5, yay, but my brother got Tropico 5 at the same time. Since he has no responsibility and we share (my) PS4, well, I'm watching him play Tropico and playing Persona 2 Eternal Punishment on my PSP.
    Lucky you. It's a bother they didn't release it for PC. Sega must be paying Atlus a crapton of money to keep Persona 5 console exclusive.
    I keep telling myself I'll only buy Persona 5 when I've completed my current thesis draft. So tempting. :(:cry:
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I haven't seen the light of day except to go to work since I bought Nier and Persona 5. 
  • Was surprised with a gift of Breath of the Wild.  I don't split my time between games well...

• edited May 2017
    When you carry out 'Scientific' experiments in CKII and your chancellor sneaks into your laboratory at night and half of the castle explodes as a result. Your chancellor was severely wounded in the accident and lost their left eye. Got to wonder what they were up to. Not to mention that before the incident they really enjoying their seclusion with god.
  • I got Stellaris as a gift, was told I would not win my first game, proved them wrong :D
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Tirah said:
    I got Stellaris as a gift, was told I would not win my first game, proved them wrong :D
    Haha, you're more patient than I am, then. The only reason I haven't won a game of Stellaris yet is that no matter how well I'm doing, I get too bored mid-to-end game and start a new one. The beginning of the game is my favorite part. Same for every game of that type, really. :P I love scouting out a new start and claiming my little section of the map.
  • Phoebus said:
    Tirah said:
    I got Stellaris as a gift, was told I would not win my first game, proved them wrong :D
    Haha, you're more patient than I am, then. The only reason I haven't won a game of Stellaris yet is that no matter how well I'm doing, I get too bored mid-to-end game and start a new one. The beginning of the game is my favorite part. Same for every game of that type, really. :P I love scouting out a new start and claiming my little section of the map.
    I have spent a combined 2,500 hours on Paradox grand strategy games and have never run a single game from the earliest start date until the end. I feel like less of a garbage person about it every time I hear someone else with the same story.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Thalkros said:
    I haven't seen the light of day except to go to work since I bought Nier and Persona 5. 
    I almost picked up Nier today. How is that?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Thalkros said:
    I haven't seen the light of day except to go to work since I bought Nier and Persona 5. 
    I almost picked up Nier today. How is that?
    Yo this is secondhand from someone who received pretty much livetexts the entire time her bestie played Nier, but it's apparently amazing and completely life-consuming. (Also I got spoiled on the story and the story is good.)
    Daraius said:
  • Why is it $80 here? =(

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited May 2017
    Alan Wake is 90% in Steam before it disappears. I don't know if it's any good but I know some consider it a hidden treasure.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."