Aquachemantics Released!

Comments

• Yeah, I didn't mean "peace sheen" as in "the sheen named peaceful", but rather "the sheen that gives off peace" (which turned out to be lovers, but that's nearly the same).
  • It has some flaws, but I am confident they will be ironed out in no time flat.

Let us focus on the other stuff.

Woo another passive guild, but unlike bard their offense will stem from secondary+tertiary instead of focusing on primary.  (That was a good thing, not a bad thing, some of the active guilds are problematic).

Its neat and shiney and flavorful and chock full of fun.

Yay new shinies!  Cant wait for BT
  • One idea might be to give the affliction a very very minor delay before it hits, thus allowing a monk to get in all three hits before becoming peaced. They managed to do this with the joules in the Matrix. Originally they became spheres immediately, but by giving them a split second delay before becoming spheres, acquisitio would work on them.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

• Kiradawea said:
    One idea might be to give the affliction a very very minor delay before it hits, thus allowing a monk to get in all three hits before becoming peaced. They managed to do this with the joules in the Matrix. Originally they became spheres immediately, but by giving them a split second delay before becoming spheres, acquisitio would work on them.
    That was actually my thought as well. I was going to bring it up, but you beat me to it, heh. Preferrably across all sheens, so all those triggered still hit at the exact same time, but if it's doable, it should be vastly preferrable to just "do it on the first hit" which hinders Psionics-users, monks and knights more than people who just use their one attack (after all, lovers will be cured by the time they get balance back and are able to attack again).
  • edited December 2012
    If you have genuine questions about Aquachemantics, I am totally open in game for spars...As are the other mages. Neos is actively sparring and showing the skillset. I think Placeus is floating around now. I am always available to show. 

As for sheens and globes, I am still trying to figure out the rate in which they fire. I went against a monk, and it did not seem to flare that often. I wish I could find percentages... But the adjuvants are powerful, yes, but can easily be negates with love or shielding. Should also note they are delayed actions that activate after about ten seconds. 

Anyways, poke us in game for a spar so you can get an idea! Always happy to help.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Yeah the delay on Adjuvents looks like a pretty significant limiting factor 1v1. Is it like meteor and you can hinder during the delay or like judge where you have to pause? That being said...the fact that you can stretch them across the entire area and blend with melds for extra damage and stack with Maelstrom/pollute/whatever that breaks shields.

I mean, all it's going to take is 1 good melder and some minions who can respond to triggers and you'll be able to insta gank anyone beyond even what Fillin was doing. Which anyone who was unfortunate to have to deal with Fillin's nonsense knows it was pure crap, unskilled single button mashing and I really hope it hasn't become the cool new thing in these new skillsets.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Celina said:

Yeah the delay on Adjuvents looks like a pretty significant limiting factor 1v1. Is it like meteor and you can hinder during the delay or like judge where you have to pause? 

Transfixing doesn't interrupt adjuvants, but that's all I had the patience to test at the time.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Celina said:

Yeah the delay on Adjuvents looks like a pretty significant limiting factor 1v1. Is it like meteor and you can hinder during the delay or like judge where you have to pause? That being said...the fact that you can stretch them across the entire area and blend with melds for extra damage and stack with Maelstrom/pollute/whatever that breaks shields.

I mean, all it's going to take is 1 good melder and some minions who can respond to triggers and you'll be able to insta gank anyone beyond even what Fillin was doing. Which anyone who was unfortunate to have to deal with Fillin's nonsense knows it was pure crap, unskilled single button mashing and I really hope it hasn't become the cool new thing in these new skillsets.

Personally, I'm waiting to see the deathsight when Aquas instakill everyone on Astral simultaneously during Ascension by linking their whole guild at the Pool.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I do have a problem when I can totally lock down an opponent and their offensive continues on me, unstoppably. Even through blind which no other effect currently works through. 
  • Sorry, I was under the idea that the "Peacful" sheen afflicted with peace. I'm wrong on that, it appears. I didn't realise that the lovers affliction given by the "Ardent" sheen does that same effect, though.

If you give pacifism or peace to the "Peaceful" sheen on top of keeping lovers from the "Ardent" sheen, though, you're going to screw over monks and one-handed warriors (and tk/tp mages). I've already mentioned that I know monks do not proc on-hit effects more than a mage or a two-handed warrior. From the very start, my objection has been to the combo-breaking effect of them. If the "Ardent" sheen has the same proc rate as Harmony's passive peace on-hit effect, then I have a lot of experience fighting them. I do not know how well they will mesh with mists and all, but I suspect that the unstoppable/uncounterable aspect of these skills will make fighting against this class highly frustrating at the very least.

I will definitely be looking to spar and find out for myself the new effects, I'm sure most combatants are looking to do that. Just from reading this thread, I've learnt things and corrected some of my assumptions, am ready to look out for possible problems predicted by other combatants as well. I cannot see theorycrafting as anything other than beneficial in this case.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited December 2012
    I wholeheartedly believed Glevich when he said that Peaceful afflicted with peace, just because...well. It's called PEACEful. I'm not sure that ego drain really makes sense given the name (the message is alright, though) but pacifism would seem just a bit over the top with lovers as well.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    A few very early thoughts:

Mists work while crucified :(

Dare I say it... the divinus attack might be weaker then an Aqua's staff.

Lots of recklessness with TK.

