Simple questions?

Comments

• edited February 2017
    So you guys are done with bonecrushers?

• They are "done" as much as most classes are "done" and have been in this state for many months. Any further changes can be put through the envoy system as they are deemed necessary by the envoys/admins, just like the blackout report you just mentioned.
  • edited February 2017
    How is giving blackout a one second buff going to stop people from avoiding Bashbrain?
  • This is no longer a simple question.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Tbh this is my first ever mud so I'm not used to heavy fighting, scripting and dealing with big numbers. I also don't buy a lot of credits or devote all my time to Lusternia. My question is how will I become better as a warrior if nothing changes?
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited February 2017
    This isn't the right thread for it. My advice would be to go collect some logs of your fights, post them in the combat logs subforums and politely ask other people for any tips on what you can do better.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Rolsand said:
    Tbh this is my first ever mud so I'm not used to heavy fighting, scripting and dealing with big numbers. I also don't buy a lot of credits or devote all my time to Lusternia. My question is how will I become better as a warrior if nothing changes?
    You have to practice and get better at playing your class, instead of expecting buffs to do the work for you. Skills are balanced around their usage by competent players.
  • edited February 2017
    Bonecrushers are kind of weak one on one and could do with some extra afflictions yes.

Their issue is they only have chest and head wounds and no way to pull the parry from there. They need scary afflictions on the limbs or gut.

Every other warrior spec can spread threat over at least four areas with scary or deadly afflictions on at least four body parts. Bonecrushers are stuck with only two which makes parrying them and countering their instant kill very easy.

There have been talks with some of the warrior envoys to adjust some afflictions and give some new ones to various warrior specs.

EDIT: Making their black out one second longer actually will give them a bit more variety in how to get the instant kill but they could still do with something scary at critical legs, heavy/critical gut etc.

My quick idea was to just give bonecrushers mutilated legs at critical akin to how blademaster is, its a bit of a boring solution though but it would solve bc's threat area issue.

• Phoebus said:
    Rolsand said:
    Tbh this is my first ever mud so I'm not used to heavy fighting, scripting and dealing with big numbers. I also don't buy a lot of credits or devote all my time to Lusternia. My question is how will I become better as a warrior if nothing changes?
    You have to practice and get better at playing your class, instead of expecting buffs to do the work for you. Skills are balanced around their usage by competent players.
    I'm always screaming on the market about finding a sparring partner. I'm tired of coming on and not being able to enjoy combat.
  • How do you buy esteem from a shop? I've tried imbue figurine with # esteem from pedestal/the number of the pedestal/figurine/pedestal# ?
  • Anita said:
    How do you buy esteem from a shop? I've tried imbue figurine with # esteem from pedestal/the number of the pedestal/figurine/pedestal# ?
    use the figurine numbers.  IMBUE <figurine> WITH <units> ESTEEM [FROM <figurine>]
  • Ayisdra said:
    Anita said:
    How do you buy esteem from a shop? I've tried imbue figurine with # esteem from pedestal/the number of the pedestal/figurine/pedestal# ?
    use the figurine numbers.  IMBUE <figurine> WITH <units> ESTEEM [FROM <figurine>]
    Thanks! Also realised I was trying to buy more esteem than was in stock too, so that probably didn't help!
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Rolsand said:
    Phoebus said:
    Rolsand said:
    I'm always screaming on the market about finding a sparring partner. I'm tired of coming on and not being able to enjoy combat.
    I was responding to your question on how to get better if nothing changes. That is how you get better, whether you are able to effectively do so or not. There is no magical solution beyond gaining experience. A buff wouldn't change your ability level, it would just make the class stronger, which would benefit you but not actually make you a better warrior. 
  • @Ianir
    @Estarra

Hi just asking this because there's been a few folks asking and there is some confusion over the current monthly promo.

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2694 and past forum posts from Ianir have said that the 50 spins on the wheel get a 100% chance for a disc. Post also says that you cant get discs on free spins.

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2703 says there is now a chance to get get a curio love box.

Has the disc offer stayed the same? Because some people @Zilias  were reporting over 50 spins with no disc rewards after post 2703, others were reporting that they got a disc on a free spin.

Can we get it clarified?

Are discs still 100% chance every 50?
    Are discs available on free spins?
    Has the love box curio reduced or kept the disc chance on a normal spin the same?

