Simple questions?

Comments

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    I know it's been asked before. Heck, I'm sure I'm even the one who asked it. But...

... is there a list somewhere showing how many pages are in each of the bookbinding books? Pamphlet versus journal versus tome, et cetera?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I remember seeing such a list connected to an ab list somewhere, maybe Xiel's site or the wiki?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited March 2017
    For a question (hold your butts because it's a long explain for a simple yes/no answer):

If someone prepends an emote into a say-like non-say while speaking a language other than common with someone who doesn't speak that language in the room, will that third party understand the prepended section? And if this situation were plugged into an emote, can it be set in such a way that the emote can be understood but not the speech?

Ie: Hoopa does the following:
    SPEAK FURRIKINI
    SING (In a soothing lull) Rock-a-bye, and goodnight...
    EM (continuing with the voice of a particularly matronly angel) rocks the cub in her arms, singing "Go to sleep little furball."

What does Ixion, who happens to be standing in the room but didn't speak the lingo, see and hear?

EDIT: turns out the answer is that they see something like "In a soothing lull, Hoopa Hopkeep sings something in a language that sounds like chittering."
  • Does anyone remember what a "Great Rune of Divine Spirit" used to do? I can't find any information on it anymore.
  • Aesyra said:
    Does anyone remember what a "Great Rune of Divine Spirit" used to do? I can't find any information on it anymore.
    Life rune, increased max H/M/E. No longer functional, trading it in should give a full refund of the 1400cr it was worth.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
    Aesyra said:
    Does anyone remember what a "Great Rune of Divine Spirit" used to do? I can't find any information on it anymore.
    I think it raised your max HP, but maybe it was max MP or max Ego... I'm pretty sure it's one of those. But I could be wrong. I had to trade in mine when I came back. :D
  • edited March 2017
    @Ianir @Selenity Thank you! I was just wondering what it used to do to figure out whether to replace it or not.

Also another question: What happens to the item if I remove the rune? Will it be destroyed or start decaying?

EDIT: Sorted, thanks to Ianir! Anyone who's wondering: They don't poof but regain their decay time.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Aesyra said:
    @Ianir @Selenity Thank you! I was just wondering what it used to do to figure out whether to replace it or not.

Also another question: What happens to the item if I remove the rune? Will it be destroyed or start decaying?
    It will resume decaying from where it left off.  You can buy a cheapy rune from the tradein value of that rune to plop on it to keep it permanent.
  • Ianir said:
    Iosai made a massive migration from Jewelry a while back, but it might still be broken in places.
    That may or may not have been down to the fact Iosai was English and I made a point of TYPOing every 'wrong' spelling I found in the game over the course of a few weeks. Jewellery being the main one. Hell, even the forums states 'jewellery' is incorrect!
    email: martin@pharanyx.net
    Discord: Pharanyx#4357
  • Mrak said:
    I have a list of questions:

3) Are there "rules" for following written somewhere? I think the following things are true: someone won't follow you into an area they're enemied to, and someone won't follow you off plane (out of the area?) if you've declared them. Is there any way the follower can turn these restrictions off?

4) Can kikikoru be used on custom beasts?

Thanks!
    3. Seem to recall if you were mutual allies with the person, it would bypass the restrictions.

4. Yep! (Still max of 10, though).
    email: martin@pharanyx.net
    Discord: Pharanyx#4357
  • edited March 2017
    Q: Just me or is Lucidian demi/+ better than stated in HELP LUCIDIAN?

ETA: A: IG hour. Got it.

Lucidian OP.
  • Taer said:

3. Seem to recall if you were mutual allies with the person, it would bypass the restrictions.
    This doesn't seem to be the case :(. I wish this were a toggle-able thing (if it's not).
    Aside from the rune, what quickens equilibrium recovery?
  • Knowledge karma blessing, blue lollipops (help aethergoopcraft)
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Given some of the really stupid pets and player mobs we've had since, what was really so bad about Stabbington Bear?
  • Reylari said:
    Knowledge karma blessing, blue lollipops (help aethergoopcraft)
    I know you're just being complete, but blue lollipops are next to useless. In that the buff is very small if the person is properly prepped and artied.

