Meditation en-Krak: Now with Drums!

Directing the group, you say, "Let us stand in a circle, like a Moondancer gathering."

Azus glides to the side, to begin the circle.

You beam broadly.

You see the following people here:
Vhula, Qistrel, Azus.

Vhula takes a step back to adjust his position near the Khan and add to the circle.

Qistrel stands at an equal distance from the other two Serenwilders.

You say, "How adventurous are you two feeling today?"

Vhula tilts his head in a canine fashion.

Grinning, Noyarqa Vhula Rual'roth says, "Very."

"Uhh..." stalls Qistrel.

Your eyes sparkle with amusement.

You say, "Drums or dance? I've been wanting to experiment with both."

Vhula ponders the situation.

Noyarqa Vhula Rual'roth says, "I vote drums."

Archdruid Qistrel Starleaf, Firefly Dreaming says, "I can do that."

You nod your head emphatically.

Archdruid Qistrel Starleaf, Firefly Dreaming says, "Our guildhall actually has a set, though I do  not think they are used very often."

Azus draws three very large golden mushroom caps from thin air in a puff of glowing spores.

You say, "I do so love the planar rift. Exceptional piece of innovation, that."

Vhula nods his head in agreement.

The corners of Qistrel's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

Handing one golden cap to Vhula, you say, "Now, we'll be seated, and we'll dum out a beat, and hopefully, it will be underpinned by the mantras as i expect them to be."

Handing another to Qistrel, you say, "Let the beat and the thrum come to you naturally."

Vhula settles himself on his haunches and places the drum comfortable between his knees, giving the cap an experimental tap with one short claw.

Qistrel ponders the situation.

Qistrel settles to the ground in a cross-legged position, inhaling deeply. As she brings her hands up to rest open-palmed at either side, she exhales, all tension leaving her body.

Qistrel places the mushroom on her lap.

Kneeling on the ground with the mushroom on her lap, you say, "This is still a meditation of fire. As you drum, try to express your passion for a particular subject. A loved one. A duty. A source of
anger."

You close your eyes and inhale deeply, absorbing the scent of your surroundings.

You have emoted: Azus begins to drum her hands on the golden mushroom cap, gently tapping out a regular rhythm.

You intone, "KRAKPHET."

You have emoted: Azus continues to drum a steady beat, and nods to Vhula

Vhula taps a faint erratic rhythm on the cap, the beat twisting between highs and lows and intertwines with the regular pulses like a vine twisting around a tree.

Noyarqa Vhula Rual'roth intones, "KRAKPHET."

You flash Qistrel a joyous smile.

Qistrel taps out a higher, faster beat, like that of hooves galloping.

Archdruid Qistrel Starleaf, Firefly Dreaming intones, "Krakphet."

You have emoted: Azus increases the pace of the beat, embellishing each of Vhula's highs with a rolling strike, inexpertly adding a sense of urgency to the rhythm.

You intone, "KRAKMUN."

You notice Vhula's eyelids are beginning to droop.

Vhula adds a sharp, snapping beat, punctuating the rhythm like the crackling sparks of fire.

Noyarqa Vhula Rual'roth intones, "KRAKMUN."

Qistrel taps faster, keeping place with the other drums with a skill as if she has done this before.

Slightly hesitantly, Archdruid Qistrel Starleaf, Firefly Dreaming intones, "KRAKMUN."

You have emoted: Azus quickens her beats, keeping the underlying rhythm steady, but incorporating a variety of sounds both deep and flat into the song of the drums. She hums a high note as she does, flashing red and orange.

You intone, "KRAKUTI."

Vhula's short claws stumble momentarily but with a quick, rumbling laugh, he picks the beat up again, sharp and fast, a sense of urgency building.

Noyarqa Vhula Rual'roth intones, "KRAKUTI."

Vhula's eyes repeatedly shut as he tries to stay awake.

Her hands almost blurring with elfen dexterity Qistrel adds in higher and lower notes, her drumming now sounding like a stampede of many different animals.

Archdruid Qistrel Starleaf, Firefly Dreaming intones, "KRAKUTI."

Vhula's eyes repeatedly shut as he tries to stay awake.

Azus maintains her beat and her pace, though her intonation rings strangely in the ear, and reverberates through the air.

You intone, "AKHKRAK."

Vhula snaps his palm flat, loud and forceful before returning to the complex rhythm he was weaving, more snaps follow before he slows his beats a touch.

Noyarqa Vhula Rual'roth intones, "AKHRAK."

Qistrel slows her rhythm a little, concentrating on keeping the beat.

Archdruid Qistrel Starleaf, Firefly Dreaming intones, "Akhkrak!"

Azus ceases drumming abruptly, slamming both of her palms onto the mushroom cap, disturbing a riotous maelstrom of glowing golden spores.

You yell, "KA!"

Vhula stops with similar abruptness, both palms flat.

You see Noyarqa Vhula Rual'roth yell, "KA!"

Qistrel halts suddenly.

You see Archdruid Qistrel Starleaf, Firefly Dreaming yell, "KA!"

You say, "And once more."

You yell, "Ka!"

You see Noyarqa Vhula Rual'roth yell, "Ka!"

You let loose a long breath from your lungs, exhaling slowly.

You say, "Phew! That was much harder work than other meditations."

A low, contented growl arises within Vhula's chest.

You say to Vhula, "Take five, noyarqa. You look exhausted."

Vhula utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Vhula is so cute. Can I have him? :x
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Maybe we can do an exchange program! Send Vhula to HalliMonks, get some monk person to come learn Shofangi.
  • Daraius said:
    Vhula is so cute. Can I have him? :x
    I call dibs. *territorial growl* 
    is dead like the dodo