What classes aren't arti reliant?

So apparently warriors get shafted here, but I'll still be a warrior if cavalier quest get's fixed before I just quit or break down and try something else...what are some classes (and skillchoices) that don't really need arti's? I don't have a problem with getting my class skills learned, that's fun and worth paying for. But I won't be able to just grab a 1200 credit weapon rune right off the bat. =/ Just not happening...sooo any input would be great! I COULD consider leaving my city....but I'd rather not. =/ Really digging the Blacktalon druids though, that looks like a ton of fun...

Comments

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Guardians and bards and monks only need their lessons to be relevant in fights, imo. You should look into being a Nihilist or one of the Cacophony!

P.S. tae'dae bards are actually pretty swell.

• It also actually depends on what you want to do. If you want to get into PVP from the getgo, you'll find arties are your least problem, even as a warrior.

If you're okay with slowly grinding (and yes, really slowly grinding) to a PVP level as you play, then it doesn't matter whether you're a warrior or not.

Bards are generally considered the least arti-reliant, afaik, though they also don't really have much chance of killing their opponent in a 1v1, at least, less than other classes. Monks are also not quite arti reliant, but there's a lot more preparation involved in monk combat. Wiccan/Guardians might actually be a good choice if you're interested in arena duels, because they do fairly well 1v1, and can bring a lot of utility to a team fight.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Pretty much any top tier combatant in any class is reliant on arties to some extent. Pay2win.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • It really does depend on what you like and want to do. Dont change a class simply because you have heard "it's much better with arties". Any class can function to some capability.

If you'd prefer changing though, then I can give a reason for each. If you're looking for flavor and fun, then you can always try Guardian/Priest. I've always found them to overflowing with flavor and you actually feel like you're connected to a higher power/calling. Guardians also tend to have quite the synergy when it comes to spells, able to create combos, however, a general rule with guardians is that you can only tend to get a kill by doing the synergy correct, else you'll be starting over and generally with 0 power.

For combat, you can try Monk. Monks have a certain flow to them that makes their combat almost seem like a dance. Each monk type is unique in its abilities, and has its own flare to it. Just remember, Monk is perhaps the hardest class to master, and requires alot of preparation beforehand with building your Kata combos and general battle theory-crafting. However, get Monk down and you'll be a terror to deal with: A.k.A @Malarious history.

If you're looking for a more easier lifestyle and utility, then you can go for Bard. Bard is quite the fun skillset, where you'll mostly have to simply put your song effects up and can enjoy the rest. Most dont find it very challenging and more experienced combatants prefer other classes as getting a kill as a Bard isnt the most practical of things.

Mage is essential for any group or raid, as they supply the area control needed to set your group into an area. No one will ever be displeased when a Mage joins the team. However, melding can be quite the tiresome process, and many tend to be displeased with the idea of no meld = half-power. There's also Telekinesis and Telepathy that are good kits for the get-go.

Warrior really isnt that bad, yes you'll find yourself flailing from time to time, but with the right stuff, you could become pretty competent. If you love the concept of a Warrior, then I would suggest sticking with it, rather than finding yourself regret the decision of leaving it later.
  • Like we said when you asked in Mag, the brewmeister bard is really, really legit even without artifacts, and Nihilists are easy too since a *lot* of people in Mag can tell you exactly what to do, when. It's more luck-based - if the affs fired while they have ecto or are on crux - than it is artifact based, and since it's more binary like that instead of numbers, the artis don't matter too much
  • With the current state of combat all you need to do is be able to hold your own in a group. That can be done with any archetype and with minimal investment. 

• Finally got my cavalier. :D To hell with your arties. I'll be okay.
  • Still drooling over Blacktalon druids. Sigh. but I'm content now, lol.
  • @zepper If you are heart set on playing tae'dae your options are somewhat limited. 

Level 3 eq balance, low int and low dex will prevent you from being able to excel in most guilds as a combatant. (including Blacktalon, sorry)

The game is moving away from having magic being the default non physical damage type so that actually works in your favor. For fire, just stayed allied with Gaudi and watch out for destruction.

Bard eq times are pretty short and we have lots of passives so they are manageable with the high cha.

Being the cavalier spec race puts them a little ahead of dwarven axelords specs, stat wise. So it seems like you could do ok there too.

Ultimately you need to be happy where you are or you will just stop playing. Now is a good time to sort out where you want to be. Hopping orgs and guilds too often will get you a bad reputation. People will be less likely to help you if they don't think you are going to stick around.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Cavaliers are probably the least artifact dependant knight spec, because their mechanics allow for other ways to increase wounding, and thus chance for better afflictions.

There's the argument they're more skill intensive, but honestly, if you're a Knight who wants to PK and you don't have beast spit regardless of class, you're missing out.

No other class is -as dependant- on artifacts as the Knight, while they all benefit from them, their main kill method, means to apply afflictions, and hindering (with slight exceptions for Monks) aren't affected by artifacts. Knights work off wounding, weapon runes increase wounding, and increase damage. Which means it's possible your target may require to sip rather than apply, or risk dying to damage.

In group scenarios you'll be fine without artifacts, you won't be optimal, but you'll get on ok, just don't surge. 1: You're a tae'dae, you have enough health. 2: You're a tae'dae, you've bugger all mana, and you will get toaded/absolved/wracked/insert any other mana kill here. If you go one on one with most people who know what they're doing, you'll find you're too slow and your weapon isn't effective enough, that's where race choices and artifacts will kick in. But in groups you'll do well enough, if you end up Ebon/Serenguard and get Nightkiss/Drawdown, then that + racial stat boost to your bardiche and your coal runes will give you about as good a weapon as you can get without having to start shelling out investment.

You can all too easily sink 2,000+ credits into a weapon, but get a feel for the class first, and stick to group combat before you get frustrated. If you still want to go on after you've gotten to grips with the class and want to up your game, invest away... just don't stay tae'dae. That slow fat ass will be the biggest frustration you know.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Or, if you wanna stay "tae'dae", grab yourself a race hat and go aslaran master race.  Then spend the fifty credits to customize your hat into something that isn't a hat, but still goes on the head.
  • Zepper said:
    Still drooling over Blacktalon druids. Sigh. but I'm content now, lol.
    Oh stahp ;;)

but yes I picked blacktalon not because of the kit but because I adored the concept. Im a bird lover, especially crows and ravens.
  • You can just function fine in the low to mid-tier as natural tae'dae, for almost any class. It's just not exactly min-maxed, but for group combat and whatnot it's plenty sufficient.