Simple questions?

Comments

• Glomdoring right now seems to consist of Veyils, and err... Veyils.

email: martin@pharanyx.net
    Discord: Pharanyx#4357
  • edited March 2017
    Couple of A few questions:

How hard is it to get the Forsaken to not be aggressive? 
    Is it part of the Ice angels quest?
    Any other way of getting to Climanti without being killed?
  • I'm guessing you're hitting us at a bad time, we liven up in the evenings EST. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I've been around about 10 hours before this post, during this post's time, and about eight or nine hours after this. By liven up do you mean there's more people? I greeted on ct with 7 others online and heard nothing back.
  • Can't help you there, I hate talking on CT so I don't respond and I don't think I've noticed you online but I play sparingly these days. I did mention it to some folks, they'll be on the look out. *shrug*

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited March 2017
    Sumi said:
    Is Glomdoring a dead org or am I just running into afkers all the time? I have had exactly one instance of rp interaction with Kalaneya, the rest was "read this, do this" and then I was promptly ignored after emoting back in response. Aside from those two times where I've actually gotten any interaction I keep finding people who just sit in various locations inside of the forest who don't respond between hours of me trying.

I can see from the CGT logs you've been talking to Eliron, Athree and Kalaneya a little bit yesterday.

Honestly not sure if I've bumped into you directly myself yet I did notice you said hello on CT at about 9gmt today but unfortunatly a Domoth was happening and we cant see your messages when we are on it. (This is a real pet peve of mine and one reason why I really really want to make all channels reachable from almost anywhere) You were basically ignored because most folks logged in here were doing the domoth so didn't know you were saying anything until after the domoth was over and a domoth can be an hour long affair.

That said Glomdoring is pretty quiet right now, I think we are maybe the smallest org at the moment overall.

EDIT: I know its a bit sucky having to resort to messages to get peoples attention but right now the way the game channels work its the best way to make yourself know to individuals. Message your guild leadership or commune leader if you have any questions and they'll seek you out. 
  • edited March 2017
    Help! I can't figure out how to put money into the arena! :(

-----

arena
    Syntax: ARENA <command> [arena] [properties][values].
    Possible commands are: SET, SETUP, SHOW, RESET, DEPOSIT, and WITHDRAW.

arena deposit 1
    You do not have the power to do that.

help gaudiguch
    10.2.6 GAUDIGUCH, CITY OF FREEDOM

[THE GRAND DOMINION OF GAUDIGUCH]
      Minister of Cultural Affairs: Breandryn

-----

I should have authority as the minister, shouldn't I? Is there another aideship I need? I've tried depositing from the arena staging grounds as well.

Oh wow, I'm dumb. I needed to use pyrodome in the command. >_<

Ok second half of the question: 

FUNDS CULTURE also has money in it but I can't figure out how to withdraw it or transfer it to the arena. Anyone have any tricks for this? Thank you!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You can't.  Surprise!

The only Ministries that can access (withdraw) their funds are Ambassador and Trade.  You need to get someone to move the funds out of Culture into another Ministry that can be withdrawn from and then someone with permissions to withdraw to do so.
  • edited March 2017
    Are you able to see customised emotes before you actually do them for real?

By that I mean, so you can know how the targeting will work on the other person and their view of your emote etc.

