Aquachemantics Released!

Comments

• So who gets to be Starscream in this analogy? Isune?
  • edited December 2012
    Iytha said:

So who gets to be Starscream in this analogy? Isune?

Commune gods only.

And if you have to ask, you've obviously not heard Viravain sing.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Eventru said:
    So who gets to be Starscream in this analogy? Isune?
    Commune gods only. And if you have to ask, you've obviously not heard Viravain sing.

Can't wait to see when she betrays Shikari when he's injured. And throws him out the arethership.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Is anyone combing through the visions for clues about the other skills?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **

I have some suppositions that the cost is only to deter the nub-alt brigade, and as the rest of the skillsets are released it will gradually be worked down.

...I'm really an optimist sometimes, okay?

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:

I have some suppositions that the cost is only to deter the nub-alt brigade, and as the rest of the skillsets are released it will gradually be worked down.

What cost?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Eventru said:

What cost?
    There's been a fair bit of complaint over the platinum costs already.

I just heard "Wow, this is even more expensive than warriors!" to which I can but shake my head.  Silliness.  Nothing is more expensive than warriors!

• Eventru said:

What cost?
    The big initial investment of platinum. 50 for the amphora, 75 for a gilded chalice, then ~300 for the sheens and globes. Gets expensive if you're an actual novice.

That said, it's not really that bad, given that it's essentially a one time investment, like warrior weapons/armour are.
  • It's expensive for a tyke maybe, but with only a bit of effort they'll do just fine (true novices won't be doing it all at once, people who are tend to have sold credits for gold to afford creatives etc). It's not as though there's any shortage of platinum, either. Celest always has the option of setting up a fund for Aquas to help them.
  • Aquachemantics is not steam punk. It's magipunk.

I mean, the name spells it out for you: AquaCHEMantics. This is obviously wacky Alchemy using elementalistic powers. Or in Lusternia's terms, it's Highmagic Alchemy, instead of Lowmagic Alchemy (the tradeskill).

Magic cards ideas on how I see this, GO!

http://magiccards.info/scans/en/avr/42.jpg
    http://magiccards.info/scans/en/avr/45.jpg
    http://magiccards.info/scans/en/isd/52.jpg
    http://magiccards.info/scans/en/avr/54.jpg
    http://magiccards.info/scans/en/isd/61.jpg
    http://magiccards.info/scans/en/isd/78.jpg

• No, because I was just talkin' bout the communes.

Crap, shows what happens when I leave a form too long, I get ninjaed
    [BANNERCODE]
  • It's both 'chem' as in 'chemistry/alchemy' and 'chema(n)tics' as in 'schematics', I think.

• Akyaevin said:
    It's both 'chem' as in 'chemistry/alchemy' and 'chema(n)tics' as in 'schematics', I think.

Schemantics needs the "Schem" to actually be about schematics. Mantics comes from manteía, which is Prophecy. (Aquamancy, necromancy).

• Double posting because I'm a rebel like that

So, Aquachemantics is all about using liquid reagents that can be turned into mists, sheens, and globes. But, how do you think the other ones will be?

Here's my take

Geochemantics:
    Tainted salt reagents that turn into toxic fumes. They will probably use either Steel or Iron to combine their reagents to either shove big tainted ores into their flesh or something along those lines (their sheen). Something spikey will be their "globes". Instead of Amphora it will be some container to contain salts (urn?) and maybe a saltshaker instead of a chalice :D

Pyrochemantics:
    Oil reagents that turn into pyromantic smokes. Could use Gold to mix with the oils on their skin. Instead of Amphora they have a lantern to burn their oils.

Aerochemantics:
    I'm lost completely. Maybe they use silver? Something involving disks? A fan?

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    There is currently no way to stop the focused effects aside from shielding, apparently. That strikes me as a Bad Thing (tm).

All passive groups of effects are stoppable by either:
    1. Killing an ent
    2. Lusting/forcing off enemy list
    3. Protection scroll
    4. Violet/Kether/etc

Having some sort of preventative measure is necessary for balance, especially if you're gonna have them passively tick.
  • If you're going to add one, it should probably be protection scrolls.
  • My immediate thoughts:

On Bashing/Damage >  We complain divinus is by far and away the best bashing type and excorable sucks. So they get 100% pure divinus bashing and DMP against excorable? FAIL.

