Simple Ideas

Comments

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Family Tree <family> Active

Lets you only see the active family members in the family.

Mostly so I can see a lot less Revan in my family tree.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm sorry >.>

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited November 2012
    I was wondering if we could get time/date stamps on the different org TELLS commands. Sometimes you just log on and see things that you're unsure if you should answer because it is far too late.
  • Allow private cartel (not Org or Deeded cartels) owners to give their designs to the public, or maybe if they dissolve their cartels, all designs go to Public automatically.

Move Potionlist lower in Discernment. The addition of Liquidrift has basically made Potionlist obsolete anyway, unless you're lazy and refuse to use it
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Potionlist is actually very useful, even with LiquidRift, as it shows a vial's link info on info inv.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    edited November 2012
    Potionlist is actually pretty much essential for systems, which is actually a better reason to move it down...
  • I don't see potionlist being essential for systems myself, since everything in the liquid rift can be read through GMCP. Sure, it'll tell you what each vial contains, which is nice, but it's not essential.
  • PUT <ITEM> ON <Furniture>

Pleeeease?
    Not sure how simple this would be, but since GMCP now includes whether a room is outdoors or not and what plane it's on, I was wondering if the mapper XML could also be updated to include this information?
  • Put the amount of times you've put shards in the wheel in QUESTEVENT, please?
  • Please forbid shards from wanting to go to rooms you need to do a quest to get into. Like the secret rooms on Spectre Island, for example.
  • Iytha said:
    Please forbid shards from wanting to go to rooms you need to do a quest to get into. Like the secret rooms on Spectre Island, for example.
    That's not really easy to do (and would take a lot of extra writing around stuff)

The secret rooms are fairly easy to enter on Spectres, though, so if you feel like it's happening too much, just check them first.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Eventru said:
    Iytha said:
    Please forbid shards from wanting to go to rooms you need to do a quest to get into. Like the secret rooms on Spectre Island, for example.
    That's not really easy to do (and would take a lot of extra writing around stuff)

The secret rooms are fairly easy to enter on Spectres, though, so if you feel like it's happening too much, just check them first.
    The real issue is the lava flow on Zoaka, for people who 1) Don't know how to find the book and recite the phrases or 2) Don't know about the rift.  So, more experienced players have fewer issues than less experienced players.

It'd be kind of nice if Zoaka just wasn't included in the pool for that reason, but the hidden spectre rooms don't really even require questing to get into.  Unless they are able to spawn in the Inalai study area...
  • Zoaka's a pretty big area though, and quite easy to get into. And if you're gonna block of that, you open up a whole other can of worms. What about Alakar's chambers? Mount Wend itself? The towers in the Meliashmora, or even just the Meliashmora itself. With Zoaka a novice can at least feasibly get in there on his own. The Meliashmora? No way unless you're an Igasho, as it requires scaling to enter.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    I'm such a fail Mag. I didn't even know Spectre isle had secret rooms. They're obviously, you know, secret. I gave up on that shard.

Kiradawea said:
    Zoaka's a pretty big area though, and quite easy to get into. And if you're gonna block of that, you open up a whole other can of worms. What about Alakar's chambers? Mount Wend itself? The towers in the Meliashmora, or even just the Meliashmora itself. With Zoaka a novice can at least feasibly get in there on his own. The Meliashmora? No way unless you're an Igasho, as it requires scaling to enter.
    I've never had one of these pieces in Meliashmora, Mount Wend / the Orphanage, or the Asylum.
  • edited November 2012
    They can't end up in Meliashmora, Wend/Orphanage, nor the Asylum.

Empty paranoia is empty!
  • Xenthos said:
    Eventru said:
    Iytha said:

The real issue is the lava flow on Zoaka, for people who 1) Don't know how to find the book and recite the phrases or 2) Don't know about the rift.  So, more experienced players have fewer issues than less experienced players.

It'd be kind of nice if Zoaka just wasn't included in the pool for that reason, but the hidden spectre rooms don't really even require questing to get into.  Unless they are able to spawn in the Inalai study area...
    Behind the secret down exit with the button puzzle lock. In there someplace. Or possibly in with the spectral emperors.
  • Iytha said:
    Xenthos said:
    Eventru said:
    Iytha said:

Behind the secret down exit with the button puzzle lock. In there someplace. Or possibly in with the spectral emperors.
    They can't end up in the old paladin guildhall, and the mausoleum is very easy to open.

More empty paranoia!
    The shard I had definitely wasn't in the mausoleum.

• As for me, I didn't want to try the mausoleum, since that would mean standing in one spot on Spectre for 10 minutes while I figured out the puzzle. Which, as a Celestian, is just begging to get jumped.
    Lavinya said:
    The shard I had definitely wasn't in the mausoleum.
    Don't forget that there is the Old Emperor's Inn.

That's the other place I've seen it on Spectre, and it's as easy to open as the Mausoleum.
    Iytha said:
    As for me, I didn't want to try the mausoleum, since that would mean standing in one spot on Spectre for 10 minutes while I figured out the puzzle. Which, as a Celestian, is just begging to get jumped.
    You... just have to push the seahorse statue to get in there, what?
  • Apparently I've not been a Mag in way too long!
    Iytha said:
    Apparently I've not been a Mag in way too long!
    I've never been a Mag!  This is not an excuse!
    edited November 2012
    With the advent of these new HME blessings from pixies, scholars, pilgrims, I was wondering if they could avoid overriding larger blessings like the throne. Or even apply this to all blessings gotten from quests.
    Rivius said:
    With the advent of these new HME blessings from pixies, scholars, pilgrims, I was wondering if they could avoid overriding larger blessings like the throne. Or even apply this to all blessings gotten from quests.
    It would be nice if the highest one just stayed in effect.

It would be even nicer if they'd do something about Divine Blessings & Quest Blessings.  They show up in DEF as separate lines, but you get the lesser value from the Divine Blessings instead... which is just bizarre.
  • So, different simple idea:

You know how there's the LIBRARIES command? Introduce the STAGES command that is the same thing, except for stages.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited November 2012
    I would still like a specialized bard/scholar log for culture minister/librarian/respective aides. Maybe not even a log, per se, but a list of everyone who's brought them in for the city with running totals for the year or something. Would be IMMENSELY helpful for contests and general activity tracking for sudden favours.

Grabbing someone with access to the powerlog, and them forcing them to go through and pick out every bard/scholar entry so that it can be mashed together into a file somewhere else...is just a pain. I've been on either side of that scenario, and they both make me hate myself :I
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Isn't there a rift in the Crystal Meadows that leads to the interior of Zoaka?