Simple Ideas

Comments

• Rivius said:
    Kerith said:
    Chirbi said:
    What if regular descriptions were kept under 8 lines with the possible inclusion of DEEPLOOK? Some folks really love long descriptions, but sometimes you also need to see what someone looks like on the fly. I keep mine short, around 6ish lines, because it's more important to me for folks to get to the end of the dang thang. Either way, sounds cool!

Also, could we please get one linebreak between the description and "She is wearing.." if we're going under the hood? Big time QOL improvement! :smiley:
    Clothing changes are coming Soon™.
    Oh? For people like me who are chronically out of the loop, what's in store?
    I don't remember everything @Ianir said (it was like two months ago and I've slept a lot of times since then), but it included clothing being on separate lines. This would be toggle-able but only by the wearer (the person you're looking at), so people whose clothing already takes up half your screen could toggle it so they take up seven screenlengths. I do kinda wish it was the viewer's choice, not the wearer's.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited July 2017
    That sounds exactly like what I've always wanted for descriptions :D  I assume this will also apply to artis?
  • edited July 2017
    Rivius said:
    That sounds exactly like what I've always wanted for descriptions :D  I assume this will also apply to artis?
    Yeah, so, there's a limit of 10 items that can be hidden normally. Anything that is an artifact or runed does not count for this limit, so all of that can be hidden freely. (This is how I'm planning to keep the rune of hiding useful still)

The gloves and cloak (that currently conceal all jewelry and clothing) are what unlock the pose command (for the same types they hide now). I had to repurpose them somehow. I might also have them raise the upper limit too.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Dingbat market
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Kerith said:
    Orventa said:
    Not so simple but, crafting directly from your rift would be nice. 
    Yes PLEASE. Maybe it could try anything in your hands first (in case someone has given you the comms for their item).
    There's an envoy report up that discusses this.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ianir said:
    Rivius said:
    Yeah, so, there's a limit of 10 items that can be hidden normally. Anything that is an artifact or runed does not count for this limit, so all of that can be hidden freely. (This is how I'm planning to keep the rune of hiding useful still)

The gloves and cloak (that currently conceal all jewelry and clothing) are what unlock the pose command (for the same types they hide now). I had to repurpose them somehow. I might also have them raise the upper limit too.

Wait, so we have to have the artifact that hides clothing before we can use the poses for clothing?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited July 2017
    Shaddus said:
    Ianir said:
    Rivius said:

Wait, so we have to have the artifact that hides clothing before we can use the poses for clothing?
    It's changing purpose. Since we're adding hiding in as a general, we need to keep those artifacts useful somehow. There will probably be some refund requests for this, but I'm failing to see better options. Feel free to suggest.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    So you will need artifacts to be able to access poses? That's disappointing.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Gating poses behind an artifact feels like a huge waste of a new feature. Maybe one of the hide artifacts could let you use colored text in your posed clothing and the other could just give you more hiding spaces? Poses being artifact-locked would be a very big letdown.
  • What if there were a low number of base poses just like base hides? So say 10 base hides, 5 base poses, artifacts would unlock more of both? Then we can get a taste of posing and pose key items, but would have enticement for the artifacts to fully customize our look.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Personally I just set up aliases to maintain Dar's wardrobe the way I want it, and bake clothing into the description. But then again I also don't have a million artifacts I'd want to hide.  :D
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Isn't he saying that 10 can be hidden/posed for free and anything over that will require a rune?
    That's how I read it.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I'm guessing those hidey runes will be refunded too I guess.
  • edited July 2017
    Be able to target in SAYS, say to Anita (Looking at ^moonhart) I like this tree. > Looking at the Moonhart Mother Tree, Anita says to Anita, "I like this tree."
    OR people, say to Anita (Looking at ^anita) I like that tree > Looking at Anita, Anita says to Anita "I like that tree."
    -
    Able to see in a skill the level of the ability IG, like how the skills are presented on the wiki:
    AB PLANAR
    Skill

Learned At

Description
    Survey Inept+0% Determine what plane you're on upon survey.
    Teleport Inept+0% Travel to anyone on your plane that you can sense.
    Elemental Inept+50% Resist the ravages of the elements.
    Shortwave Novice+0% Attune to communication channels on adjacent planes.
    etc.
    -

• Anita said:
    Be able to target in SAYS, say to Anita (Looking at ^moonhart) I like this tree. > Looking at the Moonhart Mother Tree, Anita says to Anita, "I like this tree."
    OR people, say to Anita (Looking at ^anita) I like that tree > Looking at Anita, Anita says to Anita "I like that tree."

