What are you playing?

Comments

• Daraius said:
    Alan Wake is 90% in Steam before it disappears. I don't know if it's any good but I know some consider it a hidden treasure.
    Amazing story and narration. Gameplay can be a bit wonky at times, but it is one of the best stories in games out there.
  • Phoebus said:
    Tirah said:
    I got Stellaris as a gift, was told I would not win my first game, proved them wrong :D
    Haha, you're more patient than I am, then. The only reason I haven't won a game of Stellaris yet is that no matter how well I'm doing, I get too bored mid-to-end game and start a new one. The beginning of the game is my favorite part. Same for every game of that type, really. :P I love scouting out a new start and claiming my little section of the map.
    But winning is the best part! That moment when your huge fleets rain down their nukes upon the enemy....
  • edited May 2017
    So my character's father in CKII had 2 wives during his lifetime, 12 lovers and a whole LOT of kids. He dies and i inherit him. Then i go into seclusion to try and get rid of the reputation my father left behind. Something very unusual happens. I keep contemplating my choices in life and especially the fact that i like doing things with women.. It's too much for me and i sneak out of the house i am supposed to be secluded in with only god as my company and make my way to a random female courtier that happens to be queer. This queer lady somehow manages to soothe my.. Urges.

Somehow i doubt it is not the obvious way here... What did my character want? A bedtime story or something else?
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Skanylla said:
    So my character's father in CKII had 2 wives during his lifetime, 12 lovers and a whole LOT of kids. He dies and i inherit him. Then i go into seclusion to try and get rid of the reputation my father left behind. Something very unusual happens. I keep contemplating my choices in life and especially the fact that i like doing things with women.. It's too much for me and i sneak out of the house i am supposed to be secluded in with only god as my company and make my way to a random female courtier that happens to be queer. This queer lady somehow manages to soothe my.. Urges.

Somehow i doubt it is not the obvious way here... What did my character want? A bedtime story or something else?
    Platonic female friendship.
  • I should mention how my characters father actually died. First he contracted great pox and then my court physician who is a mystic monk but renowned all the same cuts my right leg off. It somehow cured the great pox but instead of dying to a disease i died to the wounds inflicted from the treatment.
  • Picked up Witcher 3 on sale for 50 off.
  • Before declaring any major wars in CKII.. Think it through. A job that was supposed to be a piece of cake ended up taking 4 hours. But finally! The claim my character's sister had on the throne was enforced through military conquest.
    I'm also rather pleased with myself. Greatest war i have fought yet, i learnt something new.

And all this while dodging a mysterious murder plot and spreading Lollard heresy underground.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited May 2017
    Tell us more.

Dead Cells is a highly polished early access roguelike with some tense, fast-paced combat, fluid animation, and some really nice character design and color palette. I haven't passed the first boss yet but it gets my unreserved recommendation. Can't wait to see what the developers will be adding before its official release. Just check this totally out.

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited May 2017
    Owlboy. I don't tend to get super emotional about games, especially shorter ones, but with this I just...can't. I JUST CAN'T.

Also it's the top tier thingus for the Humble Indie Bundle at $13 (soundtrack as well for a minimum of one extra cent!), which is basically a crime considering 1) the standalone price and 2) HOW FREAKIN GOOD IT IS.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Zitto said:
    Phoebus said:
    Tirah said:
    I got Stellaris as a gift, was told I would not win my first game, proved them wrong :D
    Haha, you're more patient than I am, then. The only reason I haven't won a game of Stellaris yet is that no matter how well I'm doing, I get too bored mid-to-end game and start a new one. The beginning of the game is my favorite part. Same for every game of that type, really. :P I love scouting out a new start and claiming my little section of the map.
    I have spent a combined 2,500 hours on Paradox grand strategy games and have never run a single game from the earliest start date until the end. I feel like less of a garbage person about it every time I hear someone else with the same story.
    Same here, never finish the actual dominate the galaxy objective. You get to a point where there's nobody left who can stop you but then you still needs hours more grinding to actually finish.
  • edited May 2017
    There is an achievement in Crusader kings II to have your dynasty survive the entire middle ages from the fall of the western roman empire and the rise of the empire of Charlemagne until slightly past the war of the roses in England and the battle of Lepanto in Spain. I've tried it four or five times, but always failed.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I've survived like 400-500 years and got those achievements in CK2 haha. But I'm still confused by Stellaris.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I am the same way, I probably have around that same amount of hours but rarely complete any game to finish. 

