The Emergence of Nemach the Soulless

ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
One after another, softly glowing markers rise into the sky, bathing the darkness-wreathed valley in 
their warm light.

A lantern passes overhead, cast aloft by its own flame.

The sacred skylanterns float overhead, Cimtri's body becomes translucent, all of its colour and 
essence drifting upwards and following the lantern's trail.

Dozens of softly glowing markers rise into the sky over the Mornhai Sanctuary, carried upon a 
delicate breeze as they float down, illuminating everything in their path in a warm light.

Cries break out among the gathered the spectacle triggers memories lost to the madness. The aslarn 
hug and console each other, tears in their eyes.

A dark smear stains the sky above the Razine Mountains, slowly creeping despoiling the air in an 
eastward track as it permeates the atmosphere with a noxious, putrid odor.

A sickly, gurgling noise whispers at the back of your mind, "Victory is mine, food."

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing 
voice of Mysrai intones, "I sense an unnatural shifting of the paradigms!"

An overwhelming sense of hunger rumbles in your gut as the voice of Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean 
Delights resounds, "And it is tainting the lovely scents of My confections."

The divine voice of Jadice, the Frost Queen reverberates powerfully, "The vibration of the Soulless 
return."

A velvety indigo mist roils through your surroundings, carrying a soft, intoxicating scent that 
promises dark triumphs and pleasures alike as Drocilla, the Enchantress returns to mortal perception.

Withdrawing slightly, the dark smear draws in upon itself, hesitating from its eastern drift.

The divine voice of Yomoigu, the Pyresmith reverberates powerfully, "Most peculiar, it is not one of 
the Soulless behind the Seals, but I agree with Jadice. It has its mark."

Ethereal violet suffuses the firmament as the lilting, smoky voice of Drocilla, the Enchantress 
croons, "It most certainly does."

Gossamer winds whip around you suddenly as the voice of Lisaera, the Silver Goddess reverberates, 
"Does war return again? Has nature taken the first wounds?"

Twisting and writhing, the smear of putrescent air froths upon itself, slowly beginning to drift 
westwards away from the appearing Elder Gods.

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing 
voice of Mysrai intones, "Think you shall escape the perception of the Elders?"

Estarra's voice shatters the cosmic equilibrium, "Elders, you must find this... presence! Make it 
known to us!"

voice of Mysrai intones, "I perceive it well enough with My thousand eyes."

A sickly, gurgling noise whispers at the back of your mind, "I have no time for such petty, mewling 
creatures as Elder Gods. Your war was lost long ago. You have splintered and died, the Greatest of 
Hungers sleep and dream."

A swirl of indigo fog reveals the flawless form of Drocilla, the Enchantress looming over Magnagora, 
lavender eyes ablaze with fury as She scouts for the enemy and ruby lips half-parted, song almost at 
Her lips.

A sickly, gurgling noise whispers at the back of your mind, "Long have I supped upon the fecund well 
of Nature; there is naught you may do to compare to my power now."

voice of Mysrai intones, "You, the least among such Willess creatures as Soulless? You think We 
cannot perceive your nature? I know well what you are, and I suspect the Enchantress shall ascertain 
your identity as soon as the avarice clears from Her eyes."

The fury in Her eyes not lessening one bit, jaw clenched, the Enchantress scouts about Herself. 
"Nemach," She finally intones, "It is you, after all. I can feel you, sense where you are, much like 
you can sense Me".

Slowly, the smear shimmers with a pale light, congealing into a nigh-translucent aberration of 
bloated flesh and writhing, decaying plant vines. Swelling in size, the creature's bloated fore 
forms eyes and mouths, twisted limbs and psuedopods plopping outwards as the Soulless God Nemach 
begins to take form.

A sickly, gurgling noise whispers at the back of your mind, "Drocilla! You know me! You have drank 
of my essence, as I drank of yours! Do not turn against me now! Honour the pact!  Bring me the Elder 
Gods and we shall drink together, to grow stronger! Even the Soulless will be naught but food at our 
table!"

Reaching out one twisted appendage lined with stray bunches of hairs, swelling pustules, and 
innumerable digits and teeth, the bloated form of Nemach reaches towards Drocilla, the Enchantress.

Ethereal violet suffuses the firmament as the lilting, smoky voice of Drocilla, the Enchantress 
croons, "The pact had a purpose, Nemach, and that was not it."

