Why do quests have to be so broken?

2»

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Xenthos said:
    "Without looking over Xion in detail, I'd wager the reset timer there is reasonable. It is an aetherbubble quest, off in deep space, a lost laboratory with difficult puzzles. Sounds good. "

The issue here is that it requires 3 more trash mobs than exist at any given time, which means that you must wait for one full reset.  That cuts into the time you have to complete it.  Simply addressing that would help a lot, and that should be a relatively simple fix.

Drocilla said:
    That does not sound reasonable and is too small a number for it to be on purpose. We'll look into it.
    That was entirely too easy. /suspicious
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • To echo the "mortal coder" people: I'd love to become a mortal coder as well, to help fix all those small pesky bugs. The big worry is, of course, that some people might knowingly (or even unknowingly) exploit the bugs they know of that aren't fixed yet, but I think that's something that A) already exists, and B) would become pretty obvious pretty quickly, and stamped out relatively efficiently.
  • Shaddus said:
    Xenthos said:
    "Without looking over Xion in detail, I'd wager the reset timer there is reasonable. It is an aetherbubble quest, off in deep space, a lost laboratory with difficult puzzles. Sounds good. "

The issue here is that it requires 3 more trash mobs than exist at any given time, which means that you must wait for one full reset.  That cuts into the time you have to complete it.  Simply addressing that would help a lot, and that should be a relatively simple fix.

Drocilla said:
    That does not sound reasonable and is too small a number for it to be on purpose. We'll look into it.
    Been attempting to do Xion over the past day or two.  I can't ask enough to change it so it doesn't require a reset for those 3 extra creatures.
  • Tandrin said:
    Shaddus said:
    Xenthos said:

Drocilla said:
    Been attempting to do Xion over the past day or two.  I can't ask enough to change it so it doesn't require a reset for those 3 extra creatures.
    Which mobs specifically are missing? 

• Crumkane said:
    Tandrin said:
    Shaddus said:
    Xenthos said:

Drocilla said:
    Which mobs specifically are missing? 

The first step of Xion is to remove the aetherbeasties that have invaded the Workshop. The main central crystal within Xion will take these beasties and destroy them. There is not enough for the crystal to consider Xion "empty" until you deliver a full round of mob respawns, and then another three. It doesn't matter what kind of mob you put in. Three Hynxes, Three Grodaks, or three Mordraths. Or one of each. In other words, it seems to consider all beasties equal in this matter.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'm hoping that one of the many emails that have been sent about the Serenguard quest get a looking at, too :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Is this an existing quest? Bugs are usually the best way to go about getting them fixed. If you haven't already, BUG it and we can take a look.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    If he's talking about the one I think he is, it works fine and has cool lore, it's just commune wide and kinda onerous, seeing as only SGs can do it.
    Enyalida said:

If he's talking about the one I think he is, it works fine and has cool lore, it's just commune wide and kinda onerous, seeing as only SGs can do it.

And the fact that it's -required- every so often or else you get a rampaging supermob.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    It doesn't -always- work fine--because it uses the same items and NPCs as another quest, it will sometimes inexplicably jump to the other quest in the middle, completely preventing you from completing the important one.

Yes, there is a bug submittted on it from a month and a half ago--status listed as "Submitted", which I think means no one's looked at it.

And there are other problems with the quest, mostly stemming from Shaddus's observation.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Shaddus said:
    And the fact that it's -required- every so often or else you get a rampaging supermob.
    Who spawns aggro mobs and carcers the entire forest. Yeah, you heard me, roaming supermob + aggro mobs + chance to fail and go off bal/prone with every move. Have fuuuuun if that goes down.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of how this sort of instills a guild with a sense of "I have to do this to protect my home", but it's a bit excessive.
    Personally, I'd be cool with it if some of my.. IDEAs were gone with. /waggle
  • Obviously you people shouldn't chain that poor lakedancer up.
    Or as I call her: Fiahabelhelele Lakebitch