Simple Ideas

Comments

• Pretty please with a cherry on top, can beasts be able to return to the stables as long as they are on the same plane as the stables that they're registered to? I often log out in my manse, where my stables are, and come back to my beastie losing a level. Fair enough if you leave it on Astral, it can't return to an aethermanse stables, or leave it in an manse, it can't return to prime etc, etc.

Yes, I know I can set up a trigger to combat that before I QQ, but there are a lot of people who forget their beasties unintentionally - mostly on the prime plane where they are housed!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I know that pretty much any summonable ent will "reset" if it is not following someone after a certain amount of time, including custom beasts (if I leave Ilistala in a different room for a bit I have to beast summon her again because she went back to the stables).

Do regular beasts not do this?  Or is it a matter of not having enough feed so they die before they automatically return?  If the former, that would seem to be the easy fix, make them work like other ents.
  • Actually, I'm not sure about that now. I should test that with my eagle. You're probably right in saying that it happens due to the feed running out more than a timeout as such, though.
  • afaik beasts only reset to their stables if they're collared/custom beasts... or they somehow die. Regular beasts will remain where they are left until their feedbag is empty, then keel over at the next midnight, lose a level, and return to the stables. That, being intentionally slain, or manually returned to the stables are the only ways for a beast to return home.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • edited June 2017
    Ok, revision to the idea: someone mentioned increasing the feedbag capacity from 4 to 12 - please :)
  • Some new beasts (particularly fitting for a very tall dwarf would be nice). :)
    Like:
    - Pygmy goat
    - Warthog
  • edited July 2017
    Yacsee said:
    Some new beasts (particularly fitting for a very tall dwarf would be nice). :)
    Like:
    - Pygmy goat
    - Warthog
    @Yacsee War goats can be gotten from Southgard village, like 84k ish gold.

Here's what mine turned out like:

Gnawing on the leather bit of her reins, a ginger, spirited war goat with curving rainbow broken horns waits here.

This ginger goat is a strong, muscled creature with a dirty, knotted fleece and curving rainbow broken horns. Yellow eyes gleam spirited above her protruding snout, and a straggly beard hangs about her chin. Regally surveying her surroundings, the goat chews down on the bit of the reins with her jaw line twitching, covered in filthy bits of wiry hair, drool soaked and stained. A worn leather saddle has been fitted securely beneath the goat's shoulders, and barbed stirrups dangle from it. She is called 'Vivacia.'

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • edited July 2017
    Would it be possible to get a different command to go with CURIOMARKET REVIEW SELL, like.. CURIOMARKET REVIEW SELL < your listed sell number> CHANGE TO <number> <credits|gold|etc etc>.

I have completed curios listed for sale, but I'd like to change the price on a couple rather than taking them down and losing out on the 5k again.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I know this used to be a hot topic before, but I really think artifact wands (including wand of vines) should not need to be wielded to use.
    As it is right now, all this forces you to do is quickly wield and unwield and make for spammier aliases with no real cost or necessity.
  • Allow Brewmeisters to Chill drinks other than teas: ale, mead, wines, gin etc.

Also, to chill kegs (unless this is already possible).

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
  • Aeldra said:
    Something small but a QoL improvement for me and all the other beast crazy people out there:

STABLE PAY ALL 36

pay fees for all your beasts in this stable up to the specificed amount of months.
    I set up a reflex to do this but it is VERY messy
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    I have like 17 beasts to pay, think of the poor things! And my spam.
    Dear IRE, please let me log in to your website and the forums: I am now down to just this one computer signed in.  Everything else has timed out.  When this computer reboots after Patch Tuesday hits it I will be very sad. :(
  • Daraius said:
    Wondering if something like this would appeal only to me, but here goes:

DEEPLOOK: look deeply at someone to see details about their appearance not visible at a glance.

Works just like look, or examine, but shows you someone's optional second description (set with DESCRIBE DEEPSELF or something ) that contains more detail than they might put in a regular description. Crucially, it gives a second and third person message, so the target and everyone in the room will see you being creepy.

My theory is that people who bother to set a second description and people who bother to look for them are the kinds of people who like RP hooks in character descriptions. Like, if I have a scar that's only visible if you look closely, that's probably a point of conversation. The creepy factor also amuses me.  :#
    I feel like this might not be used at all (instead of people just putting it in their normal description.).
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited July 2017
    Wouldn't be the first underused RP feature.  :D
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Daraius said:
    Wouldn't be the first underused RP feature.  :D
    Or the last.  If it's not a large resource / time hog and some people would get use out of it, seems worth at least looking into.
  • What if regular descriptions were kept under 8 lines with the possible inclusion of DEEPLOOK? Some folks really love long descriptions, but sometimes you also need to see what someone looks like on the fly. I keep mine short, around 6ish lines, because it's more important to me for folks to get to the end of the dang thang. Either way, sounds cool!

Also, could we please get one linebreak between the description and "She is wearing.." if we're going under the hood? Big time QOL improvement! :smiley:
  • Chirbi said:
    What if regular descriptions were kept under 8 lines with the possible inclusion of DEEPLOOK? Some folks really love long descriptions, but sometimes you also need to see what someone looks like on the fly. I keep mine short, around 6ish lines, because it's more important to me for folks to get to the end of the dang thang. Either way, sounds cool!

Also, could we please get one linebreak between the description and "She is wearing.." if we're going under the hood? Big time QOL improvement! :smiley:
    Clothing changes are coming Soon™. I agree about the brevity. It's nice to be able to give people a general idea (because who wants to spend four minutes reading every single time they see someone?) and the option for a closer look if there's a particular interest.
    Oh no, what have I unleashed. I don't know if I could abide restricted description lengths. :'(
    I used to make cakes.

• Oh, to clarify, I don't necessarily think they should have reduced limits. I just like the idea of having the option to put the longer version in a separate place. But only as an option. In fact, I don't think I would like being required to have two separate descriptions.
  • edited July 2017
    I like the idea of this, I really do, but judging by what some people put in their main descriptions and personal histories already I think I'd need a stiff drink before working up the courage to look deeply at anybody in an IRE game. I feel like for 50% of people who use it you're either going to find yourself looking at some reference to their ass, titties, or genitalia, or into their eyes and find the ghosts of genocide, sexual violence, and/or Chosen-One-itis looking back.

ETA: As an aside, could the emote just fail silently, please, if the target hasn't set a deep desc?
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Having a way to take -everything- out of a container and being able to move containers somehow would be great. Source: moving my armoire from one room to another was a living nightmare of typing 50 different nouns :( 
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    Might have been easier to change the rooms themselves.  :p
    I used to make cakes.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Daraius said:
    Might have been easier to change the rooms themselves.  :p
    Normally I would've done that, but in this case it wasn't really possible. Besides, I feel like being able to empty a container completley would be a useful feature ( like GET ALL FROM CHEST )
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    something like EMPTY <whatever> should take everything out of that container and put it into your inventory.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Not so simple but, crafting directly from your rift would be nice. 

• Orventa said:
    Not so simple but, crafting directly from your rift would be nice. 
    Yes PLEASE. Maybe it could try anything in your hands first (in case someone has given you the comms for their item).
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Kerith said:
    Chirbi said:
    What if regular descriptions were kept under 8 lines with the possible inclusion of DEEPLOOK? Some folks really love long descriptions, but sometimes you also need to see what someone looks like on the fly. I keep mine short, around 6ish lines, because it's more important to me for folks to get to the end of the dang thang. Either way, sounds cool!

Clothing changes are coming Soon™.
    Oh? For people like me who are chronically out of the loop, what's in store?