Hm..

I don't even know where this kind of post goes but bear with me!

I was looking at the shadowdancer logs and I read this:

2014/08/05 08:11:23 - Credits: -100. Transfer to Hiriako. Reason: Your excellence within the library
is celebrated by the Night Coven.
2014/08/05 08:12:33 - Credits: -100. Transfer to Haezon. Reason: Your play has done an admirable job
of highlighting precisely why the Wyrd waxes ascendant, the Night Coven is pleased.

I'm like.... what the nil?! We're throwing away guild credits because of a speech or phrase about why the wyrd waxes ascendant? I could understand 25, but dangit.. I'll just stop with helping putting credits into the guild.. I just feel its going to be thrown away at ridiculous amounts, considering we were gaining a good amount by now and was hoping it be used for guild purposes.

Comments

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Tweets mostly, but I understand your pain
    Retired.
  • Well. You could always, you know, take it IC and actually ask your GM about it? Or @Hiriako.

• Astraea's actions were actually fairly well explained in several commune posts... though as usual for Glomdoring, you need to see through the political RP to understand.

Also it is a fairly good plan especially regarding its goals.

There's always been a player attachment to org credits that I've found baffling. Most org credits are bonus from purchases. They aren't supposed to exist except for whoever made Achaea deciding it might look nice that the game is giving extra bonuses, thus perhaps generating good feelings for those who spent money - "Oh hey, I got a free gift!" This means that short of the credits being "stolen" by being withdrawn and taken away to another org, there really is no "wrong" use of the credits. Even if that happened, there is no actual monetary or time investment loss. Giving credits out as rewards is one of the best ways to use this free gift - sort of like buying a perfume from l'oreal and they end up pledging a couple of bucks to a local charity, only this charity is for your in-game teammates (or even yourself).

The only person I personally know who actually did things like grind for gold, buy credits with it and literally donate those into the org stores was Talan. Now if someone "stole" the org credits Talan helped to contribute to, I'd say she has every right to pick up the pitchforks... but otherwise, there's really no big deal, right?

• Ssaliss said:
    Step one: Take it up IC.
    Step two: See step one.
    All of this. 
  • Why bring this up on the forums? That's guild business. Never a good move to drag that public, no matter how offended you are.

Also Astraea and you should communicate about this. GA and GM should keep each other informed. Which I feel Astraea did for her part by making the Court and commune posts regarding the Shadowdancer cultural initiatives. Did you speak to Astraea at all about why you are putting credits into the guild and what you want to do with them? As a guild you should also agree on who does the credit sales so there is no confusion. In the Nekotai it is handled by the GM, and I think most guilds operate that way. Assumption is the mother of all fuckups though, so always ask! Janalon and I shoot each other a ton of messages since we are rarely on at the same time and it works swimmingly.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Rialorm said:
     As a guild you should also agree on who does the credit sales so there is no confusion. In the Nekotai it is handled by the GM, and I think most guilds operate that way. Assumption is the mother of all fuckups though, so always ask! Janalon and I shoot each other a ton of messages since we are rarely on at the same time and it works swimmingly.
    Does the GA even have the ability to distribute credits?  I thought that was a GM-only privilege.
  • Xenthos said:
    Rialorm said:
     As a guild you should also agree on who does the credit sales so there is no confusion. In the Nekotai it is handled by the GM, and I think most guilds operate that way. Assumption is the mother of all fuckups though, so always ask! Janalon and I shoot each other a ton of messages since we are rarely on at the same time and it works swimmingly.
    Does the GA even have the ability to distribute credits?  I thought that was a GM-only privilege.
    I don't know, I actually never tried if I could. Would make sense though if a GA couldn't and that is why all the GMs do it :P
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Yeah. Guild credits are GM only mechanically.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Wait a minute, last I checked.. I am free to be able to talk a little about something I disagree with here? Besides, I'm well aware of how to handle it, -if- I choose to approach her about it, I was speaking out of character of what I noticed, Illidaen himself isn't offended about it.
  • Did this really need its own forum thread?
  • Illidaen said:
    Wait a minute, last I checked.. I am free to be able to talk a little about something I disagree with here? Besides, I'm well aware of how to handle it, -if- I choose to approach her about it, I was speaking out of character of what I noticed, Illidaen himself isn't offended about it.
    You're free to, but it is still considered bad form. I mean I get that it sucks you were putting in credits and had hoped to do something with them, but at the same time several people also outlined how this could be avoided in future.