Gullagumbah's Merry Minstrels!

ShaddusShaddus , the Leper MessiahOutside your window.
Backstory:

The Minstrel's Tutor, Gullagumbah, has a very long and involved quest. When it was released, a handful of people did it and subsequently didn't take notes. At all. With the help of @Ixion and @Eritheyl, I managed to solve it today and plan on writing a guild scroll for posterity. Here's the end of it.
----------------------------
Handing the stein back to you, the soul begins to laugh, at first a soft giggle, but slowly
climaxing into a boisterous chuckle that echoes about the mountain.

Laughter echoes throughout Mount Wend, the uproar of the lost souls travelling to the mountain's
peak.

A sudden roar erupts from the mountain's summit, the Frost Spite stirred from his slumber.

Easily mistaken for a cry of pain, the sound gradually becomes more staggered, gasps of air between each loud bellow.

The Frost Spite's roars become more frequent, matching the laughter of the lost souls, and the mountain begins to rumble.

The spirit of the Merry Minstrel tells you, "The Frost Spite is laughing! Bring me the stein, and perhaps the Voice shall come to sing!"

Beneath a coil of copper piping.
Surrounded by a tune of jaunty notes, the spirit of the Merry Minstrel hovers slightly above the ground.
You see a single exit leading north.

You give an embossed golden stein to the spirit of the Merry Minstrel.
The spirit of the Merry Minstrel says, "You've done what the Voice of Gullagumbah never got the chance to do and brought laughter to the Frost Spite."

You pant like a dog.

A bellowing laughter suddenly pierces the air, interrupted by small hiccups that rattle the mountain.

The spirit of the Merry Minstrel exclaims, "The Voice returns to sing with me once more!"

Laughter fills the room, and the stein begins to glow. The spirit of the Merry Minstrel brings an embossed golden stein to his lips, causing the light to spread through his form.

In an echo of the Voice of Gullagumbah, the spirit of the Merry Minstrel exclaims, "Such laughter! I never thought I'd hear the Frost Spite ring out so!"

The spirit of the Merry Minstrel says, "For your hard work, Subotai, let Me share with you a song I sang to the Crimson Eye cadre one day as We gathered together for a drink."

The spirit of the Merry Minstrel says, "Actually, that was the day Clangorum crafted this stein for Me. He was there with Us that day as well."

The spirit of the Merry Minstrel turns the golden stein in his hands.

The spirit of the Merry Minstrel says, "Kalikai had ordered some of Dracnoris's firemead, and Ologri was still mourning the loss of His brother-mate, Oovanti."

The spirit of the Merry Minstrel says, "Everyone was so down, it was ruining the party, so I took it upon Myself to cheer Them up."

The spirit of the Merry Minstrel says, "I stood up before the cadre, Clangorum laughing as I stumbled to rise to My feet."

The spirit of the Merry Minstrel says, "'Crimson Eye, Crimson Eye' I've got a song for You,' I said."

The spirit of the Merry Minstrel says, "'Let's hear it then, Gullagut,' Kalikai shouted, friendly as always."

The spirit of the Merry Minstrel says, "'Well then, Torch-head, You all know what to do!' I replied."

The spirit of the Merry Minstrel exclaims, "And remember They did, for that's when the chanting began!"

A melodic chanting suddenly fills the air, the jaunty tune of a boisterous drinking song echoing throughout the distillery.

Through the spirit of the Merry Minstrel, the Voice of Gullagumbah begins to sing, "Raise Your glass and take a swig, let courage fill Your veins,"

The Voice of Gullagumbah sings, "Shout and cheer and yip and yell, let it echo across the planes."

The Voice of Gullagumbah sings, "Who else knows better than, the Crimson eyes, You see,"

The Voice of Gullagumbah sings, "How to drink and celebrate, or throw a good party?"

"Hi-la hi-la hi-la hi-la hi-la hi-la hi," the chanting continues.

The Voice of Gullagumbah sings, "Kalikai, Your strategies, are known across the land,"

The Voice of Gullagumbah sings, "Igaso, who else slays more with a single sword in hand?"

The Voice of Gullagumbah sings, "Panamandius could slay you, simply with His looks,"

The Voice of Gullagumbah sings, "And Braun has got one of the mightiest left-hooks."

The Voice of Gullagumbah sings, "Fight and brawl, and kill and slay, are how You fill Your day,"

The Voice of Gullagumbah sings, "But here with Me and firemead, do Your nights You stay."

The Voice of Gullagumbah sings, "So sing with Me, dear warriors, let's hear You raise Your voice!"

The Voice of Gullagumbah sings, "And see if We can't create something from the awful noise."

The Voice of Gullagumbah sings, "I raise My stein, it's golden gleam, as grand as the drink inside."

The Voice of Gullagumbah sings, "Crafted by My pal, Clangorum, who sits here by My side."

The Voice of Gullagumbah sings, "A final toast, to You, My friends, the Crimson Eyes You are,"

The Voice of Gullagumbah sings, "The strongest and the thirstiest of the Elders, by and far!"

'Hi-la hi-la hi-la hi-la hi-la hi-laaaa hi,' the chanting ends, fading away slowly.

The spirit of the Merry Minstrel says, "That was the last song I sang before I had to be hidden away.
"
The spirit of the Merry Minstrel says, "Gullagumbah, and I, We sang to inspire. Inspire happiness, inspire courage, inspire bravery."

The spirit of the Merry Minstrel says, "It's only fitting that His last song did exactly that."

The spirit of the Merry Minstrel says, "Thank you, little mortal, for finishing the challenge I never got to take."

