Who's Excited about The Hobbit?

2»

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I actually think the last fight is done rather well, the Dwarves show their ingenuity and as many tricks up their sleeves as a race of master craftsmen have, and create a trap so perfect it can't fail.

Except the fact this is a goddamn massive dragon, and all they succeed in doing is pissing him off. To draw a comparison, this is where Loki gets captures halfway through the Avengers and all it succeeds in doing is having everyone mad at each other and wrecking the plane, while Thor and the Hulk go on the long trip down, that and Coulson dies*. In the trilogy this is the section of peril, Gandalf's in the crapper, the Dwarves couldn't get their plan to work and Laketown is doomed.

*ok I know he's not, shut up.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I beg all of you to NOT go and watch The 47 Ronin movie. Despite my liking for Keanu Reeves and stylish but mindless action and or fantasy flicks, this one is terribly bad and dissapoining.
  • edited January 2014
    tl;dr'd this thread, as I was excited, and ended up going to;
    IMAX
    High Frame Rate
    3D

One of these things ruined it for the others, I think it was the 3D combined with the high frame rate, tended to lose focus on anything moving too quickly. Overall, serious enjoyment of this one, despite the motion blur that was engendered.
    Overall, I don't think the 3D added too much, the IMAX was great, and the high frame rate was fantastic in the story and close-up scenes. Potentially lost points for not being able to focus on the bits that I wanted to with the action.

Oh....

(Edited to include source.)
    Is also the Shintar.
  • Idrazil said:
    I beg all of you to NOT go and watch The 47 Ronin movie. Despite my liking for Keanu Reeves and stylish but mindless action and or fantasy flicks, this one is terribly bad and dissapoining.
    Aw, come on. What was wrong with it? Aside from the added DEEMINS and MAJEEK it followed the Japanese folk tale pretty closely.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• Am I too late to get excited about the premiere?
    </RANT>