What happened to Zouviqil?

ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
Hi.

You may or may not remember me, might not have met me. 5-6 months ago, I mysteriously vanished off of Lusternia, Skype, and from most of the internet. What in the world happened?

• I got hit back to back by two viruses thanks to drinking the tap water in Atlantic City. Do not make this mistake
  • I had a clot / TIA. This messed with my memory
  • Carpal tunnel on both sides, with a bonus of one numb/feelingless finger
So yes, I am typing this without my left pointer finger. You likely will not see me on Zouvi again, but perhaps on an alt. Why, you may be wondering, would I do this? Well. Look at that second bullet. Read it? Okay!

Here's what I remember about everything in game that I can remember off the top of my head

• Zouviqil - Some Viravain transformation thing, spiders, blood, related to someone named Hiriako and Avu? Had to be told her last name was Myeras. Didn't even remember that.
  • @Anita - Friend of Zouvi, until someone pointed out they had been married.
  • @Hiriako - Zouvi's dad. Lives in a forest.
  • Night - Shadowdancer great spirit thing. Called this "Darkness" in skype with some Lusternia players.
  • Crow - Called it Father Crow. You see where this list is going.
  • @Ssaliss - "Shop" and "History"
  • @Haezon - "Stage"
  • @Morkarion - Friend of Zouvi. Remember nothing about that @Karlach guy though, was informed they were the same person, confusion much.
  • @Astraea - Nightshade Matriarch
  • @Celina - Nightshade Matriarch, will toad people dead, "I am the night"
  • @Viravain - Spiders and roses, fun, awkward messages with bright colors about Shikari
  • @Nocht - Night and darkness
  • @Shikari - Death, slaughter, and bright colored messages about Viravain
  • @Rialorm - Leader of kitties or something
  • @Ried - Friendly with Zouvi and.. stuff?
  • @Crek - Also a friend of Zouvi? Candy.
  • @Alary - Friend of Zouvi?
  • @Tacita - unofficial fourth Glomdoring Divine or something
  • @Svorai - Runes
  • @Tarkenton - Bearwump? Was a friend of Zouvi's?
  • @Xenthos - dragon-levels of hoarding with artis and curios
  • @Maligorn - likes bears
  • @Maellio - fun convos (remember none of them)
  • @Kethaera - friend of Zouvi
  • @Arien - relative of Zouvi somehow
  • Glomdoring - Forest in the South
  • Serenwilde - Forest in the North
  • Moon - Sister spirit of Darkness (back when I thought Darkness was Night). Was told this is actually Mother Moon. Oops?
  • Stag - Father Stag, brother spirit of Crow. Welp. White Hart. Not father stag. Yeah...
  • @Carakhan - OMFG A MERMAID
  • @Isune - Colors! And fun RP
  • Celest - City of Angels
  • Magnagora - Hell in a Handbasket
  • Hallifax - Facts, Art, or gtfo
  • Gaudiguch - Volcanoes, fire, and harlots
  • Also, love is bad

That's it. That list, combined with my writing speed going down to 75 WPM from 90-100 WPM has resulted in me making an alt. I remember nothing about this game really as you can see. If you manage to find me, I'm not going to let you know. I'm sorry I don't remember much for those of you who still remember everything, but I'm sure that we all had fun together. I hope you've all been well and healthy and happy! Wish me luck in my journey to remember or relearn everything!

Comments

• oh gosh i'm so sorry. Amnesia must be *awful*. I'm so sorry this happened to you, Zouviqil. You were always such a great roleplayer and I hope you can grow into a role again.
  • Well, you did nail me down pretty well :D Shops describes me far better than anything else I can think of.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Marcella said:
    oh gosh i'm so sorry. Amnesia must be *awful*. I'm so sorry this happened to you, Zouviqil. You were always such a great roleplayer and I hope you can grow into a role again.
    Thank you, and it is! Your name looks really familiar for what it's worth. I'm guessing you say this because we've RPed together before. I think I'm growing into the new role I grabbed okay. I hope I am. I'm trying. I'm really sorry I don't remember anything about your character. For what little consolation it's worth, I remember most of the things relating to players, for the players I talked to. But I can't remember really game-y things. Some characters I remember the names of, others I don't. Had this issue with some stories I had started writing too. Sat down with 20,000 words of story I had started and just stared at it, trying to figure out what I was thinking or doing when I was writing it, where I was going with it... yeah.

No need to feel sorry. Comes with the territory of being me, it's not my first TIA, but it is the first time one borked my memory quite so hard. I'll be okay. :)
  • Agreed. Wow. It has taken me several minutes to come up with a reply to this. I can't even imagine having blanks in my memory about something as important to me as this game. That's...brutal, and unfair. But for me, personally, I am elated to see that you are recovering and have returned.

Also, if you had to remember one thing about me, I suppose that is the most appropriate.

Maligorn said:
    That's...brutal, and unfair. But for me, personally, I am elated to see that you are recovering and have returned.

Brutal and unfair - that's life! All I can really do is pick up and try again. When I realized what it was I had come to forget, I was super scared to return to Lusternia at all because I didn't realize right away I could make a new character. I was actually terrified to log into Zouviqil and find out people want me to remember all these plot things I don't remember anything about, worried that some Gods might try to RP with me and I wouldn't be able to respond. Scared me enough to not even talk to the Lusternians I'm back in contact with now, on Skype. I actually feel really bad about remembering so little, and I thought it would be the most unfair for me to return to a character where I remember nothing, where all the other characters around mine would expect her to remember things and probably be upset with her for being gone for so long. About a week ago I realized I could make an alt, and I was thinking about it. Then Hiriako inadvertantly convinced me to rejoin talking to the Lusternians on Skype, and then I decided I would make an alt. I'm rambling. Sorry.