• Selenity said:
    Aside from the rune, what quickens equilibrium recovery?
    Wondercorn #8: 1/3

• Can books be edited after being accepted into the library system?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Tirah said:
    Can books be edited after being accepted into the library system?
    Yes. You can edit freely when archived and not published. When published, you can still edit but it'll put the book back into the review system for critique and approval. I'm not sure how this interacts with things that have been entered into/won prestige.

Last I knew, you couldn't edit a book while it was under review, but I don't know if that's working as intended or not.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Can someone tell me how the Avatar resurrect power works? If I try just RESURRECT <whoever> it tells me it's an invalid command. Does it work at all or am I using the wrong syntax here?

I don't have the demigod resurrect power, but the Avatar thing is separate isn't it?
  • Aesyra said:
    Can someone tell me how the Avatar resurrect power works? If I try just RESURRECT <whoever> it tells me it's an invalid command. Does it work at all or am I using the wrong syntax here?

I don't have the demigod resurrect power, but the Avatar thing is separate isn't it?
    It seems the avatar power has been changed to unlocking the ability to take the demigod power. Not sure when this happened.
  • edited April 2017
    Ianir said:
    It seems the avatar power has been changed to unlocking the ability to take the demigod power. Not sure when this happened.
    Was that a conscious change or did it happen accidentally?

Because it's weird. REFRESH is also a Avatar thing and I can do that just fine, on myself and other order members. But not resurrect when it's also supposed to be an Avatar power? :/
  • Aesyra said:
    Ianir said:
    Was that a conscious change or did it happen accidentally?

Because it's weird. REFRESH is also a Avatar thing and I can do that just fine, on myself and other order members. But not resurrect when it's also supposed to be an Avatar power? :/
    Not sure. I'll ask after it. Seems it's been this way since 2014 though, bit before my time.
    Yeah, it was intentional-- look at POWERS INFO RESURRECTION.  It specifically talks about your Patron God.  It's a Demigod power that gets unlocked when you are an Avatar, but you now have to buy it and spend weight on it.

Unknown why that change was made, though.
  • edited April 2017
    Xenthos said:
    Yeah, it was intentional-- look at POWERS INFO RESURRECTION.  It specifically talks about your Patron God.  It's a Demigod power that gets unlocked when you are an Avatar, but you now have to buy it and spend weight on it.

Unknown why that change was made, though.
    I thought if I bought the demi power on top I could res anyone I please, not just order. But you're right, I should have read the description of that power more closely.

Considering the limitations of the demi power, I think it's too expensive though. It's like everyone is either a demi and/or conglutes anyway, so a death usually costs them less than the 250k essence if I res them. And on prime it's generally easier to grab the body and immolate. Replacing power is faster than 250k essence. Plus you need to be Avatar AND have the demi power just to res order members? That's a bit overkill. Tl;dr: I don't understand why that change was made either. I think those should be separate. Avatar for order members; demi power (considering the cost in relation to the other stuff) for anyone I please.

But anyhow, thank you @Xenthos and @Ianir , question answered. :)

edited April 2017
    As a note, there probably won't be an "anyone I please" Demigod rez because that is already an Ascendant power (called Breath of Life).  Which is much weightier (20 million essence, 30 weight).
  • If I have a stasis gem in a manse room, can I deconstruct a piece of furniture and make a new one, and still have it protected by the gem?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited April 2017
    Yep, the gem just halts all furniture decay in the room. You can redecorate ad infinitum.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    How does buying/selling wondercrystals work? Is there a special syntax?
  • Selenity said:
    How does buying/selling wondercrystals work? Is there a special syntax?
    you have to use an item name. so like WONDERWAND for the syntax for trading. you can sell for credits ( at least 1 credit is required).