The spirit of the Merry Minstrel exclaims, "Until the Frost Spite rings out with laughter again, farewell!"

The echo of the Voice of Gullagumbah laughs, and the glow within the Minstrel begins to fade.

A hearty laughter echoes throughout the mountain, followed by a sudden silence.

In his own voice once again, the spirit of the Merry Minstrel says, "Thank you for allowing me to sing with the Voice once again."

The spirit of the Merry Minstrel puts the golden stein back into his robes, pulling an iron stein out in its place.

The spirit of the Merry Minstrel hands you the iron stein, the metal heavy in your hands.
You have completed the Gullagumbah's Final Challenge quest!
You have gained a new honour!
You have received an ornate iron stein as a quest reward!

The spirit of the Merry Minstrel says, "That stein will help you remember the challenge you faced, doing that which even the Voice of Gullagumbah never could."

You throw your hands into the air and give a loud, "WOO!"

The spirit of the Merry Minstrel exclaims, "It, like the laughter you brought to this mountain, will eventually fade, but you shall always be one of Gullagumbah's honourary Merry Minstrels!"

The spirit of the Merry Minstrel says, "Thank you again, Subotai. With song in my heart, I bid you farewell for now."

The spirit of the Merry Minstrel exclaims, "Like the moaning of the lost souls, I too shall return, when laughter is needed once more!"

The spirit of the Merry Minstrel slowly fades away, flickering into nothingness.
Your karma rises in response to your deeds.

"stein160369"                           an ornate iron stein

A metallic grey sheen covers the iron that makes up this drinking vessel, forged into a large, and
quite heavy, stein. The metal is slightly warm to the touch, the inside the basin heated to a
constant degree in order to raise the temperature of anything within. Peaked at its centre, a large
lid covers the opening of the piece, tiny bubbles resembling foam decorating the covering which
solely give way to a tiny lever which allows the stopper to be pulled up so that the cup can be
sipped from with ease. A thick handle protrudes from the side of the vessel, formed to resemble a
strem of liquid pouring downward, which provides a sturdy grip for the receptacle. Embossed into the
piece are a number of ancient runes, their meaning lost to time.
It has 30 months of usefulness left.
It is strangely weightless.
It bears the distinctive mark of Grand Monger Subotai Ysav'rai, Deacon of Decadence.
It has the following aliases: stein, iron.

You hug an ornate iron stein compassionately.
---- and what the stein does when you drink from it:

You drain 10 sips of whiskey from your liquid rift into an ornate iron stein.

You take a long draught of whiskey, hoping to quench your thirst.
As you drink from the stein, a memory not your own begins to fill your mind.

You are approached by an elderly man, who is followed by a fiery presence, a somber, yet jaunty tune
surrounding the both of them. He hands you a large golden stein, which is warm to the touch, and
whispers to you, 'The Voice has chosen you. Go forth, Merry Minstrel, and bring joy to the Basin!'
--

'Happiness is sometimes just a mask,' the Voice tells you, 'sometimes you must put on a smile in
order to fulfill your purpose as a Merry Minstrel, even on your worst days. It is our duty to
inspire, and we must push through our own problems in order to do so.'
-

As your body starts to break down with age, you realize that your time with the Voice is coming to
an end. 'It's been fun, My friend. Now, we've got to find a new Merry Minstrel to take your place,
for sorrow will always exist,' the Voice says to you.
-

'Your songs will cause them to loosen up a bit,' the Voice tells you, 'I've gifted you with a bit of
My power. It will help relieve their sorrows, and will inspire them to feel happiness once more.'
-

Smiles grow across the faces of all that surround you as you take one final bow, your performance
coming to an end. 'We did it again, My Merry Minstrel,' the voice says to you, 'excellent work as
always!'
-

You sit within a crowded bar, the shouts and cries of the other patrons rising around you. You
glance down into your pint of ale, and see a reflection within the liquid. Turning to see where it
is coming from, you find yourself face to face with a presence that floats about with a fiery light.
An unexpected smile fills your face as boisterous tunes begin to fill your mind.
Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

Comments

• Congrats on finishing it!

I don't recall it being that too long or difficult (didn't bother to take notes on it). The only thing I remember is grumping at someone, Thalkros I think it was, that the reward was a decaying stein.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I was a bit disappointed that it decayed as well, but a majority of the reason I wanted to know the quest was so others would be able to learn it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    HI-LA HI-LA HI-Lahhh man I forgot how much I loved that song.

Good work! :x
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    edited January 2015
    Laughter echoes throughout Mount Wend, the uproar of the lost souls travelling to the mountain's
    peak.

A sudden roar erupts from the mountain's summit, the Frost Spite stirred from his slumber.

Easily mistaken for a cry of pain, the sound gradually becomes more staggered, gasps of air between each loud bellow.

The Frost Spite's roars become more frequent, matching the laughter of the lost souls, and the mountain begins to rumble.

• edited January 2015
    As of a couple hours ago, this stein was made to be resetting it looks like, bound to you, and non-decay.

Thank you whoever changed this!

Also, it does not appear on artifact list.
    Edit: I'm not sure if it refill automatically or not yet.
    I doubt it'll refill, people would do the quest for what essentially amounts to a bottomless arti vial.
  • Update thanks to Subotai.

Apparently it holds 50 of any liquid. We can confirm it gives visions on sips of whatever still.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Can you attach a teardrop sigil to it?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • No idea, and sorry but I don't plan to test that right now.
    I haven't tried, but it's doubtful. It's not a bottle or vial, and the only aliases for it are stein and iron.