Elation - thank you! It's a slow recovery filled with lots of headaches (literally) but I'm doing my best, and I hope I get to RP with everyone at some point. Okay, maybe not everyone, that might be a bit hard to manage. But with a lot of people.
  • Oh jeeze, I'm incredibly glad you're [relatively] okay. I had just last week wondered what had happened to you out of the blue and this was beyond anything I could have thought. If you just wanna chat at random I've got you on Skype still and'll drop you a line.

I do have to echo Maligorn's flattery that, of what you could remember of me, that was what you did. 

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

Maellio said:
    Oh jeeze, I'm incredibly glad you're [relatively] okay. I had just last week wondered what had happened to you out of the blue and this was beyond anything I could have thought. If you just wanna chat at random I've got you on Skype still and'll drop you a line.

I do have to echo Maligorn's flattery that, of what you could remember of me, that was what you did. 
    I hope I'm still good for conversation. Whenever I'm on and you're on at the same time, I'm up for conversation! Just let me know when so I don't interrupt you being busy with life.
  • edited October 2014
    Stage pretty much sums me up.

Good to see you back Zouviqil, and sorry to hear about all that unpleasantness. Just, wow, that is heavy stuff. I am touched however that you remembered us and the core things (In my case at least) that define us. Sounds like a good sign to me, and I wish you luck with your new character and OOC stuff you might be having difficulty with.

If you need help remembering what happened in the game, I'm sure many of us will gladly fill you in to satiate your curiosity.
    Retired.
    Haezon said:
    Stage pretty much sums me up.

Good to see you back Zouviqil, and sorry to hear about all that unpleasantness. Just, wow, that is heavy stuff. I am touched however that you remembered us and the core things (In my case at least) that define us. Sounds like a good sign to me, and I wish you luck with your new character and OOC stuff you might be having difficulty with.

If you need help remembering what happened in the game, I'm sure many of us will gladly fill you in to satiate your curiosity.
    Thank you. In a small way, my memory borking has been a blessing with this new character. I have 0 worries for even accidentally metagaming: I can't remember anything significant as Zouviqil!
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Siam and Zouviqil had plans together.

I'm glad to know you're okay and that you weren't kidnapped by aliens. <3
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Siam said:

Siam and Zouviqil had plans together.

I'm glad to know you're okay and that you weren't kidnapped by aliens. <3
    Seeing your name, here's what I remember about your character:

Insane.

Hi Siam. No aliens, sorry. They wouldn't want me anyway, they'd want a healthy specimen!
  • Zouzou D:

I'm glad to hear you're okay! May your many new first meetings with people be as delightful as your old! <3

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    You forgot about those plans you had to run off with Shaddus into the sunset. Seeing as you forgot, you should get started right away!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Aw :( Naime had always heard amazing things about Zouviqil so I was hoping to see you! But I really hope you have fun with your new person! Maybe the amnesia will clear!

best of luck Zou :)

It's true, I really am you.
  • Don't forget the 500 credits you owe me either, Zouviqil :P
    Retired.
  • Good to see you again Zouvi :)
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Just glad to hear from you, honestly. Was very worried about you.
    For those who were super worried about me (seems to be a few of you!) here's something to remember about me: I'm easy to break, but I'm hard to kill.

I am sorry I had y'all worried though.
    We're always worried about the awesome people!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Glad to see you are well and kicking.  Really sad that I didn't make that list for being a remembered person.  Not very important however.  I hope you get fully back up to speed soon, and just know that we all care for you, in character and out! 
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
    Gabriella said:
    Glad to see you are well and kicking.  Really sad that I didn't make that list for being a remembered person.  Not very important however.  I hope you get fully back up to speed soon, and just know that we all care for you, in character and out! 
    That list was off the top of my head. Seeing some names here helps.

For example, seeing your name now, I remember your character was related to my character. I do remember your actual name (instead of your character's), and I remember you had started a job that was eating up all your time for a while and leaving you completely exhausted, and that I was very concerned about you during that time.

Also, for some reason, I remember @Shaddus as "Multiple Personality Disorder". I am not really sure why.
  • My character is your character's Mama-bear-thing!  I'm glad you can remember even a little bit about me!

And Shaddus is probably remembered as that because he's the King of Alts.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
    Gabriella said:
    My character is your character's Mama-bear-thing!  I'm glad you can remember even a little bit about me!

And Shaddus is probably remembered as that because he's the King of Alts.
    I hope that if you're still in the same job it isn't eating up all your time, or at least that it's not making you as exhausted anymore. :)
  • My dear Zou! Please let me offer you my most humblest apologies for that damned amnesia. I will assist in any way I can to help your memory out. Arien is Zou's niece on Avu's side. And we dealt in some curios for a time. I'm so glad you made some announcements here, otherwise we wouldn't have known! I was wondering where you went, but I am so glad to hear that you are better and on the way to recovery.
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
    On a more serious note, you and I only really interacted in two ways. I played your daughter Asani for a too-short while, and Llewell was friends with you for the short while you were in Serenwilde.
  • There was a bit of interesting role-play between Haezon and Zouviqil, but I was reminded of a particular log you posted a while back (Because Vira actually calls Haezon 'Haezon the Black' and I was so chuffed).

Makes for good reading. Apart from that, you were just kind of strict and fair, especially afterwards.
    Retired.
    I have been reading and rereading this thread, hoping to remember whatever I can. 

@Haezon, thanks for the link to the log, I'll read it when I get home after college today. 

@Shaddus - thank you for telling me who you were, I just wish I could remember our actual in game interactions. 

@Saesh, not going to lie, I had trouble hitting like on your post and a few others. I don't want to seem like I'm being immodest by hitting like on a few, but at the same time, I do appreciate what you and others are saying. On that note, thank you (and the others) for the compliments.