Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Drakius said:
    Every time I see a Trill with hair on their head, I die a little inside.
    I feel the same about Draknari.
  • Everyone is apparently part human
    The playa you love to hate
  • Drakius said:
    Everyone is apparently part human
    Those crazy humans, just breeding with everything that moves. Tsk!
  • Xeltha said:
    Drakius said:
    Those crazy humans, just breeding with everything that moves. Tsk!
    Time for a genocide.
  • Drakius said:

My hair is luxurious and fetch *hairflip*
  • edited December 2014
    Annick said:

/Pearls
    Also it feels like it's been forever since the CL of Gaudi was was called Princess
  • Drakius said:
    Annick said:

/Pearls
    Also it feels like it's been forever since the CL of Gaudi was was called Princess
    I do it to tease her.
  • I can't decide... Fink monk or gnome Wiccan
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Yo where my nerfed gnomes at
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Drakius said:
    Well, according to HELP DRACNARI:

Their skin is scaled and features range from the truly draconic to remarkably human-like. Like the merians, dracnari do not recognize half-breeds: either you are a dracnari or are not, denoted by the ability to breathe fire.

So there are no part human Dracs.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • There are, they're just Dracnari if they can breathe fire or not if they can't.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Dys said:
    There are, they're just Dracnari if they can breathe fire or not if they can't.
    I was more making a reference to people claiming they're part-human. They're not. There's no such thing IG. I understand the concept of cross-species breeding.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • DysDys
    edited December 2014
    Ah, I get you. Semantics. Saves coding quarter merian lucidian trill faelings too.
  • The Aerochemantics trill teacher in the Air zeppelin has long blonde hair. Not sure if it was an oversight or if he's part human.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    He's from the alternate timeline where everything is awful, so it makes sense that he's a hair trill.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Xeltha said:
    Drakius said:
    I feel the same about Draknari.
    Well...it's hard not to take that personally.
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Maligorn said:
    The Aerochemantics trill teacher in the Air zeppelin has long blonde hair. Not sure if it was an oversight or if he's part human.
    Pretty sure he's part human. Not many people survived in that timeline, so the survivors couldn't maintain racial purity anymore. I think it's canonical that human/trill hybrids can have hair in general, and it's not just a weird thing for that alternate timeline.

This begs a question. People who passed through the portal can breed with whatever because they're special snowflakes that mess up their natural race anyway in the portal. For non-portal passers, which races can breed with which? I'm assuming that humans can breed with anything because that's how fantasy works as a genre. I'd bet on elfen/faeling hybrids working out, too. Lucidian/trill type things or pretty much any other pair, though? I dunno.

Of course, you could presumably get weird hybrids if you used humans as intermediaries over several generations, anyway. So maybe anything can breed with anything if it's got enough human in the family tree.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited December 2014
    Viscanti can supposedly breed with any race also because of taintedness if I recall correctly.

• Wouldn't the child just be considered Viscanti, though? They're a race of mongrels. I was under the impression that was how they defined themselves.

That the merians even make a distinction for half-breeds that can't breathe water, suggests they can too.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Humans can breed with any other race.

Viscanti can breed with any other race

Elfen can breed with both Elfen, Fae, and Faelings (and the reverse is true as well)

The other races, as far as my understanding goes, cannot interbreed. Viscanti only exists because the original emergence of the Taint warped the people affected by it so much that it changed their physiology, and allowed them to interbreed.
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • Kurut said:
    Humans can breed with any other race.

Elfen can breed with both Elfen, Fae, and Faelings (and the reverse is true as well)

The other races, as far as my understanding goes, cannot interbreed. Viscanti only exists because the original emergence of the Taint warped the people affected by it so much that it changed their physiology, and allowed them to interbreed.

Picturing an Elfen getting intimate with a leprechaun. That's when you know you're taking your task of 'helping the fae' too seriously.
  • edited December 2014
    If mudprawns is any indication, -every- race can breed with whichever race they feel like.

I'm sorry for bringing up such things.
  • That's not true. You can have sex with whatever, but you can't BREED.
  • Wouldn't it technically be possible for a Dracnari to have hair because say mom was Dracnari, dad was human, and there is enough dominant genes (or whatever way it works in Lusternia) that the child can breed fire but also grows hair? Say the kid is 75% the mom but 25% the dad and the latter shows in hair and maybe some other minor human features?

Also, what if you have a Dracnari that is 75% human, looks a lot like a human, but due to some freakish way of traits being inherited can in fact breathe fire? I know it sounds a lot like a power play character but disregarding that wouldn't it technically be considered Dracnari because it does the fire breathing thing?

Sorry for prodding this potential can of worms, just trying to understand!
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • I'd like to breed some fire. That'd be... pretty hawt. ;);)

• edited December 2014
    Arcanis said:
    Kurut said:
    Humans can breed with any other race.

Picturing an Elfen getting intimate with a leprechaun. That's when you know you're taking your task of 'helping the fae' too seriously.
    Nah, it's clearly the nymphs that started it. ^^

Elfen are taught from birth to love the Fae, not just "help" them. It was only a matter of time before some poor boy decided to work out the... ahem, "logistics" of doing so.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Rialorm said:
    Wouldn't it technically be possible for a Dracnari to have hair because say mom was Dracnari, dad was human, and there is enough dominant genes (or whatever way it works in Lusternia) that the child can breed fire but also grows hair? Say the kid is 75% the mom but 25% the dad and the latter shows in hair and maybe some other minor human features?

Also, what if you have a Dracnari that is 75% human, looks a lot like a human, but due to some freakish way of traits being inherited can in fact breathe fire? I know it sounds a lot like a power play character but disregarding that wouldn't it technically be considered Dracnari because it does the fire breathing thing?

All that matters is if the individual can breathe fire. If they do, they're a dracnari. If not, they're a human.

• Maligorn said:
    Rialorm said:
    Wouldn't it technically be possible for a Dracnari to have hair because say mom was Dracnari, dad was human, and there is enough dominant genes (or whatever way it works in Lusternia) that the child can breed fire but also grows hair? Say the kid is 75% the mom but 25% the dad and the latter shows in hair and maybe some other minor human features?

All that matters is if the individual can breathe fire. If they do, they're a dracnari. If not, they're a human.

Basically this. This would be if in fact if that individual was attempting to claim a dracnari lineage. I do believe the breathing fire/poison/water rule came to be when humans would cliam they are merian (blue skin) or viscanti, and it generally got on the nerves of the original race.

"Can you breathe poison? huh?"

"Ah..no"

"Then you arent a viscanti bish, now out!"
  • I don't think Dracnari can't have hair, but according to HELP TRILL it's not a thing. (Unless you breed with those deplorable non-trill races)
This discussion has been closed.