Thanks for any update.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    From experience spinning the wheel, the 'special rewards' are distribute (from the top of my head) like this:

- 50 spins => reward
    - 50 spins => reward
    - 100 spins => reward
    - 100 spins => big reward

but that's from the top of my head, can be that the actual sorting differs, but the big firework reward thing keeps across months and slowly builds up to the point where it's triggers. And if you had one already, the next one is going to take longer ( till it resets after getting the 500 cr bonus )
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited February 2017
    Aeldra said:
    From experience spinning the wheel, the 'special rewards' are distribute (from the top of my head) like this:

- 50 spins => reward
    - 50 spins => reward
    - 100 spins => reward
    - 100 spins => big reward

but that's from the top of my head, can be that the actual sorting differs, but the big firework reward thing keeps across months and slowly builds up to the point where it's triggers. And if you had one already, the next one is going to take longer ( till it resets after getting the 500 cr bonus )
    Ianir said:
    Versalean said:
    To be clear:

If I hit the 50-credit Wheel blessing, I'll instead get an Ascension Disc, and
    If I hit the 500-credit Wheel blessing, I'll instead get an Ascension Disc?
    The 500-credit Wheel blessing has not been changed for this. You should still get 500 credits if you hit it.

So 50 spins before the love thingy got you a disc 100% of the time. Now after the love thing no ones sure.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Re: guild clans. 

I've ran into this pretty often. Unless it was changed, your ledger would only let you make someone the leader if they were already in the clan.  If it won't let you, maybe issue yourself and ask.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Do gods have internal organs, a circulatory system and all that? Or are they just shells with essence in them, like starshaped Cadbury eggs?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited February 2017
    Re: Wheel spins

They were never 50-spin prizes. They were 50-credit prizes. How many spins it took to get the 50-credit prize increases the more of them you get, starting from as little as 25. It then resets once you hit the big 500-credit prize. Now, instead of 50 credits when you reached one of these thresholds, you should get a disc instead.
  • Shaddus said:
    Re: guild clans. 

I've ran into this pretty often. Unless it was changed, your ledger would only let you make someone the leader if they were already in the clan.  If it won't let you, maybe issue yourself and ask.
    When I was Aqua GA, I believe I had to ledger some stuff to myself that my character was not in, I believe.

I could be wrong though, it's been a while.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2017
    Tremula said:
    [A:16 R: 0] Solution #2: In addition to the above, allow designs for the
                             notepad paper.

This was originally slated to happen, but the Furies decided to go with only the notepads as designable (for now).

In the examined of the notepad, is it okay to describe the pages in a way that doesn't conform to the actual sheets that can be torn out?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    It was brought up elsewhere, so I was wondering if backgrounds and histories are considered public knowledge in-character
    Can someone explain the use people get out of the 'silver compass of true directions' ? maybe I didn't understand the proper use of those milestones, but I have never understood that artifact really. (Aside of using it for maps, which apparently is a common use? )
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Is there a way to tell if you have gotten the no-brainer lesson package before?
    Selenity said:
    IIrc it shows in 'credits report' if you're eligible for one ( same for the credit pack )
    Aeldra said:
    Selenity said:
    IIrc it shows in 'credits report' if you're eligible for one ( same for the credit pack )
    Thanks Aeldra. :smiley: As for your question... if you're not a bard, the silver compass is still useful. All along the roads are milestones. If you use the silver compass, you can travel to one of those milestones directly instead of having to walk there. Though there may be even more milestones than the ones of the roads now, for all I know, it's been a long time since I played. It's really about the convenience of travel. If you lack a pyramid puzzle or the one up from that, it's a quick way to get by a place for a village revolt (that is what they were called, right?) or otherwise to bouncing around Prime.
    1. Does the Great Rune of Unlocked Potential, when attached to a cube, make the cube permanent? Or will the cube still have a decay time?
    2. Do the Gloves of Mastery reduce only the use of energy from your reserves, or also from powerstones?
  • Selenity said:
    1. Does the Great Rune of Unlocked Potential, when attached to a cube, make the cube permanent? Or will the cube still have a decay time?
    2. Do the Gloves of Mastery reduce only the use of energy from your reserves, or also from powerstones?
    Runes always make what they are attached to permanent
  • Selenity said:
    Powerstones too.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    What commodity would work as a simple adhesive in Lusternia? Wax? I'm thinking post-it note grade stickiness.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."