Quest for the Shinies!

This may have been asked before and I somehow missed it, so I'll ask it here.  Feel free to point me to the right post.

What is the most solid, quickest, and most time efficient method of making gold?

Are there certain quests I could look into?  (noting I am Serenwilde, that's fairly important)

Credits are kind've out of the question, for right now.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Since you seem to be a fighter instead of an influencer, I guess just hunt the right places? I don't know any of those right places though. Alternatively, get really good at a marketable skill and sell sell sell! Or make a shop. Or both!
  • Frankly, hunting tends to create much more gold than tradeskills do. Yes, even herbs. The main reason is the investment needed; to transcend a tradeskill (which is when it's the most profitable) you'd need to put 270 credits into it. Few tradeskills earn that back unless you're very devoted and ply it for a long time. Perhaps not at very low levels, but before too long, you won't be low level any longer and can then start hunting the bigger spots.

Not knowing your level or such kinda makes it harder to suggest hunting spots, but some spots that I like(d) are:

Ruins of Shallch (orcs). Sell the orcs to Krangar (or whatever his name is) below the ruins.
    Grey Moors (aslarans and krokani). Sell the krokanis to the aslaran warrior lady in the tent (Surtami?), and sell the aslarans to the krokani cook in the basement of the tower.
    Rocs in the western mountains. There's a person in the southwest of the roc caverns that buys the rocs.
    Spawns in the caverns of Hifarae just west of Seren. Can be sold to two different centaurs, also in Hifarae.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Take tattoos. Enjoy dmp, and charge people hilarious amounts for said tattoos. More of a one time per person sort of trade, but one of the better ones where you can ask for a decent cost for doing the work.
  • Yep hunting is probably the best way. The longer a beastie has gone without being killed the more gold it will carry. So if you are making the usual rounds you will need to sell the corpses to have it be profitable. 

If you go to strange far away places things tend to drop lots of dough, but then they are usually annoying to get to and are in fairly dangerous places.

• Tarkenton said:
    Take tattoos. Enjoy dmp, and charge people hilarious amounts for said tattoos. More of a one time per person sort of trade, but one of the better ones where you can ask for a decent cost for doing the work.
    What Tarkyton said.

But also this: Don't worry so much about gold. Focus on leveling. I've seen many people spend a week to try and get gold, where if they had spent the effort on leveling they'd find it so much easier to get gold.
  • Agreed.  Just bashing for an hour after the double exp ended, I got to 60 and made about 18k

Plus, credits, yo. Sold a few, made enough to take care of my needs.
  • with hunting do you mean vermin hunting?
  • Vermin hunting is probably among the worst ways to gather gold. Just regular hunting will probably get you far more, since there's no waiting for stuff to pop up.
  • mh. I should learn to hunt then.
  • Every so often, the i'Xiia (spelling?) Asylum does a fair share of gold, good experience, and a 'turn in' quest on the third floor.  BREAK TUBEs, kill parasites, turn in parasites to Ceria in the western corridor.  I think that if no one just FARMS them for a few hours, I make close to 12k+ per run.
  • Erebos said:
    Every so often, the i'Xiia (spelling?) Asylum does a fair share of gold, good experience, and a 'turn in' quest on the third floor.  BREAK TUBEs, kill parasites, turn in parasites to Ceria in the western corridor.  I think that if no one just FARMS them for a few hours, I make close to 12k+ per run.
    This is true for everywhere. The long something goes unkilled the more money it has. So it is important to learn as many different areas as possible and cycle them yourself so that if someone ends up in the same areas as you then you aren't suddenly doomed to not get anything.

@Euthymia: Your guild or city may have a scroll on where to hunt. There should be some books at the library as well. Probably outdated since new areas keep getting added but it is a start. And if all that fails just start exploring. Visit areas, see what you can kill there (always probe first for loyalties) and expand from there.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • ok thanks @Rialorm. I'll give it a go.