• Sumi said:
    Is Glomdoring a dead org or am I just running into afkers all the time? I have had exactly one instance of rp interaction with Kalaneya, the rest was "read this, do this" and then I was promptly ignored after emoting back in response. Aside from those two times where I've actually gotten any interaction I keep finding people who just sit in various locations inside of the forest who don't respond between hours of me trying.
    @Sumi! We're probably the smallest org right now, sorry you've had that experience, and sorry I had to duck out the other day. There are definitely some people planning little events (think there's one tomorrow around the weave), so I hope you stick around to check some it out before you decide what to do with your cool character. If you see me around, feel free to poke me to hang out :) 
  • @Sumi I'll pay attention to you if you want. You may have caught me AFK, though I try to just log out if I think that will happen. I haven't been on much lately, I'll try to be on more.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Anita said:
    Are you able to see customised emotes before you actually do them for real?
    Presently, you cannot unfortunately... I suggested it a while back.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Ayisdra said:
    Tirah said:
    If you have your curios in a curiobox, can you still use them? (Rub enchanted ones, sprinkle cooking curios)
    Ones that require some active command (ie rub) can not be used without taking it out of the box. The exception to this rule is genies which can be rubbed from the curiobox. Curios that are passive (like damage resist/enhancement) work. Curio collection powers also work with the curios in the box.
    At least for some curios ( i.e: genies ) this is no longer true. You can just rub bottle1234 from inside the curiobox.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Taer said:
    Glomdoring right now seems to consist of Veyils, and err... Veyils.

If you only count people who are able to log in nearly every day... perhaps?

@Sumi, I'm sorry that you've encountered such inactivity in Glomdoring lately -- we're definitely going through a bit of a quiet spell. People who will roleplay with you definitely exist, however; if I manage to catch you online, I'll certainly reach out. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep trying!

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What port can I use to connect to Lusternia besides port 23?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    What port can I use to connect to Lusternia besides port 23?
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Do we know what dream beasts look like?
  • Anita said:

It doesn't look like anyone else answered these, so I'll give it a try.

1) It requires a significant time investment. Think several hours. 
    1a) As of ~12 hours ago, they weren't aggressive. Don't expect this to last for too long.
    2) One piece of the Ice Angels quest will certainly do it. I also think that a piece of the Forsaken quest will do it, but can't confirm this.
    3) In the past, there has been a rift in the center of the crystal meadows which take you to a safe place in the mountains. I never have to use it any more so can't confirm whether it's still there.
  • Mrak said:
    Anita said:

It doesn't look like anyone else answered these, so I'll give it a try.

1) It requires a significant time investment. Think several hours. 
    1a) As of ~12 hours ago, they weren't aggressive. Don't expect this to last for too long.
    2) One piece of the Ice Angels quest will certainly do it. I also think that a piece of the Forsaken quest will do it, but can't confirm this.
    3) In the past, there has been a rift in the center of the crystal meadows which take you to a safe place in the mountains. I never have to use it any more so can't confirm whether it's still there.
    Regarding this, why can you still not enter the past version of Climanti, despite the forsaken being pacified?
  • edited March 2017
    Tirah said:

Regarding this, why can you still not enter the past version of Climanti, despite the forsaken being pacified?
    You can. Just tried it.
  • edited March 2017
    Huh. I touched the ice pillar and nothing happened. Weird. I will try again in bit.

Edit: Tested, still does not work
  • I don't know about any ice pillar. Explore the ruins, the entrance will be pretty obvious. Alternatively, poke Mrak in game at some point.
  • Huh! They changed how you get there! Thank you.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Tirah said:
    Huh! They changed how you get there! Thank you.
    They did not "change how it works".  There are two entrances, depending on which side of the quest chain was done.  Ice angel side opens up an enterable portal down near the Ice Havens, whereas the Forsaken side enables the needle at the top to be touched for entry.
  • Xenthos said:
    Tirah said:
    Huh! They changed how you get there! Thank you.
    They did not "change how it works".  There are two entrances, depending on which side of the quest chain was done.  Ice angel side opens up an enterable portal down near the Ice Havens, whereas the Forsaken side enables the needle at the top to be touched for entry.
    I love you. Always wanted to explore, was told Needle was the only way to get there.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Mermaid dresses and mermaid silhouettes.

Are they describe as such in Lusternia, or do we dance around the term "mermaid" as carefully as possible?
  • Selenity said:

Are they describe as such in Lusternia, or do we dance around the term "mermaid" as carefully as possible?
    Could always go with fishtail dress?

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Selenity said:

Merians and kelpies are all I know of.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Clearly they're called Carakhan dresses in Lusternia.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I believe it. We don't have poodle skirts, we have Lyreskirts.