The divine voice of Yomoigu, the Pyresmith reverberates powerfully, "Estarra! I have imprisoned many 
of the smaller of the Soulless Ones! I possess the key to the prison, the Pandimensional 
Transformix! He should not yet be so strong that it cannot contain his power!"

A sickly, gurgling noise snarls and froths with rage at the back of your mind as furious, ravenous 
voices argue and shriek in alien tongues, "BETRAYER! ABANDONER! YOU RAGING--! I WILL DESTROY YOU AND 
CONSUME YOUANDTHEREWILLBENAUGHTBUTASHANDSTAINEDSTONELEFTFORYOURMEMORY!"

Estarra's voice shatters the cosmic equilibrium, "Such a babbling thing you are, Nemach. Prepare the 
prison, Pyresmith. Let us get this done."

Yomoigu twists the very fabric of existence before him, folding it over and over on itself until it 
becomes colossal swirling vortex. Sweat beading on his brow, the Pyresmith reaches in and draws out 
the Pandimensional Transformix.

More composed now, the Enchantress hovers above Magnagora, a hint of a smirk at Her ruby lips, and 
slowly begins to edge in a different direction, tempting the Soulless after Her.

A sickly, gurgling noise snarls and froths with rage at the back of your mind as furious, ravenous 
voices argue and shriek in alien tongues, "THERE WILL BE NAUGHT FOR THE GREAT ETERNAL ONE TO FIND, 
ETERNAL ABANDONER! AS YOU ABANDONED US, SO WILL YOU ABANDON THEM. I HAVE EVADED A THOUSAND HUNGERING 
GODS GREATER THAN ANY ONE OF YOUR ELDERS, AND I SHALL HIDE AND GROW IN STRENGTH ONCE MORE!"

Estarra's voice shatters the cosmic equilibrium, "Prepare for your fate, Nemach."

Eyes black as the Void, Estarra the Eternal raises Her hand and shafts of cosmic fire streak out, 
plunging into the twisting form of Nemach the Soulless, who writhes in pain, cracks appearing up and 
down his gargantuan form, until he splits apart into writhing tendrils of darkness.

Writhing and congealing, the tendrils of darkness form bloated, garagantuan tendrils of uncountable 
gnashing maws and grabbing, malformed limbs. Several fly quickly towards the east, lunging for the 
form of Drocilla, the Enchantress.

Splitting off from other groups, massive tentacles writhe about each other, churning the skies as 
they head for the City of New Celest.

As the tentacles meet in the sky over Celest, they are suddenly sent flailing away in a flash of 
blinding light, bits and pieces of them falling away to fly out of sight. The light fades to reveal 
the form of Darvellan, the Navigator.

The divine voice of Darvellan, the Navigator reverberates powerfully, "What is this!?"

Flinging His tattered coat of Half-Formed leather behind Him, the Navigator moves with smooth, 
practiced motions to pluck the stars from the mist surrounding Him, sending them flying at the 
encroaching tendrils.

As the Navigator's stars strike the soulless tentacles, roars of pain rend the air as the tentacles 
are repelled, moving slowly away from the City of Celest with each explosion of starlight.

Turning away at the last moment, the bloated tendrils heading for Magnagora shift course, diving 
towards the Glomdoring, hungering maws lashing at the treetops as crows flutter about furiously.

The tendrils descends towards the Glomdoring, and a victorious howling rises from the alien beast as 
the gargantuan begins to smash the trees with its tendrils, uprooting them and tossing them aside. 
The Wyrden Forest shudders under the brunt, seemingly unprotected.

As the gargantuan reaches towards the Master Ravenwood, it hesitates, as if sensing something, then 
lunges forwards with limbs outstretched, prepared to smash the nexus into splinters.

With a howl, the Wyrden Forest awakens, and from beneath the creature, the trees themselves erupt, 
reaching up and embracing the gargantuan with skeletal limbs.

A keening shriek splits the sky open as something shining, something brilliant and curved, arcs 
through the sky, severing a tendril at its base. As the gargantuan reels, struggling against its 
prison, the form of Viravain, Lady of the Thorns manifests, rising from the soil and canopy of the 
Glomdoring in a slow measured ascent. With one pale hand, She plucks Her scythe from the air.

Effervescent whispers dance through your senses, filling your mind with the soft, feathery voice of 
Viravain as Her voice carries on the winds, "Think you to touch what is Mine? Think you to touch My 
Forest? For My fingers extend to the leaves and the eaves, and the glory of the Wyrd is Mine! I am 
the roots manifest, and I am the soil that you would defile!"

