Dirty player secrets

Comments

• Marcella said:

By not being around when Zenos buffed the entire trill race and ordered them to slaughter all illithoid and viscanti and bring them to him to eat.

How cool is that? Probably not from a Magnagoran standpoint, but Don was a Celestian. Zenos is so badass, Kethuru is old news.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Again, HOW DID I MISS THIS? Was this during one my breaks from Lusternia? I am sad :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • No one was kicked out of Celest for being trill- they were, however, barred from linking to the Pool of Stars since they were being empowered by Zenos and that might have caused problems. They were also strongly discouraged from taking part in activities like hunting and influencing that took advantage of their new status until it all got sorted out.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited February 2015
    Demigod trill were Ice Angels, everyone else was just a scrubby Frost Trill.

Man. Phoebus raising hell when Tulemrah and I tilted ourselves as Guardians of the Icewynd...she was 'Angel of Efficacy' (because great bureacrating!), I don't remember what I was. OHHH THE DRAMA WAS GOOD THO.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Hilarious was every second person buying daggers of reincarnation and changing to Trill for those couple of days of buffed stats. Totes worth 100 credits, right?

(I was loling at them)

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lavinya said:

Hilarious was every second person buying daggers of reincarnation and changing to Trill for those couple of days of buffed stats. Totes worth 100 credits, right?

(I was loling at them)

I never quite figured out why people thought it was a good idea to do that, either.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    gogo cameo

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tridemon said:

No one was kicked out of Celest for being trill- they were, however, barred from linking to the Pool of Stars since they were being empowered by Zenos and that might have caused problems. They were also strongly discouraged from taking part in activities like hunting and influencing that took advantage of their new status until it all got sorted out.

Then there was the whole thing where Eventru was going to kick all the trill out of His order, and when the Cantor GM (who was a trill) complained about being treated like crap, Eventru almost unpatroned their guild.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Eritheyl said:

Demigod trill were Ice Angels, everyone else was just a scrubby Frost Trill.

Man. Phoebus raising hell when Tulemrah and I tilted ourselves as Guardians of the Icewynd...she was 'Angel of Efficacy' (because great bureacrating!), I don't remember what I was. OHHH THE DRAMA WAS GOOD THO.
    Finally someone explains the different to me between frost trill and ice angels! Anyway, they were the shit.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited February 2015
    And they had 25 IN EVERY STAT.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Qistrel said:

And it was glorious.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    And some people were silly enough to buy daggers to reincarnate into ice angels. I laughed when the event resolved a couple days later.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Siam said:

Qistrel said:

And it was glorious.
    In other words... trill master race.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Ice Angels. BEST RACE EVER,
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I didn't seduce the mugwumps because I think they're gross... :-S
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

• Mag-Halli
    Celest-Glom
    Seren-Gaudi

Probably never happen...but that would be so fun and exciting and different and I wouldn't be so opposed to Seren warring with Celest. Not because I don't love them but because it would be fun. So basically I'm saying...do this. Heh. Pleeeeease do this?

@Taevyn ^ See? I wanted it this way. :P
  • I miss Lusty a lot but the biggest reason I have so much trouble returning is becaaaaauuuuuuse:

I actually don't know how to play this game. Like, no idea. I was lucky enough to start during a fairly booming time in Hallifax's culture, so there were plenty of people around. I have some mild writing talent, so through letters and paperwork and research, I was able to philosophically roleplay myself up to CR3 and GR5. Someone else even volunteered me for professor status. (Though I'm pretty sure that's since lapsed.)

And don't get me wrong, I think it's very valuable that such things are a valid way to progress!

But the upshot of it is now I'm a 100 year old odd character with a high rank that makes it look like I know what I'm doing. But actually I got to level 78 by exclusively bashing joules and Air, over and over and over again. I don't have any idea where else to go or how to find my way around or what to do once I even get there. And since I've so successfully conned people into considering me competent, most questions I try to sneak in get answered briefly. ("Try Undercaverns." "Oh, yes. Of course. Silly me.")
    At least I can feel confident I contributed a whole lot of power to the city!

