The Great Pumpkin is coming

edited October 2014 in The Real World
Halloween approaches! What are you all going to be? I'm still trying to figure out my costume, but I think I've narrowed it down to some sort of wizard, a risque pumpkin, or Billy from Hocus Pocus (my roommate would of course play the role of Winifred). 

Also, enjoy this porcupine eating a gourd: 

Comments

• Some sort of wizard is always good. I'll be keeping it simple with fawn realness, since...I can really only do face paint at work. Through testing I've found that I may have a slight addiction to bronzer.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm going to be an overpaid, underworked Quality Control Inspector. We look like everyone else.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'ma be a lobo, go trick or treating with my kid and get some loot too (so long as it doesn't rain this year). New mask coming though! Next year! Mwhahah! now what outfit to wear with the mask is the real question.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Lisaera said:
    Billy from Hocus Pocus (my roommate would of course play the role of Winifred). 
    This was like my favourite movie as a kid, I remember the VHS tape it was on starting to show serious signs of wear. There's not really a tradition of dressing up for Halloween here but I now feel like tracking this one down and watching it again for great nostalgia feels.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Shaddus said:
    I'm going to be an overpaid, underworked Quality Control Inspector. We look like are everyone else.

Fixed it for you
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Since I haven't finished my Mandalorian armour yet, I'll reuse my simple Tenth Doctor costume.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    My son is all set to be the 11th Doctor. I might go as a slitheen in a human suit.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I shall be a male Mystique. BWAHHAHAHAHA.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I'm going to be a hard boiled detective. Trenchcoat and hat, oh yeah.
    Retired.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Against my better judgement, I made a raccoon mask. None of the craft or costume stores around me had the supplies the tutorial called for, so I had to improvise. With limited success.

Ended up spending like $20 but hey, I'll get a half price burrito at Chipotle for it. :|
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I went as Jules (Samuel L.) from Pulp Fiction, and my two friends went as Mia (Uma) and Vincent (Travolta).

Best costume I've ever done.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'm going to a parent herding a hyperactive three year old dressed as a knight.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm going to be Hatsune Miku, but I'm not exactly going anywhere. It's just fun to dress up in costume.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    My daughter is going to be batgirl, I was originally going to be superman and my wife, wonder woman, but lack of time has now resorted me to being Alfred

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Synkarin said:
    My daughter is going to be batgirl, I was originally going to be superman and my wife, wonder woman, but lack of time has now resorted me to being Alfred
    Should go as Clark Kent instead.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    That's a really good idea, going to use it

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    PICS, PEOPLE.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited October 2014
    It's 1:00 in the afternoon here!! One doesn't just wear a homemade raccoon mask in broad daylight.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Oh, there will be.  Especially since the three month old is going as a dragon.  Epic battle scenes with lens flare will abound.
    Siam said:
    PICS, PEOPLE.
    Seconded. :D

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Shikari said:
    I'm going to be a witch. (So basically, I will be myself, dressed in my own clothes and jewelry, with a $3 pointy hat from Target.)
    We'll take pics of that, too.