Looking for help describing an image.

I'd really appreciate it if someone can help me convert this logo/crest image into descriptive text.

Here is what I have so far.

Three crows fly in an upright triangle over a branching bush who's roots are embedded into a spherical termite's nest. The mostly bare branches, fan out beneath the word "Treeripper" written in a stylized cursive, while the the word "Tribe" is similarly written just below the spherical nest of tangled roots.

I'm trying to find a way to shorten it, so I can use it in item descriptions, and also a way to make it longer so I can turn it into a painting in my manse.

Really appreciate the assistance.

Comments

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    This may not be a particularly helpful suggestion, but, why not have a tapestry (or painting as you suggested) in an easily accessible area of your manse or a cape you walk around wearing with a very detailed, clear depiction of it, and then in other designs call it "the Crest of Treeripper" or something?

Also, in your description offered, I believe you mean "whose". The word "who's" is a contraction formed of "who" and either "is" or "has". The initial comma (after the word "branches") should not be there in the second sentence. Also, make sure to convert that "stylized" into the British-y "stylised"!
  • So simple I wonder why I didn't think of it....

"TheTreeripper Crest"  (why not make it even shorter? :P)

Oh, your idea of a cape gave me a great idea, I'll make a standard! (Is there a way to extend how long they last?

So the standard would be something like:

a standard bearing the Treeripper crest

a golden standard lies here, with the prints of tuarian hooves trodden upon it.

A golden cloth hangs upon a stable ravenwood pole. Upon the cloth is an image of the Treeripper Crest. Three crows fly in an upright triangle over a branching bush whose roots are embedded into a spherical termite's nest. The mostly bare branches fan out beneath the word "Treeripper" written in a stylised cursive, while the the word "Tribe" is similarly written just below the spherical nest of tangled roots.

Am I missing any important details? Does the paragraph let you see the image?
    First of all, taurian, not tuarian. :)

Secondly, I think it would be more effective to remove the second sentence of the description... actually, using yours as a base...

Short: a standard bearing the Treeripper crest
    Long: A golden standard lies here with the prints of taurian hooves trodden upon it.
    Extended: 
    A golden cloth with intricate black embroidery hangs upon a stable ravenwood pole. The embroidery depicts three crows flying in an upright triangle over a branching bush whose roots are embedded into a spherical termite nest. The mostly bare branches fan out beneath the word "Treeripper" written in stylised cursive, while the word "Tribe" is similarly written just below the spherical nest of tangled roots. The uniformity of the design implies some greater meaning than what is plainly observed.

Okay that last sentence isn't great, but it's something, a sentence like that I feel should be there, but you can disregard it.
  • I like it, whats wrong with the last sentence that makes it not great? :D
    Daganev said:
    I like it, whats wrong with the last sentence that makes it not great? :D
    Not much confidence in my own designs. If you like it, feel free to use it!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    That's the same solution we came up with for the 'Sign of Hart'. I know what it is, and can explain it to you, but it's tedious to do so every time.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I like to think of it as very similar to the sign of the Aquila from Warhammer (Which I found out cause was reading everything written by Dan Abnett because Guardians of the Galaxy).

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited December 2014
    It was originally intended to be a variation of the Vitarka Mudra: right hand raised to the level of the chest, palm forwards, thumb folded over downturned middle finger to form a ring, remaining fingers upright but relaxed. In Buddhist tradition, this signifies the compassionate teaching and discussion of Dharma, as well as related debate.

I didn't pay much attention to it afterwards though, and the actual emote didn't turn out exactly as expressed/intended, so I dunno. I had a whole conceptual thing about how a particularly... Seren dance would look kind of like Bharatanatyam (classical Hindu/Indian dancing), a kind of earthy, spiritual dance full of significant hand signs, telling the stories of nature through the bodies of the performers. The 'Sign of the Hart' being one of those signs, an important one connecting the idea of Hart to discourse by blending RL meanings.