Oh, and to top it all off: I miss @Zvoltz a ton. He gave Azureus the biggest of chances.
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    @Azureus

I think your problem is more common than you think, especially with how much the mechanics in Lusternia change (nevermind the rate at which new purchaseables are added and influence things). I wouldn't worry about it too much and lean on the older (active) players you can find to help, else there's nothing wrong with making an alt to be a "newbie" again.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited March 2015
    Aww come back. Talk about Hallifaxian culture booms... No better time to get back in the swing of things. Plus you can always play the 'been asleep so long I don't know what's what' card and ask all the questions you want.

Tbh I'm pretty lousy at a lot of the "gameplay" aspects too. I don't know anything about dmp, don't know how to get a lot of buffs, or where to hunt really, etc. But a lot of that stuff's been kind of boring for me for a while now, so I just RP and do Ambassador things instead.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I hear the newbie process is much worse these days, at the risk of stirring things up.

Now that I've outted myself here, I'll try to be more vocal about bugging the other Hallifaxians when I'm around.
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Azureus said:

I miss Lusty a lot but the biggest reason I have so much trouble returning is becaaaaauuuuuuse:

I actually don't know how to play this game. Like, no idea. I was lucky enough to start during a fairly booming time in Hallifax's culture, so there were plenty of people around. I have some mild writing talent, so through letters and paperwork and research, I was able to philosophically roleplay myself up to CR3 and GR5. Someone else even volunteered me for professor status. (Though I'm pretty sure that's since lapsed.)

And don't get me wrong, I think it's very valuable that such things are a valid way to progress!

But the upshot of it is now I'm a 100 year old odd character with a high rank that makes it look like I know what I'm doing. But actually I got to level 78 by exclusively bashing joules and Air, over and over and over again. I don't have any idea where else to go or how to find my way around or what to do once I even get there. And since I've so successfully conned people into considering me competent, most questions I try to sneak in get answered briefly. ("Try Undercaverns." "Oh, yes. Of course. Silly me.")

Oh, and to top it all off: I miss @Zvoltz a ton. He gave Azureus the biggest of chances.

You have no idea how not-alone you are. Elemental planes are basically the only place I feel comfortable, and only JUST RECENTLY have I let myself expand to include other places.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I remember the day I became an undersec for the first time, but secretly didn't even know how to get to anywhere but Nil, the city and the Balach swamp. I must have been convincing enough in knowing my Nihilist RP but I was sure clueless about everything else. I just followed people places. Leaving the city was terrifying, creatures would kill me or players would jump me. >_>

To be fair, I've been playing since Beta and I still don't know how to play this game.

This is a game?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Remember what the Fates said in the book of Meridian.

• Maligorn said:

Azureus said:

I miss Lusty a lot but the biggest reason I have so much trouble returning is becaaaaauuuuuuse:

You have no idea how not-alone you are. Elemental planes are basically the only place I feel comfortable, and only JUST RECENTLY have I let myself expand to include other places.
    Tylwyth is right there with you. Until quite recently he jsut hunted in the planes and the Forest, and other than the aetherplex, didn't really go places. It wasn't till the recent implosion that he's really come out of that shell. Gotten his GR4and CR3? CR2? and done the epic.
    PErsonally I"d just be frank, and ask people to take you places. Use Path ROOMNUM toge tthe Path walkking numbers.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Ev is known as one of the knowing-est people in Serenwilde, but I'm with you, too--after a certain point, when demigod-area after demigod area got released, I sorta stopped "going out there", and there is now so much I the player don't know.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Pretty much any areas releases in like the past year I've no clue how to reach. I just know vaguely about them. It's so hard to keep up especially once you start getting behind.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
    edited March 2015
    I think a lot of the problem is that pockets (those little, over the weekend events comprised of a small area) are generally easily forgotten, or there's no real reason to ever go to them, keep showing up. I mean, who really ever goes into the Plaxios Lowlands? Who knows what the people are doing who live on the Estengare, or who really ever helps the bloodthirsty pilgrim?

Don't get me wrong, there was probably a lot of thought put into these places, they're just not places people will frequent or remember.
    I don't even recognize the name "Plaxios Lowlands"...