Simple Ideas

Comments

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    would be cool if we could use the zimoru syringe to extract a (untrade/sellable) zimoru dose when we're not using the syringe charge for that day. Main reason holding me back from considering the syringe is that I usually do zimoru in batches and one zimoru per IC month is too slow for my patience.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Luce said:
    To clarify what I think Xenthos meant and expand, it might be nice to be able to CLOTHING HIDE (LAYER<layer>|<slot>) (ON|OFF|PRESTIGE) to  be able to semipermanently filter out undergarments, for instance.
    I disagree with having a toggle-able 'prestige' flag, since it would render the scarecrow hat artifact completely obsolete, which currently ignores all positive prestige clothing while still letting you retain any runes that may be attached to said clothing.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    It does more than just ignore positive prestige though, it puts you at the first negative tier. (At least that was my understanding). Point taken though, I'd forgotten about it entirely.
  • How the scarecrow hat works is A] it makes you ignore all non-scarecrow hat items, and B] is itself an item with lots of negative prestige.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    You can stack negative prestige items with it to drop well below tawdry though. You more or less need to to hit max charity influencing without losing rune buffs I think, or used to.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited May 2018
    Luce said:
    You can stack negative prestige items with it to drop well below tawdry though. You more or less need to to hit max charity influencing without losing rune buffs I think, or used to.
    Moi said:
    How the scarecrow hat works is A] it makes you ignore all non-scarecrow hat items, and B] is itself an item with lots of negative prestige.

It is made to ignore anything that gives a 'positive' prestige bonus - so things like tawdry/shabby/etc clothing will still give a negative prestige bonus - with a full set, plus the scarecrow hat, the lowest rank you can get is 'Like a homeless wretch'.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I wistfully remember charity influencing now...those were the days!
  • edited May 2018
    Armor that can be worn under normal clothing would be awesome!
  • Kali said:
    Armor that can be worn under normal clothing would be awesome!
    I know they are expensive and not standard designs (which I think is the intent here), but you can totally do this with aethersuits (since they ignore all layering and can be hidden) and I am utterly shameless in taking full advantage of it.

• edited May 2018
    (filed as idea #23115) CONFIG DOMOTH <on/off> to be able to turn off domoth messages as a demi.
  • A way to offer demigod essence to Divine. After hitting the essence wall of diminishing returns and not having powers, there's really nothing else to do with it outside of dying in PVP.
    Nicholo said:
    A way to offer demigod essence to Divine. After hitting the essence wall of diminishing returns and not having powers, there's really nothing else to do with it outside of dying in PVP.
    I'd rather see something different to do with that. Given that some people have a -lot- of essence to burn, I'm not sure if that would be a good idea to allow / enable. Either way, I think there's a lot of ideas regarding demigod essence use around these forums that people could pick up on.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I just dump excess into my cult to avoid diminishing returns, because what else am I going to do with the stuff?
    Xenthos said:
    I just dump excess into my cult to avoid diminishing returns, because what else am I going to do with the stuff?
    I doubt many people would be opposed to their own cult ;) ( know I wouldn't ). Maybe something that could work for more people if being a cult member woudl also allow you to turn your essence into cult essence at a lower turnout rate? I am not sure how much taht balance/imbalances things, given things like shrines...
  • Nicholo said:
    A way to offer demigod essence to Divine. After hitting the essence wall of diminishing returns and not having powers, there's really nothing else to do with it outside of dying in PVP.
    Isn't there an artefact that lets you sell it? I used to buy loads
  • THere is a fist of soemthing or other that lets you transfer it.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

It would be rather intriguing to be able to "say to person in tae'dae: Hello my friend" , to be able to use a language just for a single say. Similarly intriguing would be to be able to use languages in emotes, not sure how difficult that is, though.
  • It would be better if the command to say something to a person was SAYTO, so that you wouldn't have:

Enyalida Zayah says, "to Aledra in Elfen Hello, my friend"
  • SAYTO does work so you just need to retrain yourself to always use it (I forget all the time).

Or maybe write an alias that translates SAY TO into SAYTO? But that would block a few things you'd actually say... so something clever with m&m's name database? Hmm.
  • When you get curios or ikons from presents or the Wheel it'd be more exciting if it revealed which ones you just got.

Also, may be going down a rabbit hole but when you get presents with a potential org theme it could be nice to smartly make them for that character's org. Like I got a shadowy Wyrden censer as an ultimate, which is cool because I can trade it for 6666 goop, but it would have been even better to be the fiery one.

I really like the present updates overall. A solid amount of gold is better than 123 rosehips.
  • OR you could keep the wyrd censer and help out your Glom bros!
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    @Dys you should be able to change your censer to Fire-type by TOUCHing it, or something easy, for no cost.

Maligorn said:
    @Dys you should be able to change your censer to Fire-type by TOUCHing it, or something easy, for no cost.
    wish I would've known that... would've saved me a lot of goop :(
  • Neat, thanks! I tried TOUCH (and push, stroke, lick etc.) but haven't found the right one. It's not in the help files so if anyone knows that'd be great.
  • Dys said:
    Neat, thanks! I tried TOUCH (and push, stroke, lick etc.) but haven't found the right one. It's not in the help files so if anyone knows that'd be great.
    I'm not sure he didn't mean it as a suggestion.

If there is an ingame way to change it, I would prefer it to be something that you do on a plane. For instance give it to an essence converter. The last thing I would want to have happen is to buy a Glom one (already have a fire one) and accidentally change it from the one I wanted to another type. Maybe an envoy can QoL this.
  • Ah, then yes that'd be a handy suggestion.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Feeding it essence is probably more likely than giving it to an essence converter.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Unless I'm hallucinating, there was a way put in to make your Censer your own org-type, just in case you moved. So in your case, you should be able to change your wyrd censer into Fire (but nothing else). :?.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Can you reskin a censer using goop to make it a different one?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• It doesn't seem so, I think they count as different artifacts. There's an ARTISHOP TRANSFORM but I couldn't use it for this (what is it for?)