I did just however convert my Hindustan EU3 game to Victoria and going to convert that to HoI3.

I have like 100 years left in my CK2 game before converting to EU3, I just left Aztec invasion on and am disappointed by it and don't have the drive to finish it off.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I do so loathe EA and Origin. If i don't want to give them my bank account or credit card i will have to dive deep into obscure websites to legally purchase their game. I don't know why i even bother finding a legal copy of a game i want since they are clearly not intent on selling it to as many people as possible.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Skanylla said:
    I do so loathe EA and Origin. If i don't want to give them my bank account or credit card i will have to dive deep into obscure websites to legally purchase their game. I don't know why i even bother finding a legal copy of a game i want since they are clearly not intent on selling it to as many people as possible.
    One of my greatest gaming regrets is buying Sims 3 from Origin just because it was on sale. It's such a mess.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I picked up Dragon Age Inquisition. It's delightful so far.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Fyler said:
    I picked up Dragon Age Inquisition. It's delightful so far.
    It is! Though I must admit that I just can't get into the melee classes in it. I have finished it twice, as archer and mage.
    I just finished the Trespasser DLC after nearly a full year off. Elven inquisitor all the way!

Though I immediately restarted a human mage, I have to say that the DLCs are some of the best content in all of dragon age. 

Also, get out of the Hinterlands asap.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • edited May 2017
    I have a mage I got to Skyhold, but then I went necromancer and didn't like it. 

Debating loading a previous save and going rift mage, or maybe I didn't play it enough. Not sure yet.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • edited May 2017
    Fyler said:
    I have a mage I got to Skyhold, but then I went necromancer and didn't like it. 

Debating loading a previous save and going rift mage, or maybe I didn't play it enough. Not sure yet.
    I really enjoyed necromancer, especially with the whole "We honor the death" thing, when what they cast in combat is literally making corpses explode.

Silvanus said:
    I just finished the Trespasser DLC after nearly a full year off. Elven inquisitor all the way!

Though I immediately restarted a human mage, I have to say that the DLCs are some of the best content in all of dragon age. 

Also, get out of the Hinterlands asap.
    The DLC that has you explore the deep roads and the you know what gotta be my favorite content across all three games.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    You guys are really tempting me.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Yeah the Deep roads DLC in particular was so awesome, but the moral corondrum at the end of Trespasser made it all worth it to me. 

I could never be Necro because that would make Dorian obsolete, rift mage is by far the most entertaining but Knight Enchanter is basically needed in hard difficulties.

Game me of the year edition frequently goes on sale often, I got it all for $20. I highly recommend it, or all the dragon ages for that matter. Origins is about to be free on Xbox during June.
  • edited May 2017
    I finished dragon age inquisition with a human archer trained as an assassin. We are going to be good buddies with the Antivan crows.

Dragon age origins was a human noble trained as a champion.
  • RhiRhi
    edited May 2017
    I have every Kingdom Hearts game and the required systems now, I'm ready for feels and spotty storyline consistency.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    My current Stellaris game: I own 2/5ths of the galaxy.  My three vassal states own about another third of it between themselves.  There is one remaining two-nation federation desperately clinging to its "independence".

Alas, this effort seems a bit doomed.
  • Been trying out this new early access game from Klei, the studio that made Don't Starve, called Oxygen Not Included. It's still pretty bare bones, but after I had half an outpost die of starvation because a poorly constructed tunnel flooded and destroyed my garden, or the time everybody suffocated because I ran out of oxygen producing algae, I started getting a strong Dwarf Fortress vibe off it and definitely going to keep an eye on it for full release
  • Picked this one up from Steam recently: http://store.steampowered.com/app/382330/Killers_and_Thieves/

It's like an action rpg game mixed with roguelike elements. The learning curve is pretty steep but the game is fun once you learn how to not lose an entire crew on a single heist.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Reinstalled Elite Dangerous, forgotten entirely how to fly, dock and take off.. let alone shoot anything.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Elite Dangerous revived my interest in VR.  I'm SO getting a Vive + hotas setup up and going.