Remember when...

This might be kind of a silly idea but I've seen a lot of other forums have threads about this.

It's just about finishing the sentence with a memory that you have of a really funny, cool, proud, etc moment in Lusternia.

For example: Remember when @Lorina mindbursted Aeral on Water during a raid? (we were both Aquamancers)

Please try not to be bitter/angsty, I'd rather that this thread not get locked immediately.

Comments

• Remember when credit prices were at 10k?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ssaliss said:
    Remember when credit prices were at 10k?
    How about when 4k was considered expensive?
  • Xenthos said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Remember when credit prices were at 10k?
    How about when 4k was considered expensive?
    I remember 1.8k being the going rate, starsuckers being considered dangerous, and Astral was a Bad Idea(tm)
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    I have two words for you.

Nexus. Weakenings.
  • Fun fact: Unless something's changed fairly recently, you can still see nexus weakening times with environment stargazing.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Remember when Celest's nexus had negative power and demenses could be 200 rooms and hit the entire thing at once?

No because probably only a few of you do remember that among other beta shenanigans.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • When Li Li (Lisaera) first returned to the basin
  • Remember when everyone had scabies because nobody had the cure and we all kept passing it around?

• Iasmos said:
    Remember when everyone had scabies because nobody had the cure and we all kept passing it around?
    On that note.

Remember the first plague where everyone was biting everyone else to infect them?

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited July 2014
    Turnus said:
    Remember when Celest's nexus had negative power and demenses could be 200 rooms and hit the entire thing at once? No because probably only a few of you do remember that among other beta shenanigans.
    Only 200 rooms? Newbie. 300 rooms was what I remember, and that was either what we started with, or that was the first nerf. 

I remember sitting at the Moonhart Tree and unleashing my cudgel and it killing Yrael at Magnagora's gates. I also remember we use to meld from village to village and stack break points with guards so we controlled the entire highways. 

Also I remember credit prices being 1k or less, and all you had to do in beta was farm a little weevils/rats and bam...

Also remember when they paid us 90? credits for the completion of the Beta and they weren't bound....So many friends who tried the game I got to just hand me theirs <3 

Remember when Mag use to play the Chasm game at the Lith and it was legal?

Remember Narsrim :(:(:(:(:(
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    I was never a melder back then so I don't know exactly how many rooms it was, 200 or 300, whatever who cares. I largely remember one that was big enough to go from Mag, through Glom, and around the roads with the break points being somewhere that nobody could find.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    When bards were released and earache didn't exist so they had no way to actually keep deafness stripped, and they were terrible.

The game was ruled by artied out warriors with damage weapons doing over 2k a round. Plus wounds and venoms. 

Perma stun. 

Pyro passive amputations were a "good idea." 

When Glom and Mag had the Wyrd event on lockdown with chokemense and Celest just used trueheal to run past everyone willy nilly and win the event.
  • Bards used to be able to spam ColourBurst and win.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Beastweb+pinleg stacking = death
    Oh, yes. I quite remember Daevos and Ixion being able to damage out half the game with their swords...when damage warriors was a thing. 

I miss perma bellow stun...

Pyro amputations was good fun for all of a minute. I remember soloing half of Glom at a Gaudi node because they all kept getting limb rips and then just bleeding out. 
    Turnus said:
    I was never a melder back then so I don't know exactly how many rooms it was, 200 or 300, whatever who cares. I largely remember one that was big enough to go from Mag, through Glom, and around the roads with the break points being somewhere that nobody could find.
    These demesnes often had their break points inside Magnagora.  With guards and statues to protect them.

You also left out that they were melding up a fair bit of the city of Celest too, and it was essentially unbreakable.
    Xenthos said:
    Turnus said:
    These demesnes often had their break points inside Magnagora.  With guards and statues to protect them.

You also left out that they were melding up a fair bit of the city of Celest too, and it was essentially unbreakable.
    I still do this...entirely possible if you set no effects via the way declare works. 
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Xenthos said:
    Turnus said:

Hi.

I also got lazy and one of the break points was in the sea of despair.

Remember dilute? That was far worse.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Silvanus said:
    Xenthos said:
    Turnus said:

Hi.

I also got lazy and one of the break points was in the sea of despair.

Remember dilute? That was far worseawesome.

Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Dilute was definitely not awesome.  It broke every vial in your inventory.  Permanently.  :|
  • @pectus that was pretty funny. I kept trying to tell them of the egregious acts of those standing in the room with them in the hopes of seeing them smite someone. No luck 

When I was first a baby bard earache was indeed not invented yet. Instead banknote would stun to keep them from going deaf right away. People had a choice to tank song effects or face a stun barrage. Bard mechanics and specs didn't start out awesome but they are pretty good now.

Also, big ups to both the myth and reality of trample sac.

• Remember when Brewmeistery was just released and everyone discovered puke.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
    Alary said:
    Remember when Brewmeistery was just released and everyone discovered puke.
    I remember when Sidd, specifically, discovered puke.

It was everywhere.
  • 300 room demesnes....Good god what were they thinking O.o
  • 1H Kata monks (i.e. Nekotai, Shofangi) were the way to go because it was statistically easier for a smith to roll a perfect speed weapon? Speaking of monks... their never-ending "rewrites" to rebalance monks. I vaguely remember unarmed PPK monks. Then something about ruptures before moving onto momentum monks. Were there any other monk variations in between? 
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Am I imagining a version of monks that set up "vibrations" in their opponents? Or was that a different game? 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."