Aetherflares and Space: The War of Bubblixes

2»

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's also good to have your flashpoint be around the corner, especially if it's a small ship. That way, you don't drop in right in the line of fire of a potentially larger fleet.

Aethership combat potentially has so many layers of tactics. The sad thing is that they so rarely are utilized, due to the fact that in the majority of cases target and shoot shoot shoot is all you need (And in the other cases, it's inordinately hard to take down a ship that the tactics might as well not exist).
  • I have to agree with the majority here in that it is really about understanding flares and preparation. Yes, bixes conveniently allow someone to skip some of the preparation. However, apart from colossi, bixes only help if there's no opposition, or they're incapable/unwilling to seal the dock.

As to org events like flares:

As individuals, we will each have different opinions of what constitutes 'too many conflict systems'. I tend to have a long list of things I want to accomplish apart from flares, revolts, ect.

I just don't think there's a good way to balance this for people. If I'm two hours in a quest I don't want something happening, but also if I'm writing something I don't. On the other hand if I'm doing nothing how many RL days should I have to wait for something to happen?

I live in the Pacific Time zone and I still don't like when many of the anniversary events start.

I get insomnia and and sometimes I will be up much of the night for months. So I like that events happen around the clock. People outside the US play too and it already seems unfair that most major events are scheduled around US time.

I think at some point people have to draw their own lines and realize most of us can't do everything and then set one's own limits. If it makes one crazy to the point one doesn't want to log in, then perhaps the healthy thing is to not like it drive one crazy.

I dislike aether hunts. They leave a bad taste in my mouth. That said, if someone is busting their butt for my org and there's hunt to help them, I'll try to help.

But...I really dislike unintuitive ship layouts. If the person can't be bothered to lay out a ship to make it easy for me to find my way around then don't ask me to slivven.