Confused at the sudden change, the Enchantress disappears in a swirl of indigo fog back into the 
city.

In answer, the beast screams out, struggling in the embrace of the trees, ripping a single one from 
the ground. Viravain gestures mockingly, and the roots grow, ripping through the tendrils and 
reanchoring themselves to the ground.

Effervescent whispers dance through your senses, filling your mind with the soft, feathery voice of 
Viravain as Her voice carries on the winds, "And you shall pay for DARING to feed upon that which is 
Mine!"

The scythe of the Goddess sings out, and She laughs, laughs as the tendrils fall like grain beneath 
Her weapon, collapsing into the Forest. The trees respond hungrily, swallowing up into the broken 
pieces of the gargantuan as it is reduced, piece by piece.

Viravain as Her voice carries on the winds, "Die! Die and feed My Forest!"

Lashing out one more time, the gargantuan blasts free of its prison, roaring towards the slight form 
of Viravain in pain-maddened rage. With a scream of defiance, She twirls the scythe into both hands 
and swings, the curving blade of Her scythe burning with Wyrden shadow fire.

Strangely-coloured blood rains down upon the Glomdoring as the gargantuan is parted neatly in half.

Viravain laughs mockingly as the forest feasts. The wreckage left by the beast begins to heal itself 
rapidly as She points here and there, ordering the trees themselves to feed, the roses to bloom, and 
the soil to rise to devour that which remains. As the last damage fades from visibility, the Goddess 
sinks slowly down into the Glomdoring, Her scythe held at the ready as She vanishes into the 
shadowed canopy.

What remains of the tendrils retreat rapidly from the Forest.

Viravain as Her voice carries on the winds, "Nothing matters but Glomdoring!"

An enthralling song echoes from the dread city of Magnagora as an aurora of ethereal violet shimmers 
across the dome which shrouds it protectively.

With a guttural roar the shudders reality, a many-mouthed gargantuan tendril rumbles across the sky 
towards Magnagora, a shower of smaller pieces raining upon the city.

Manifesting in a swirl of indigo fog, Drocilla, the Enchantress appears over Magnagora again.

A spine-tingling shriek shatters the silence of the First World as Drocilla parts Her lips, sending 
the very firmament shuddering in its wake.

The sky darkens over Magnagora as an enormous ooze-dripping mouth slashes at the Enchantress, 
scraping against Her leg as She launches Herself backwards and away, the song still continuing.

The unearthly wail continues, transforming slowly into a haunting otherworldly performance of 
interweaving harmonious and dissonant melodies that enthrall the teeth-snapping gargantuan tendril 
wreathed in rotten plantlife assaulting the Enchantress.

The unearthly song crescendos as the floating Drocilla evades the striken enemy and rushes across 
the sky in the opposite direction, sending windows quaking in Magnagora and makeshift obstacles 
crashing; dust obscuring the trail.

With a thud that shakes the very foundations of the city, the gargantuan tendril crashes somewhere 
to the east, followed by a blaze of incandescent indigo - the Enchantress now absent from the sky 
and the ear-splitting song a memory etched forever.

Reeling from the Goddess's attack, one of the tendrils quickly turns away from the fight, flailing 
as it heads towards the city of Gaudiguch.

Drunken cries ring out from the city of Gaudiguch as the Guardian Drachou rises from his perch atop 
the Eternal Flame, his maw stretched wide as he unleashes a mighty roar.

Amidst the resinous fumes and intoxicated cries, Crumkane rises from the city, a rare look of anger 
spread across His visage.

An overwhelming sense of hunger rumbles in your gut as the voice of Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean 
Delights resounds, "Nobody interrupts My cooking, Nemach!"

From the Havens, a coruscating blaze of copper and ebon arrives, tracing maze-like patterns in the 
wake of Mysrai, Beckoner Beyond the Maze as He comes to hover beside Crumkane. With an echoing voice,
 He speaks words in some unknown, fluid-sounding tongue, plucking strands of brilliant energies from 
the air cloak with long, many-jointed fingers.

Barren of either flesh or feather, yet shining with alien constellations where both ought to be, 
wings unfold from the back of Mysrai. As they expand, the God ascends, His figure becoming both 
sharply real and disturbingly unreal, His eyes burning with cold pinpricks of fire. Reality shakes 
as He lifts His hands, summoning brilliant, indistinct weaponry of strange energies from the aether.