On Combat/PvP > I like the idea behind the set and it seems like a solid setup for telepaths. The other tertiaries appear to be lacking unless mists follow dreambodies, and even that is questionable. Overall WIN.

On Burst Damage> It sounds like the linking thing might need another look. Since 0 affs with full links is reported at 3K damage to enemies, and full links means you have at least 2 people able to do it.  Good but Needs tone down.

On Utility > It is interesting to say the Least. WIN.

On Flavour > Major Props. EPIC WIN.
  • edited December 2012
    Malarious said:
    My immediate thoughts:

On Bashing/Damage >  We complain divinus is by far and away the best bashing type and excorable sucks. So they get 100% pure divinus bashing and DMP against excorable? FAIL.
    It's not simply a pure divinus bashing attack, it costs (roughly 20 gold an attack, or 1/5th of a light essence). It's not a big cost, but it's an expense.

As always, I'm sure we'll see more bashing grounds tailored to other damage types in the future.

Or you can apply in the next Ephemerals round, and build one yourself!

(Oh the thought of Malarious building Raziela's Gardens just made me laugh out loud...)
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    More angel bashing grounds, please. I will excorable their faces off.

• edited December 2012
    Eventru said:
    Malarious said:
    My immediate thoughts:

It's not simply a pure divinus bashing attack, it costs (roughly 20 gold an attack, or 1/5th of a light essence). It's not a big cost, but it's an expense.

As always, I'm sure we'll see more bashing grounds tailored to other damage types in the future.

(Oh the thought of Malarious building Raziela's Gardens just made me laugh out loud...)
    Will believe it when we see it. The fact is, we have noted the horrible imbalance, and long before its fixed we not only add more we make it better.

The cost is negligible.

Me making Raziela's Gardens would be funny.

Honestly the reason I do not apply for ephemeral is I can do design/code but I am not an English Major my descriptions would be lacking compared to the Lusty's standards (a compliment to our writers).  And since building rooms is the first step.... yeah.
  • Malarious said:
    Eventru said:
    Malarious said:
    My immediate thoughts:

Will believe it when we see it. The fact is, we have noted the horrible imbalance, and long before its fixed we not only add more we make it better.

The cost is negligible.

Me making Raziela's Gardens would be funny.

Honestly the reason I do not apply for ephemeral is I can do design/code but I am not an English Major my descriptions would be lacking compared to the Lusty's standards (a compliment to our writers).  And since building rooms is the first step.... yeah.
    Icewynd was planned and designed before resist/weaknesses were, heh.
  • Iytha said:

Eventru said:

What cost?
    The big initial investment of platinum. 50 for the amphora, 75 for a gilded chalice, then ~300 for the sheens and globes. Gets expensive if you're an actual novice.

That said, it's not really that bad, given that it's essentially a one time investment, like warrior weapons/armour are.
    So.. sheens and globes persist then? How long do all these things last?
  • The aquachem mists work even if the aquachemancer is behind shield, supposedly to mimic aquamancer meld effects. As per @Shuyin 's post, though, aqua mists are only stoppable by shielding. Perhaps the mists could be changed to be blockable by Protection scroll and not by shielding (like regular meld effects)?
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • Blocked by love potion would be better imo.

• The aquachem mists work even if the aquachemancer is behind shield, supposedly to mimic aquamancer meld effects. As per @Shuyin 's post, though, aqua mists are only stoppable by shielding. Perhaps the mists could be changed to be blockable by Protection scroll and not by shielding (like regular meld effects)?
    As-is, I believe it's been stated that it is intentional that they're more or less unblockable sans shield/serpent.
  • If people are pushing to have Protection block it, it's kind of important to remember to give the skillset access to dissolve as well, as an aside.
  • So we have the same issue we did when gems came out?

And the sheens (passive effects when hit) can all be used at once on top of PhantomArmour?  Got enough replies to being hit? Or do those balance themselves out somehow?

The burst damage skill still nuts.

• Viynain said:
    If people are pushing to have Protection block it, it's kind of important to remember to give the skillset access to dissolve as well, as an aside.
    The same dissolve that lets melders essentially ignore protection scroll? 
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Protection blocking it would do nothing, yep.
  • Protection should give a % chance to block effects, checking the chance each time.  This gives the possibility to get everything to hit, but also a defense. Otherwise we are talking about requiring a limit on how many mists can be active at a time.