Lady Lisaera's "Solstice Tale"

Holding Her braid absently in one hand as She gathers Her thoughts, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says,
 "I believe I will tell you the story of when My Sister thought She lost Her charm."

Smiling, Her storm-coloured eyes distant with memories, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "My 
Elfenehoala. She was My joy, My heart. I felt Her near to Me more than I ever did My brother, whom I 
cherished deeply."

A smile in Her storm-coloured eyes, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "She was the soul of love and 
compassion. Her every thought was pleasant, and although She did not speak much, when She did, it 
was with a wisdom to rival only My own. She was as gentle as a spring rain and as kind as newborn 
wolf pup."

Exhaling softly, Her hands playing with the ends of Her braid, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, 
"Her kind and gentle nature, however, did make Her a touch too naive."

Thoughtfully, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "The day was a long one. We were tending to our 
gardens - Mine was bearing new blossoms that Maylea had painted and Hers bore fruits that We planned 
to show Our friends. She had been experimenting with flavours, and while Viravain's insects enjoyed 
them, We were not so sure they would do for an Elder's palate."

Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Before We called together Our gathering, I decided to weave a few 
crowns of roses and bluebells for Our guests. Elfey wanted Hers to be dusted with moonlight, and I 
bid Her call upon My Daughter. She left to draw down the moon, and I continued toiling away at Our 
little project."

Mirth in Her voice, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Moments later, She returned. Empty handed."

With mock surprise, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "What is this? I asked Her. Surely My Moon 
would not deny You?"

Feigning sorrow, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "No, Lisaera... She replied. I wished to show the 
flowers to Charune. He ignored Me completely."

With fake surprise in Her voice, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Charune ignored You? Surely 
You're mistaken, I countered. He is entirely too... interested."

Her storm-coloured eyes shining with mirth, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "I encouraged 
Elfenehoala to keep at it. Surely, Great Charune, with His bow and impressive hunting skills, could 
be wooed by the beautiful maiden."

Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "For days, this continued. She would craft some sort of bauble and 
attempt to dazzle Him. He would all but shun Her for Her effort, and She would be near to weeping in 
My arms."

With mock depression, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Lisaera, it is for naught, She would tell 
me. I cannot understand why He will evade Me."

With a maiden's wink, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "She was not familiar with this feeling. Why 
would any Elder, God or Goddess, not wish for Her company? She was so kind and gentle, and She was 
quite talented with conversation."

Thoughtfully, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "We did not necessarily celebrate Solstice in the 
same way that you do, little ones, but We honoured the turning of the seasons. We were, after all, 
the Ones Who guarded them."

Smiling, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "One winter's night, around a bonfire that filled an 
entire glade, We shared Our thoughts. Elfenehoala, beautiful and kind, remained polite and calm 
until it was Charune's turn to speak."

Making a show of jumping up, a squeaky maiden's voice replacing Her own, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess 
says, "You know, Charune, You must think so MUCH of Yourself with Your bow and Your arrows and Your 
ridiculous stags! Who ever heard of antlers, anyway? Why not horns? What will antlers DO, anyway?"

Lisaera chuckles to Herself, the sound like wind through moonhart leaves.

Grinning widely, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "She clapped Her hands over Her mouth and We all 
stared, silently, across the flames as She tried to shrink away from Our eyes."

Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Finally, Charune responded."

With a deep, effected man's voice, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "You...were talking to Me, all 
those times, Elfenehoala? He asked, His eyes wide."

Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Elfenehoala stared at him in disbelief. Finally, She replied, 

Eyes glimmering with mirth, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "His face flushed red, redder than the 
heart of the fire, and He replied, 'I could not tell, Elfey. You spoke too fast, You hid Your mouth, 
and You vanished before I could respond.'"

Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "The circle of Elders laughed as one, and someone in the crowd 
yelled out, 'You really do mumble, Elfey.' She blushed, too, joined the laughter, and We continued 
with Our celebration."

Holding Her braid in one hand again, Her fingers combing through the ends, Lisaera, the Silver 
Goddess says, "Now, let Me clarify one thing. Elfenehoala is - was - the picture of grace. She moved 
with all of the natural beauty of the springtime breeze."

Her storm-coloured eyes sparkling with motes of moonfire, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "But let 
this be a lesson to you, little ones. When people Who dote on grace are confronted with disapproval, 
They make fools of themselves at Solstice gatherings."

<3@lisaera Thanks for humoring us with a tale. It just made the solstice feel more like a holiday!