Custom titles.

So, how about a thread about titles and the best ones we've seen, or our own which we particularly like.

Haezon The Black

I chose Haezon's title because it's simple, straightforward and short. It doesn't have any other connotations, no claims of fanciness or gravitas. His skin is black, his soul is black, his eyes are black, Mother Night is black, so, he is Haezon The Black (This is also why he doesn't put his family name in the title, as it clashes with how it sounds).

Also follows the route of Elyan the White, Gandalf the Grey, etcetera.
Retired.

Comments

• I've thought long and hard about what would be a proper Nochtian title for Ria, only to end up at having no title seeming to be the best option. Titles are a functional thing for her, which is why she only has her guild position and surname in it. This might all change though should I have some good RP reason to put anything else in there.

Also I like @Haezon's title. Did indeed make me think of Gandalf when I first saw it. Short and simple, suits the Glomdoring if you ask me.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I don't need no stinkin' title

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I'm just the Mini-Anomoly because they don't trust me to not destroy Lusternia yet.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited September 2014
    I've always had Daraius use only his official titles and surname, because he would consider anything more or less to be misleading or disingenuous.

"Ambassador Shevat" just feels right, you know?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    My favorites are the one-word titles of the people who have earned the guild honour (but we still need to change @Turnus's!).
    Or when the centaurs called Ev "Brother", and he wore "Centaur Brother" as a title.
    Most of the time, he just wears one of his official titles.

As for my favorite titles of other people, the only one that comes to mind that has always stuck with me has been our good old "Rainbowmancer".
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I have a long title:

Supreme Commander Arimisia D'Cente, The Legion's Black Heart

Supreme Commander comes from my position in the ur'Guard, pretty straight forward that one

wear my family name as well

The Legion's Black Heart has a bit of a story though that ends up being rather befitting and if told in a story would be called foreshadowing.  When Arimisia left Serenwilde several years back, she was bitter. She over stayed just to kinda stick it to someone who wanted her to leave sooner.

Anyhow, got back to Mag, joined the ur'Guard and got to the rank that I could chose my own title and I became the Legion's  Black Heart. Legion for the Midnight Legion (and the ur'Guard begin the army and all that), Black Heart for being so bitter, Ari felt like her heart was made black from serenwilde. This was.. 2 maybe 3 years ago now (talking RL time). Fast-forward to December last year, Arimisia joins Morfyre's order and there, her title can be viewed as a totally different meaning. ^^
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Everiine said:

My favorites are the one-word titles of the people who have earned the guild honour (but we still need to change @Turnus's!).
    Or when the centaurs called Ev "Brother", and he wore "Centaur Brother" as a title.
    Most of the time, he just wears one of his official titles.

As for my favorite titles of other people, the only one that comes to mind that has always stuck with me has been our good old "Rainbowmancer".

Still waiting for you to come up with a title name for that besides just "Turnus the old". Hmph!

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Portius uses his positions as titles, both as an IC sort of thing based on his temperament and also as an aid to anyone who needs to find that job's holder. The prefix gets lord hyphenated onto it because he's a peer and of course he's going to show that off. This results in him just recently becoming "Lord-Professor Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora"
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Long ago when I was a Pyromancer, I used the title "Kissed by Fire", as I was a major Song of Ice and Fire Saga (Game of Thrones for you show fans) fanatic.

I got odd responses to it. I recall someone asking me "wouldnt that burn?"
  • For the longest time now, Ssaliss hasn't had a title. It's not so much because he doesn't have titles to choose from (merchant/chancellor/Night/SD-related titles all come to mind), but rather because he chooses not to display them. Besides, he's never really been much for titles; he gets rather antsy when people try to use titles when speaking to him. Not having a title on display helps with that.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited September 2014
    Aois-Dana Lavinya d'Murani, Chosen of Legion

Guild master title so the lower echelons know how to properly address me, and my DisOrder title becase who doesn't want to publicly show off that they are their god's favourite? :D

• I use only my official titles for much the same reasons as Daraius.

I didn't have a suffix for the longest time - being Loremaster is pretty sweet though.

Also, I quit being GC because I couldn't figure out a way to slap ur' onto The Queen's Own Torturer without it sounding REALLY REALLY REALLY DUMB. Y/w @Ilthilior. He just cheap'd it into ur'Torturer, though.
  • I used to just be Engineer Mal Shevat for a long time. Short, concise, and elegant.

As a bard, I can't decide between something completely over the top or wearing just my last name, like I have been doing for a while. I really like the "less is more" that comes from no title, but we'll see.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Turnus said:
    Still waiting for you to come up with a title name for that besides just "Turnus the old". Hmph!
    Well, "Grump" was on the table, too! (Seriously, help me out here, we have to be able to come up with something, right? We're both smart.)
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited September 2014

Also follows the route of Elyan the White, Gandalf the Grey, etcetera.

Oh there once was a hero named Ragnar the Red...

It's true, I really am you.