What are you watching?

Comments

• Mysrai said:
    Still watching and rewatching Spark: A Burning Man Story. Closest thing I've seen to describing how it is out there and what the entire thing is about. Of course, it doesn't get the entire picture, but nothing ever quite does.
    I gave a conference about it once, how it is contemporary art and why. I really want to pack my things and live this experience outside of the documentaries. When I'm done with my studies and able to travel more this will be one of my destinations!
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Recent conversation leads me to believe that you all need to be told to watch Equilibrium. It's the best.

On that note, I'm scheduled to be drugged up to the point of uselessness in about two weeks. Please recommend martial arts movies.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Portius said:

Please recommend martial arts movies.

If you haven't watched Ip Man and Ip Man 2, you need to address that immediately. 
  • Just finished Yu Yu Hakisho. Now we get to decide what series to go through next. Probably Korra or maybe starting Fairy Tail or something similar.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I recommend watching Yu Yu Hakusho abridged, first.  Makes the show so much better.
  • Better? The show was pretty awesome as it was. Only issues I ran into were with Team Uraotogi (Kuro Momotaru, Ura Urashima, Shishiwakimaru, and Onji), but that's just because I didn't have the cultural background to appreciate them. Oh, and I wanted to know what Yusuke did in the time between the second tournament and the finale, since that was hinted at ominously, but never really even handwaved.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2015
    I had to buy The Dam Keeper because it looked beautiful and because furries. Wish it was longer, but damn, the feels.

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm watching all of RWBY on Netflix. RIP Monty Oum, you were a great man in your field.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited February 2015
    Started watching Attack on Titan last night, still adjusting to the fact that EVERYONE IS YELLING ALL THE TIME.

Also @Tarkenton, Sailor Moon abridged should be the focus of a religion. My liiiife.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I and my anime watching coon have been alternately subjecting ourselves to Cute High Earth Defense Force Love! and Assassination Classroom, both of which are acquired tastes for vastly different reasons.

I've also been watching Parasyte: The Maxim, which is a phenomenal anime I'd suggest to anyone not turned off by body horror.

I'm also always watching the streams from LoadingReadyRun over on Twitch, which I'd recommend to anyone who loves videogames, humor, and Canadians.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• In general I've recently been watching/rewatching

Grimm - Cant wait till March for new season eee!

In The Flesh - It needs a new home because BBC3 is getting pulled :(

The Intruders - So fantastically dark and creepy but satisfying

Doctor Who - All of it.

Torchwood - All of it.

Primeval - Amusing, but also so many shoehorned plot devices as to be frustrating.

Defiance - I want more alien music!

Deadman Wonderland - Gory anime, but riveting.

The Man in the High Castle - One of those what if's and Amorica turned communist etc. American resistance etc.

Selfridges - Pretty costumes.

Downton Abbey - Because yes.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Netflix recently added the first five seasons of M*A*S*H to their streaming line-up.  I have been enjoying it immensely, in part because it is basically a sitcom depiction of how the Hallifax library works.
    I've also been enjoying mash. Hated it as a kid, since I had to wait for it to be over before cartoons came on. Now though... I have come to quite like Alan Alda.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I couldn't get through Deadman Wonderland. The protagonist's constant whining and perpetual wimpering noises grated too badly.
  • Enyalida said:

I couldn't get through Deadman Wonderland. The protagonist's constant whining and perpetual wimpering noises grated too badly.

He's basically Shinji on Helium 

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Riluna said:

What if we had Firefly back? I'd even take this terrible plot device to see more.
    There is a Firefly Online in the making. Not sure about more seasons of the show, but hey... could be good?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ...I am dead. I just saw that the second season of House of Cards is up.

There goes my life. Some more.

Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    War of the Arrows is amazing. Pretty sure it's only available in English with subtitles, but even with just those it was great.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I wish the next season of House of Cards would hurry up. Love that show.

Just started Dexter, never got into it but thought I'd give it a try and it's kinda hooked me.

Also been watching Ray Donovan, and eagerly awaiting more Just Call Saul.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2015
    Enyalida said:

His whining gets better!

EDIT: I enjoyed the whole thing. It was the first anime to actually shock me with its graphic content, though I admit I'm not too hard to spook. It was the scene with the bot that spits acid. You'll see it someday. It left my mouth literally agape.

EDIT 2: Oh, and also the character Hummingbird surprised me, and her backstory fucking tore my heart out.

• Arien said:

...I am dead. I just saw that the second season of House of Cards is up.

Guess what show's season three comes out on Friday? 
    Lavinya said:

I wish the next season of House of Cards would hurry up. Love that show.

Just started Dexter, never got into it but thought I'd give it a try and it's kinda hooked me.

Also been watching Ray Donovan, and eagerly awaiting more Just Call Saul.

I recommend stopping Dexter at season four. It goes downhill very quickly from there.
  • Zitto said:

Arien said:

...I am dead. I just saw that the second season of House of Cards is up.

Guess what show's season three comes out on Friday? 
    D: Oh no...I can't even guess right now.
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • For those of you interested in a comedic, meta-ish depiction of how anime is made, Shirobako is a pretty solid show this season. It's so fun to watch I had to come here to recommend it.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Brain Games on Netflix! 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • O.M.G GUYS. HOUSE OF CARDS SEASON THREE ENDING IS RIDICULOUS.

-
    -
    I write things
  • Arien said:

O.M.G GUYS. HOUSE OF CARDS SEASON THREE ENDING IS RIDICULOUS.

I am absolutely confident that spoilers are a bannable offense.  Don't even think about it.
  • Zitto said:

Arien said:

O.M.G GUYS. HOUSE OF CARDS SEASON THREE ENDING IS RIDICULOUS.

I am absolutely confident that spoilers are a bannable offense.  Don't even think about it.
    I just can't even comprehend. Zitto. You need to watch it, for reals. I can barely breathe after watching the end.

AND I WON'T GIVE AWAY SPOILERS, ARE YOU SERIOUS. WATCH IT NOW.
    -
    -
    I write things