I think it might be halfway decent with Runes and getting Death prophesy, but Telepathy is the way to go nowadays, for most mage Guilds. They had some nice buffs recently.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Silvanus said:
    but Telepathy is the way to go nowadays, for most mage Guilds. They had some nice buffs recently.
    wut
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited December 2012
    Telepathy's always been absurdly powerful if you're willing to be creative/cheap about it. We've been around this block a bunch of times, and you've admitted each of those times that you have options that are crushingly powerful, but just don't use them because you find them unfair. TP is crazy-strong if you're willing to approach it from an unconventional direction and use a little creativity. It just isn't that hot if you try to do it the 'right' way... well until now. It looks like the new aqua spec is aimed to make TP effective even for the boringly uninspired.
  • Celina said:
    And can we take a look at all this bleeding? Why are Aquamancers suddenly a bleeding guild? I don't get it, 500-700 up to 2000 in a single attack to all enemies? That's crazy! Glomdoring can't even put out those numbers and we're designed around bleeding and mana drains.
    The issue of aquachemantic bleeding has now been resolved!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Silvanus said:

Mists work while crucified :(

They work while asleep too!
  • It's not really all that hard to just have things on a timer and mitigate when they are due to hit. I think with some cleverly timed on/off love potion, some of the negative effects can be mitigated.
  • Neos said:
    Silvanus said:
    but Telepathy is the way to go nowadays, for most mage Guilds. They had some nice buffs recently.
    wut

wut

MOORRVIIIOOOORRR
  • edited December 2012
    After days of pouring essence into a fountain she had constructed, the Aquamancers found themselves in possession of a rare and previously thought impossible thing - a rift directly from the Prime Material Plane to the Elemental Plane of Water, without a Nexus of Power as a conduit.

Poor Xion. Always overlooked.
  • Akyaevin said:
    After days of pouring essence into a fountain she had constructed, the Aquamancers found themselves in possession of a rare and previously thought impossible thing - a rift directly from the Prime Material Plane to the Elemental Plane of Water, without a Nexus of Power as a conduit.

Poor Xion. Always overlooked.
    Admittedly Xion is neither Prime nor mortal built

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• edited December 2012
    The Xion quest allows a mortal to use a seed to forge a one-way rift directly to Earth or Water from Prime.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Xion's is also unstable/temporary, and not a rift but rather a beacon that teleports you when you touch it or something, iirc.
  • The sum of my concerns isn't about aquachemantics at this point, but whatever the Hartstone and Blacktalon are going to get. Both are responsible for practical forestry, and the abilities they rely on for that are almost exclusively in druidry.

Saplings and mulching: will we get these abilities? If it's a matter of balance, maybe with the stipulation that they're ineffective in another druid's demesne? This would keep the maintenance aspect but minimize the combat effect.

Totems, runes and bonding: bonding is in stag and crow, so that's not a big concern. Totem carving and the ability to tune and affix runes is. I really can't see a reason why the new skill wouldn't include those..

And finally, the nature talisman: will it still be a sickle, go back to the wooden talisman, or maybe be something new entirely?

I'm being totally patient, by the way. Just pre-emptively bringing these up. :D
  • Meae said:
    The sum of my concerns isn't about aquachemantics at this point, but whatever the Hartstone and Blacktalon are going to get. Both are responsible for practical forestry, and the abilities they rely on for that are almost exclusively in druidry.

Saplings and mulching: will we get these abilities? If it's a matter of balance, maybe with the stipulation that they're ineffective in another druid's demesne? This would keep the maintenance aspect but minimize the combat effect.

Totems, runes and bonding: bonding is in stag and crow, so that's not a big concern. Totem carving and the ability to tune and affix runes is. I really can't see a reason why the new skill wouldn't include those..

And finally, the nature talisman: will it still be a sickle, go back to the wooden talisman, or maybe be something new entirely?

My predictions:
    Treechemancers will not get mulch and will have to use axes when they want trees chopped.
    They will not get totem carving/rune affixing. Much like Stag/Crow warriors, they will have to get someone with druidry to do it for them on any totem they want to bond.
    The druid's Chalice-equivalent will function as a talisman for the purposes of using Nature skills, just like a Cudgel would. Their talisman may or may not turn into their amphora equivalent.
  • edited December 2012
    I really really hope they'll get access to totem-carving... It's enough of a pain to find Blacktalon to carve without half (or more) of them having Treechemancy instead of Druidry.
  • Iytha said:
    Meae said:
    The sum of my concerns isn't about aquachemantics at this point, but whatever the Hartstone and Blacktalon are going to get. Both are responsible for practical forestry, and the abilities they rely on for that are almost exclusively in druidry.

My predictions:
    Treechemancers will not get mulch and will have to use axes when they want trees chopped.
    They will not get totem carving/rune affixing. Much like Stag/Crow warriors, they will have to get someone with druidry to do it for them on any totem they want to bond.
    The druid's Chalice-equivalent will function as a talisman for the purposes of using Nature skills, just like a Cudgel would. Their talisman may or may not turn into their amphora equivalent.
    I hope you're wrong on points 1 and 2. Hope, being the key word. Sometimes, ct elder here yields disappointing silence. Could be icky if not-quite-druids can't at least carve.
    I hope it doesn't, honestly. Just out of spite. Just so it's really, painfully clear how bad of an idea this whole thing is.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I hear Stagomancers turn into Treants, and Crowmancers turn into Treants with crownests attached to the top.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • And they also throw living sapplings into the next room. These saplings run at you if you get out of the room and explode upon contact, dealing some damage to every enemy on the room.