Amidst the fires that fill the city, a horde of culinary creations rise towards the Lord Epicurean, 
each one glowing with a Divine aura. Beside Him, the Beckoner calls forth a sphere of ivory and 
copper energies, flinging them towards the tendril.

Distracted from its attack on the Guardian Drachou, the gargantuan whips a tendril of rot and decay 
at the Elder, sending Him flying back across the city. Dodging aside, Mysrai sweeps a wash of 
coppery energy together into meaningless, asemic characters that twirl into a broad shield of 
flickering light, forcing the tendril back.

Regaining His posture and dusting off His suit, Crumkane responds with a barrage of pies that 
dissolve into pure domothean energy as they strike the abomination, which shrinks back as it sends 
out a shrill cry of pain.

The tendril lashes back in response, dimming Mysrai's shield and knocking Crumkane's pastries from 
the sky. Its flesh steams as the baked goods are sent flying back towards the ground.

Mysrai calls forth His shield once more with an almost dismissive flick of His fingers. With a 
strangely-echoing laugh, He plucks further spheres of energy from the air, each glimmering with 
strange maybe-realities. Casting them into the air, He propels them with a shouted word towards the 
gargantuan, sending it reeling and batting at the projectiles in confusion.

Void of His culinary creations to aid Him, Crumkane begins to manipulate His aura, morphing the 
energy into an a spatula of pure domothean power, and He flies through the air towards the beast.

The Elder and the gargantuan square off above the Eternal Flame, Mysrai flickering around them from 
place to place as Crumkane faces off against the creature. The alien wings snap through the air with 
an echoing keen, deflecting the blows of the gargantuan with each movement.

The smoke clears above Gaudiguch, and a resonating thud rings out north of the city. The Lord 
Epicurean descends towards the remnants of the Soulless beast, His portly form disappearing from the 
sky as the wings of the Beckoner slowly fold from miles wide of strange substances to His back.

Strange stars manifest in the sky as Mysrai laughs in disdain, His voice booming and cold as He 
ascends into the Havens and out of sight.

Delights resounds, "Such a waste of My confections."

Comments

• I really was hoping Nemach and Drocilla combined forces to take over the basin there....

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• ...Neeemaach *shiny touch*

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited December 2014
    Pretty bonkers, thanks for posting, @Zyphora. Don't tell anybody but I think @Mysrai's bit was the coolest.  :-$
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I just realised Yomo is a Cenobite from Hellraiser.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    I just realised Yomo is a Cenobite from Hellraiser.
    Peer.

Careful, you realize he has the Pandorica?

I dispute these logs! This is how I remember the events of late.

"Hello, Basin! Who takes the Pandimensional Transformix, takes the universe, but, bad news everyone, 'cause guess who! Ha! Listen, you lot you're all whizzing about. It's really very distracting. Could you all just stay still a minute because I AM TALKING!

Now the question of the hour is, "Who's got the the Pandimensional Transformix?" Answer: I do. Next question: Who's coming to take it from me? Come on! Look at me! No plan, no back-up, no weapons! Hey, quit looking at my hand! Oh, and something else I don't have: Anything to lose! So! If you're sitting up there waving your widdle tentacles around and you've got any plans on taking the Basin tonight, just remember who's standing in your way! Remember every black day I ever stopped your kind and then, and then... do the smart thing: Let somebody else try first".
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    This was really great to read - wish I was there.

I think a common complaint is that the Elders never seem to do anything in big events and are just kind of there, or conveniently shift into the background. This one broke that trend for sure!

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited December 2014
    All I'm saying is @Drucilla got tentacleslammed into her city, whilst @Lisaera was awesome.

Lisaera > Drucilla

/forumrp

• Qistrel said:
    All I'm saying is @Drucilla got tentacleslammed into her city, whilst @Lisaera was awesome.

Lisaera > Drucilla

/forumrp
    There is nothing but Glomdoring. Just sayin'
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Viravain was pretty badass, I have to admit.

• edited December 2014
    Flinging His tattered coat of Half-Formed leather behind Him, the Navigator moves with smooth, 
    practiced motions to pluck the stars from the mist surrounding Him, sending them flying at the 
    encroaching tendrils.

Raising Her hand to the Moon once more, Lisaera calls down a shower of sterling moonlight upon the 
    Serenwilde Forest, which glows ardent hues of emerald as the moonlight turns to mist, shrouding the 
    Forest. Her work done, the Elder Goddess glides easily into the forest, bow in hand.

Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Well, Nemach interrupted His baking.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    @Viravain was pretty awesome in that.