Thread is called Simple Ideas, not Ideas that will take Ianir a week to code.

Anita said:
    Able to see in a skill the level of the ability IG, like how the skills are presented on the wiki:
    AB PLANAR
    Skill

Learned At

Description
    etc.

... How did I not think of that when recoding the entire output for them?
  • Ianir said:
    Anita said:

Thread is called Simple Ideas, not Ideas that will take Ianir a week to code.

Anita said:
    AB PLANAR
    Skill

Learned At

Description
    etc.

... How did I not think of that when recoding the entire output for them?
    For the first about targets, I'm sorry! I have 0 clue about coding and things, so maybe that can go on a not-so-important to-do list? :D
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Isn't the ab output like that already?  :/
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited July 2017
    Daraius said:
    Isn't the ab output like that already?  :/
    You have gained the following abilities in Planar:
    Survey              Determine what plane you're on upon survey.
    Teleport            Basic travel around the First World.
    Elemental           Resist the ravages of the elements.
    Shortwave           Attune to communication channels on adjacent planes.

Is what it is now IG - unless there's a magic way to see it another way?

EDIT: Oh, I see what you mean, it does view if you have more skills to learn:

Vagabond            Shuffle along, no one cares, vagabond.
    Success             Warm greedy hearts with success stories.Ventriloquate       Throw your voice
    into objects.
    Review              Be a critic and review the performance of others.

*** NEXT ABILITY AVAILABLE IN 69 LESSONS ***                 
                     *** TRANSCENDENCE AVAILABLE IN 587 LESSONS ***                

SixthGestalt        75% Fabled       Further develop your gestalts.
    MaskShout            0% Mythical     Disguise your shout to sound like another.
    Diplomat            33% Mythical     Speak softly to encourage forgiveness.

BUT, my idea is to see the way the wiki is presented on skills that I have Trans'd, since when teaching novices it's easier to access that rather than switching windows and finding skills when I can just AB IG.

• @Kagato I either submitted this idea once, or at least thought about it.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited August 2017
    So, I'm definitely not trying to knock the change that "stuff doesn't fall out of your inventory when you qq", but I definitely am saying that I need some kind of reminder that I have corpses to offer that isn't quite as flashy as 100 corpses spamming my buffer when I log out but more useful than 100 messages that a corpse has decayed in my absence. :(

If there's a coding alternative that I can implement on my end, I'll take that too <.<

What about triggering the log-off message to OFFER CORPSES FONT (if you have a font)?

Otherwise you could have it trigger to spam-DROP 50 CORPSE CONFIRM or even just II CORPSE (and then you could STOP to go offer them).

Do those work as coding alternatives?  I know that I do INR EVERYTHING when I trigger the log-off message.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    That second thing will probably work. Thanks!

• edited August 2017
    I noticed this on another IRE, and thought it was nifty. Maybe we could have something similar? (Imperian has taming okay? I have to find my white whale of a pupper. Lusty will always be my <3)

SURVEY

You discern that you are standing in Brekknit Pass.

Your environment conforms to that of Mountains.

You are in the Prime Material Plane.

The average level of mobiles in this area is 114.

You have explored 5% of this area.

This area is best suited for players at levels 55 to 70.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Ejderha said:
    Orventa said:
    You have explored 5% of this area
    This part interests me more.
    Me too, but too much. Anything short of 100% would grip my shizzle, and I simply wouldn't be able to cope.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    psure that's the idea
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.