Debate Practice

Problem Statement:
There is no place to practice debate as safely as one practices fighting within the numerous arenas.  One's state is restored (excepting the CUREQUEUE, grrrr) when an arena event concludes, and thusly no harm is actually done and no potions/herbs/charges/salves/pipes were consumed.  It would be really spiffy if a similar mechanic could be implemented for debating practice.

The ideal mechanic would be as per an arena session (restoring all consumables) and unshattering ego on conclusion (possibly adjust the ``arena_start'' and ``arena_over'' scripts and simply reuse?).  Ideally participation and victory/loss would count towards family honour similar to arena spars (possibly weighted depending on one's house orientation, or possibly flat).  The areas should be limited, as per arena events. 

I hope one or more of the following might be considered:
1) Create a new room flag to support ``Debate Halls'', let existing organizations expand as per usual expansion procedures if they desire a Debating Hall (or whatever they want to call it).
2) Create a new room flag to support ``Debate Halls'', and simply apply it to all existing organization Inns as well as the Triple Junction and the Cave of Justice (or one of the Halls of Justice).
3) Create a new room flag to support ``Debate Halls'', and simply apply it to all existing organization Stages as well as the World Stage.
4) Create a new room flag to support ``Debate Halls'', and simply apply it to all existing arenas including Klangratch Tournies.
5) Create a new room flag to support ``Debate Halls'', create an artifact to set/clear this flag on manse rooms, and sell this artifact with other manse building artifacts.

Frankly, I would like to see options #1 and #5 adopted but I understand such work is not trivial and considerable analysis must be conducted by staff to ensure a well-behaved mechanic which meets or exceeds IRE quality standards.
</RANT>

Comments

• I suppose debating might be better left within the halls of academia since civilized people settle things like adults -- with swords and demon-web and burst organs! Nothing settles matters like asymetric violence, after all.

6) Create a new room flag to support ``Debate Halls'',and simply plop an amphitheatre/auditorium in each organization's Collegium (screw the rogues?).
    </RANT>