What are you watching?

Comments

• Watching:
    Vikings
    Star Trek (All of them exceot enterprise)

Wanting to watch:
    Dr. Who (( so far behind its not hilarious.. last watched when it was Tenant)
    Sherlock ((damnit stat the next seasoin already!!)

• Best anime I've watched lately has to either be Durarara! or The Devil is a Part-Timer. Both are top notch and short enough series you can binge them in a weekend without being so short you go "Why didn't they just make this a movie?"
  • edited May 2015
    As part of my film club paper at university, we watched a 2005 movie called "Four Eyed Monsters" (able to be watched on Youtube at Youtube link here if anyone is interested - it was released under Creative Commons through youtube and VODO with Youtube agreeing to let it be uploaded as the first feature film to be actually RELEASED on the site.)

It was a VERY low budget 'movie', being filmed almost entirely on a Panasonic AG-DVX100 handheld camera (showing you don't NEED super-expensive equipment to make something) Very hard to describe the movie itself (but I'll try),  It portrays a relationship between two individuals who meet online, firstly communicating primarily through artistic and non-verbal means, then the differences when they shift to face-to-face interactions. It was not bad by any means (it actually won a few film festival awards) but was very slow moving in some parts.  Worth at least checking out.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Hey buds, Boxtrolls is on Netflix now. There's no longer any excuse not to have seen this gem.

(stay after the credits for more of the wonderful Richard Ayoade)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Netflix binge watching the following:

Good Eats
    Egypt Mini-series dramatizations
    Archer
    Miss Marple
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Finally finished watching season 3 of House of Cards. Goddamn.

• Lavinya said:
    Finally finished watching season 3 of House of Cards. Goddamn.

I knoooooww.

"Claire!"

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Just started the third episode of house of cards. Wow.
  • Tarkenton said:
    Just started the third episode of house of cards. Wow.
    It's so good. We should have a HoC watching party.
    Hannibal's back, y'all. Also a new Steven Universe drops every day next week. So excite!

Odd that those are my two favorite shows right now...
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    Hannibal's back, y'all. Also a new Steven Universe drops every day next week. So excite! Odd that those are my two favorite shows right now...
    I'm waiting for the first episode of Hannibal to appear somewhere. I really want to see what happens this first episode.
    Salome said:
    Daraius said:
    Hannibal's back, y'all. Also a new Steven Universe drops every day next week. So excite! Odd that those are my two favorite shows right now...
    I'm waiting for the first episode of Hannibal to appear somewhere. I really want to see what happens this first episode.
    http://www.nbc.com/hannibal/episode-guide/season-3/antipasto/301

Assuming you're talking about season 3!
    I used to make cakes.

• Oof. I started a bunch of new shows but have the attention span of a squirrel. I'm probably better off just showing what I'm watching these days.

Now I know this is a crapton of shows. Some are @Tremula 's and I didn't bother cutting them, some are @Iosen 's. But most are mine. I have the TV on most of the day as background noise while I sew >.> But I can still tell you, in detail, what is happening in each and every one of these shows.

• Daraius said:
    Salome said:
    Daraius said:
    http://www.nbc.com/hannibal/episode-guide/season-3/antipasto/301

Assuming you're talking about season 3!
    Primaveraaaaa! Possibly the trippiest episode since the one about the girl with the skin in s1!
    I watched Dark Skies because aliens still scare me. Then I watched Primer, because I needed to have my mind blown before I could sleep.

(Highly recommend Primer, y'all! It had a budget of like $7000, but it's super effective.)
    I used to make cakes.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I've just started watching Madmen. So far I'm really enjoying it. Everyone is a drunken whore.

• just finished stargate atlantis.

it's a tough act to follow.

what next?
    is dead like the dodo
  • Just finished season 1&2 of Lie to Me. The characters are interesting enough, but I mostly like it for the actual research they did into the physiological signs of lying... because I am a nerd.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    edited June 2015
    At the beginning of this thread I said I was waiting for Rick & Morty to return, and now we're only one month from that momentous day. I've been watching season one again in the meantime. If you like (often crude) humor, heavy sci-fi influences, and the kind of meta commentary you'd expect from Dan Harmon, this show is for you.

If you don't like those things, well...

I used to make cakes.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Is that Dr. Emmett Brown?

Anyway. As I seem to lag way behind the cooler people on the forums, I've been watching a lot of Supernatural lately.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    So Bojack Horseman got a second season, which I guess kind of surprises me, but I'm in. It can be pretty darn bleak, and it's unnerving that none of 'em have tails, but this dope just cracks me up.

I used to make cakes.

• Have finally gotten around to watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and boy, it's one hell of a ride so far.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    The husband and I have been watching Dragon Ball Z Kai, and just finished the Cell saga. We opted for Kai over the original series because we didn't feel like making a five billion episode commitment. Once we start on the Buu stuff, we'll be into parts of the show I never saw as a kid! Exciting.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited July 2015
    You are Beautiful is an adorable Korean drama about a nun in training who has to pretend to be her twin brother in a Korean boy band and it's the best most adorable thing ever. Pls watch.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    edited July 2015
    Daraius said:
    So Bojack Horseman got a second season, which I guess kind of surprises me.

I recant my skepticism. They nailed every episode, but the context of season one is essential so slog through the awkwardness if you have to. There's a callback  involving a phone  in the very last episode that killed me, and then it turns into the sweetest, most beautiful and charming moment I've ever seen. :x
    I used to make cakes.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I loved Bojack, happy to see more.

Steven Universe is another adventure time for me. I just must not get it, don't really care for it at all.
    Just saw Mad Max Fury Road last night. It's... Intense.

Also Rick and Morty is back and in fine form! Wubba lubba lub dub!
    I used to make cakes.

• Humans is pretty good.    Very BBCish though.  Meaning it has more of the aesthetic of a play and much less violence than an American series. 

Rick and Morty is damn well constructed with great hidden sight gags and references. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Finally finished the season finale of Orange is the New Black.

All I'm gonna say is..damn. Piper is cold.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I stick mostly to vintage stuff, mainly cartoons. The last few days I've watched.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
    Mighty Morphing Power Rangers (Important title significance), plus the movie.
    Transformers, random episodes.
    Thundercats.
    Batman The Animated Series.
    Spider-man (The 90s one)
    Plus some Yugioh. 4kids does/did good dubbing sometimes.

I'm not a hipster, I just watch what I want.